PDA

View Full Version : where to eat in AK

Tinkershell
05-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I am wondering where people like to eat at the Animal Kingdom? There doesnt seem to be many restaurants. We are on the dining plan. We are thinking about Donald's Breakfastasaurus, and maybe Pizzafari for lunch. Any thoughts?

jakenjess
05-01-2007, 01:35 PM
We have had good lunches at both Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House.

LEO_Magic
05-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Donald's is awsome!!! We loved it.

kapoof
05-01-2007, 01:39 PM
the best place to eat at ak is to take the bus over to epcot.

kaybird
05-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Tusker House has the Absolute best CS in all of WDW. We always enjoy Donalds Breakfastasaurus. Later on we are looking forward to the new Yak & Yeti!

JMD
05-01-2007, 02:24 PM
I like Flame Tree for lunch.

tluvstink
05-01-2007, 02:54 PM
I love Tusker House:cool1:

ChrisAlli
05-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Flame Tree BBQ and take the path around back stay right and go all the way down to the water. Nice covered area, great view of Everest and always ducks, fish and turtles swimming around, plus twice we've been there and the boat with mickey, minnie and pluto came by.

loopner67
05-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Flame Tree BBQ and take the path around back stay right and go all the way down to the water. Nice covered area, great view of Everest and always ducks, fish and turtles swimming around, plus twice we've been there and the boat with mickey, minnie and pluto came by.

I'm adding my approval to this one. LOL. We enjoyed this CS restaurant in AK and loved sitting down by the lake. We saw the boat with Mickey and Goofy on it (they were dancing on the boat). Very fun! :banana:

DizGeek
05-01-2007, 04:02 PM
the best place to eat at ak is to take the bus over to epcot.

LOL! I was going to post the exact same thing!

kapoof
05-01-2007, 04:05 PM
hey dizgeek great minds...well you know :thumbsup2

Dizneydaz
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Another vote for Tuskers and Flame Tree. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 We like both of them.

Last time we were there, my DM and I were going to have lunch at Tuskers (the salmon and the chicken are good) and my DD7, wanted McD's chicken nuggets. So, I (being the wonderful, doing anything for my princess, mom that I am), quick walked (boy was that a long way :confused: ) over to Restaurantosaurus and get her a McNuggets meal while they waited at Tuskers. The only problem was that it was hard not to spill the soda, on the walk back, since they don't have lids (or straws) in AK. My DM and I got the 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken served with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables and Tusker House Chicken Salad tossed with balsamic vinaigrette dressing with 2 large Diet Cokes. We got 1 cheesecake and 1 carrot cake for dessert. The food was good. The rotisserie chicken, potatoes, and green beans, were as good as usual. The chicken salad was excellent! :cool1: We’ve never had it before. However, we had way too much food. We could have easily shared the chicken salad and been satisfied. We took the desserts to go and ate them later in the room. They were okay.

Another day we (DM and I) got our lunch at Flame Tree and carried it to Restaurantosaurus to eat it there with DD (again with those McNuggets). This was a much better walk. I do agree that the outside area at Flame Tree is very nice! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 My DM and I shared the Ribs (with beans and corn) and the Fruit Salad with a side order of Onion Rings. (we were on DDP) The ribs were as good as always. The onion rings were yummy. The fruit salad was very good :goodvibes , with a lot of fresh fruit-I was pleasantly surprised. Since we each had our own meal we ended up with alot of food! Too much-we ended up throwing away a lot of food-we we’re too full! We saved the desserts for later.

Happy Dining! :goodvibes .

Treacle44
05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Flame Tree BBQ was lovely and Tusker House has great reviews too.

disneyfanUSA
05-01-2007, 05:46 PM
we love Pizzafari and r going to do Donald's Breakfast for the 1st time this year cant wait!!

~~~~~~~~~~`
00 off site
01 off site
02 assp
03 asmu
04 pop
05 por
06 asmo
07 going to asmu in August!!

ZoZo
05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
I really like Tusker House. Even though it's a CS restaurant, they have food that's not your typical "fast food." My favorite is the rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. Mmmmm.

danielle782001
05-01-2007, 05:58 PM
The breakfast is fantastic! The food is very good (not a lot of choices, but all the staples are there) and the characters are great. We have taken some great photos there!! Donald's Breakfast turns into a McDonalds for lunch and dinner. We eat lunch there. The kids love the special happy meal toy- it was a dinosour the last time we were there. This is a safe choice if you have picky eaters like we do.

Tinkershell
05-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks so much for all of the help! I hadn't heard much about Tusker House or Flame Tree and both sound great! What is good at Tusker house?

Simba's Mom
05-04-2007, 05:09 PM
we love Pizzafari and r going to do Donald's Breakfast for the 1st time this year cant wait!!

