PDA

View Full Version : UGGG! Remember the in-laws that changed the ADRs

mlggator
05-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Do any of you remember my thread about my in-laws who wanted to come after I booked everything and I had to change a bunch of ADRs to accomodate them. Well, now they have changed their mind once again and don't want to come. :mad:

So, do I change my ADRs again, or just keep the ones we have and have 4 show up instead of 6.

Michele

Vemnox
05-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I'd call the Dine line and tell them the situation and have them change the one's they can. They cannot modify previous reservations with the exception of changing the party size only if the table will still accomodate the new size Essentially, if you are a party of 4 now but booked on a table that accomodates 4-6 people, then it's an easy change. But if you're now 4 booked on a table that holds 5-6 people (most are like this), you won't be able to modify the reservation.

I'd do what I can to modify b/c you don't want to risk being turned away at a location.

tigger536
05-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Any chance they could change their minds againand decide to come?

Easier to move down to 4 than up to 6 ppl...maybe keep it 6 for a little while to make sure they're sure?

mlggator
05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Would they really turn us away if only 4 showed up instead of 6? I find that hard to believe. What do they do if people in your party get sick? Now I am worried.
The worst part is that we are booking through dreamsunlimited and that poor travel agent went through all this work to change or ADRs the first time. I am just sick about asking her to waste her time again and change them, especially since we are cancelling one of our reservations.

Michele

justplaingoofy
05-01-2007, 04:08 PM
If it were me I would call and see if you can get the adr's for 4. If so, then I'd cancel the ressies for 6.

jonslola
05-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Gotta love in-laws!

Mich Mouse
05-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Do not worry about not being seated if you show up with four people for a ressie for six. They will not turn you away. This happened to us a few times last summer when I travelled with some not so puncutual relatives.;)

If you can change them, it may make another table available for someone else, which is great!

If not, I'd hold onto those ressies. Who knows? With the way your in laws change their minds they may go with you after all.:)

want2bamommy
05-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Do any of you remember my thread about my in-laws who wanted to come after I booked everything and I had to change a bunch of ADRs to accomodate them. Well, now they have changed their mind once again and don't want to come. :mad:

So, do I change my ADRs again, or just keep the ones we have and have 4 show up instead of 6.

Michele

Michele,

I do remember your previous post and I am SOOOO SORRY! That is awful! I don't know what would happen so I would suggest calling the dining number and checking. I would think that showing up with 4 instead of 6 would be fine. You can just say that something "came up" and the other two are not joining you.

HUGS!!!

Missie :grouphug:

CarolA
05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
We showed up at LeCellier with 4 when I had a reservation for 7 and it was not a problem... I just would show up LOL!

bennythepug
05-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I *just* got off the phone making ressies for Chef mickey's for our family of 5. I asked the cm if there would be a problem if just 3 of us ended up showing up (playing it by ear depending on how my youngest will tolerate characters!)

He said they might not seat you till everyone is there and seated :confused3
has anyone heard of this?
He said I would have to call first. :confused:

I'm just going to keep it at 5 and see how it goes, I can't imagine they would turn us away

brooke1
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I dont think they would kick you out either. I did all my ADR"S for three people and only two might go on the trip, but i did three people just in case and even if the thrid person is not able to come i wont change the ADR'S

Last time we went only two people most of the time we were seated in a 4 person table.

Brooke:)