PDA

View Full Version : Concourse Steakhouse

Mami2Princesa
05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Any good or bad reviews on the Concourse Steakhouse?

WisMom
05-01-2007, 06:55 PM
I am interested too. I just made an ADR there for our next trip.

WisMom

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-01-2007, 07:11 PM
My family and I have had dinner there on two separate vacations and we enjoyed it both times. The food was excellent and our servers were amaizing, so we have no complaints about it.

disneyjunebug
05-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I love this restaurant and really am worried since they are moving it before I get there. I've always thought it was "over-shadowed" by Chef Mickey next door. True, it is not a quiet, romantic place usually. But the food has never disappointed me and the service has always been fantastic!

Mickey-4-Me
05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I love this restaurant and really am worried since they are moving it before I get there. I've always thought it was "over-shadowed" by Chef Mickey next door. True, it is not a quiet, romantic place usually. But the food has never disappointed me and the service has always been fantastic!

Moving it? To another location in CR?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Moving it? To another location in CR?It's going to be moving to the 1st floor where the Food & Fun Center is. Also since it won't be on the 4th floor concourse level, the rumour is the name will change to the Waive and they will serve an Asian themed menu. WDW has not said when this move will happen, however the rumour is that it would move sometime this October.

kdkbrebel
05-02-2007, 05:51 AM
We have an ADR there for our trip in July. Always like to hear others opinions on places we are going.

NC State
05-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Great, I can't wait to try it next week!

Steph9072
05-02-2007, 06:11 AM
We have ADR's there for later this month. The menu looks awesome, can't wait to see if it truly is or not.

tfc3rid
05-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Ate ther eon our last trip to WDW and really enjoyed it... There were few kids and the food was very good...

rcraw45425
05-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Unlike other steak restaurants that receive raves here, we have NEVER haf a bad experience at Concourse. The Ribeye with chipotle butter is awesome!

disneyjunebug
05-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I know! I've always considered it one of the best kept secrets of WDW! It isn't a fancy menu, but the onion soup is wonderful and you can't beat the steaks. I also love the Shrimp Pasta. I've always wanted to try to wings, but can't get past the onion soup!

DisneyWorldWisher
05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
When we went this was the only meal we said we would definitely not do again.

Not too good...

The food was not the best...:sad2:

luv2nascar
05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
2 years ago my family had a great meal there. The steaks were wonderful.
I can't say anything bad about it. Hope it stays just as good once they move it.

3PRINCESSMOM
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
When we went this was the only meal we said we would definitely not do again.

Not too good...

The food was not the best...:sad2:

we will never return to! Sorry to disagree with most, but the meal was just aweful, and the service was the worst!

WI_DisneyFan
05-03-2007, 07:57 AM
From my experience, I think just about every restaurant in the world (lower case "world" as in "planet Earth", not upper case as in "Disney World") is hit and miss; some just miss a lot less frequently than others. I have dined at 4 and 5 star restaurants and had bad meals, and I've eaten at restaurants with bad reputations and had excellent food and service. I think the Concourse Steakhouse is one of those places that hits a lot more than it misses. We ate there three separate times on our honeymoon because we stayed at the Contemporary, and we never had a bad meal. The wings are very good, but maybe that is because they taste a lot like wings that my mom used to make when I was a kid. I wouldn't hesitate eating here again.

Oh, and FWIW, I read the following on the latest AllEars newsletter:

"We just returned from a week-long stay at the Contemporary. We thought you might like to know that the new arcade is being moved up to the 4th floor this Wednesday and will be open by Saturday (4/28). This came straight from a Cast Member at the arcade. He also told us the arcade would be considerably smaller, and that the food counter would likely be closed for 18 months! Cold food will be available upstairs and any hot food items will have to be purchased at the Sand Bar next to the pool. The Concourse Steakhouse and the Outer Rim bar will be moving down to the first floor and will be called The Wave or Waves and will supposedly be high-end and tailored to the business set. The Cast Member told us there would be a blue tube to walk through and the new place would be encircled with plasma TVs. Chef Mickey's will be expanding on the 4th floor."

This was submitted by a reader, so it obviously isn't written in stone; so take it for what it's worth. I think this will all be speculation and hearsay until something official is announced.

MEGADAN
05-03-2007, 10:25 AM
we will never return to! Sorry to disagree with most, but the meal was just aweful, and the service was the worst!