~~~~~~~~~~`
00 off site
01 off site
02 assp
03 asmu
04 pop
05 por
06 asmo
07 going to asmu in August!!

Ditto! It's not a trip to WDW without a hot deli sandwich from Pizzafari. And I also can't wait to try Donald's this year.

BabaGanoush
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Animal Kingdom has the best CS restaraunts in any of the parks. Granted they dont have any TS (yet) but if you are looking for strictly CS, they beat ANYTHING Epcot has to offer. I would seriously take Tusker House or Flame Tree over any CS at any other park.

Case in point - I have had the 1/2 rotisserie chicken at Tusker House and at the Seasons at Epcot. One, Tusker is cheaper (about 2 bucks) and two, MUCH better chicken. Very moist compared to the Epcot version.

My favorite things at DAK CS:
Tusker House - Rotisserie chicken
Flame Tree - Seriously, anything... it is all good... including the onion rings
Pizzafari - Hot Italian Style Sandwich
Restarauntasaurus - Blah... typical theme park food... only reason to eat here is if you have picky kids.

buildit
05-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Tusker House is one of my families favorite CS meals.

Colleen27
05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
We only have lunch at AK, but we liked both Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House. Good food and enough to share.

For TS at dinner, we went over to AKL for Boma. On this trip, we're planning to head over to Epcot or one of the monorail resorts for dinners on our AK days.

Cee
05-05-2007, 06:07 PM
...it's GOOD food that's FAST. :thumbsup2

Buckalew11
05-05-2007, 06:08 PM
We love Flame Tree but have never tried Tusker House. We just have not been able to not have our tradition of eating at FT yet. Maybe someday.

Enjoy AK. There are so many fun things to do there.

PirateKitty
05-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Tusker House :thumbsup2

MJMcBride
05-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I love the Flame Tree BBQ, here's my review of it in case ya care

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/01/11/disney-dining-review-animal-kingdoms-flame-tree-barbecue/#respond

meowzer
05-05-2007, 09:35 PM
We made the mistake of trying to eat at one of the few CS places in AK. We were starved and the lines were so long. The line at Tusker house was approx. 2 hrs. Our solution was to leave AK and head over to the Polynesian and eat a sit down meal there. It was well worth it and since the Poynesian had a tropical theme you still felt like it was part of the entire AK experience we had planned for that day,

PeterPan68
05-07-2007, 12:46 AM
We really love Tusker House!!! Only place to find a "fried" Chicken sandwich @ WDW.:thumbsup2
We also really like The Rainforest Cafe' (unlike many others...LOL).

bekkiz
05-07-2007, 09:56 AM
I keep wanting to try a new place at AK, but we love Pizzafari so much, I just can't convince DH to stray :LMAO: He likes the pizza, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hot italian sandwich. It's a must every trip.

ballarinamom
05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
We had 10:30 ressies at Donald's. It was perfect. We ate a muffin for breakfast and made 8:00 rope drop for EMH. Rode the Safari, Primeval, Triceratops and Dino then made our ressies. I was concerned with people saying they thought the food was old and felt rushed with a late ressie because they open as a McDonald's at 11:00. But we felt totally oposite. They have two serving sides and dining rooms. They closed off the other side for serving and dining around 10:30. They put up a partition to divide our section and serving line and we stayed until 11:30. They food was fresh and there was a good variety. By eating mid morning we were satisfied with an early pm snack and and early dinner. PLUS we got all of the autographs which saves time as we did not have to wait in the long lines in the parks.

*EWooWDW*
05-07-2007, 02:40 PM
we ate at pizzafari and they used to have a meal deal where you would get a pizzia and drink and then a 2 coupons: 1 for popcorn and 1 for an ice cream.
I think it was only like 8 bucks....but i don't know if they offer this anymore. I hope that they do