It was terrible. Worst meal, worst service we have had on Disney property.

jimmalru80
05-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Concourse Steakhouse has been our first meal at WDW for each of our last seven trips and while some meals have been "better" than others, we've never had anything to complain about.

("Better" meaning faster service, a more favorable seat location, etc.)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, and FWIW, I read the following on the latest AllEars newsletter:

"We just returned from a week-long stay at the Contemporary. We thought you might like to know that the new arcade is being moved up to the 4th floor this Wednesday and will be open by Saturday (4/28). This came straight from a Cast Member at the arcade. He also told us the arcade would be considerably smaller, and that the food counter would likely be closed for 18 months! Cold food will be available upstairs and any hot food items will have to be purchased at the Sand Bar next to the pool. The Concourse Steakhouse and the Outer Rim bar will be moving down to the first floor and will be called The Wave or Waves and will supposedly be high-end and tailored to the business set. The Cast Member told us there would be a blue tube to walk through and the new place would be encircled with plasma TVs. Chef Mickey's will be expanding on the 4th floor."

This was submitted by a reader, so it obviously isn't written in stone; so take it for what it's worth. I think this will all be speculation and hearsay until something official is announced.How come there was no mention of the Food & Fun Center moving to the Concourse Steakhouse location on the 4th floor? Every Cast Member I spoke to said that is going to happen 100% since it's the only location they can fit it into. Plus there are rumours going around the name would change to Chef Mickey's Express, which makes sense since it would be right next to Chef Mickey's.

byoung
05-03-2007, 08:05 PM
We have eat there a few times always's been great. Never had a bad meal there.

CindyKansas
05-03-2007, 09:07 PM
:love: I love to eat breakfast there because I love their Sticky Mickey's, they are wonderful. We have never eaten lunch or dinner there.

Apaddycake
05-03-2007, 09:20 PM
How come there was no mention of the Food & Fun Center moving to the Concourse Steakhouse location on the 4th floor? Every Cast Member I spoke to said that is going to happen 100% since it's the only location they can fit it into. Plus there are rumours going around the name would change to Chef Mickey's Express, which makes sense since it would be right next to Chef Mickey's.

We have ADR's for Sept. 23 at the Concourse and the CM didn't say that it would be changing names. Will our reservation be transfered to the new restaurant? I hope they let us know.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-03-2007, 09:30 PM
We have ADR's for Sept. 23 at the Concourse and the CM didn't say that it would be changing names. Will our reservation be transfered to the new restaurant? I hope they let us know.I am not sure what would happen with your ADR's, however the rumours are the Concourse Steakhouse would not move and change names until October. So if all that is true then I think you have nothing to worry about.

Dreamfinder2
05-03-2007, 09:52 PM
I've had dinner there once, on NYE 2004. I'm guessing the holiday has a lot to do with this, but it wasn't at all crowded. The service was slipshod and the food just so-so. It approached a disappointment.

I'd gladly give it another try, but the fam won't hear of it.

I'd still encourage all to give it at least one shot. I'd eat with you if I were there.

WindyCityDisney
05-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I really, really hope there's no move until after our July trip!!

We ate there for the first time last year and had a great time. Food was great and so was the service. They had a cool rainbow peanut butter sandwich -- regular PB&J on some sort of multi-colored bread. There were reds, purples and I think blues swirled around on the bread. People around us were asking about it. DD loved it so much she almost didn't eat it.

We are definitely going back this year, but on a solo night away from our grand gathering group. DD would never order PB&J in front of her peanut-allergic cousin and I know how much she enjoyed the sandwich last year.

WETWHISTLE
05-04-2007, 12:39 PM
We just went there last Saturday and I thought it was very good. The worst part of the meal was the family next to us since the kids decided to scream and fight the entire time and the parent's wouldn't do anything about it.

But I thought the food was very good. I'd go back again.

MandM-Mom
05-04-2007, 05:55 PM
We love the Concourse, we have ADR's for our upcoming trip! I love the chipotle glazed ribeye! My DD loves to watch the monorail so this is a must do for us!

traviesojmt
05-04-2007, 06:14 PM
We ate here for the first time this past Feb. We had a wonderful meal with excellent service. We were not bothered by the action or noise at Chef Mickey's. We are eating here again in June when my DH and I take our first adults-only trip to Disney.