PDA

View Full Version : Teppanyaki rehab?

SamanthaL
05-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Has it started? It was supposed to begin in April. Anyone know?

AshleyMWC
05-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Giving this a bump because I am also interested. I am thinking of booking this in October in place of....oh please don't flame me....Le Cellier for lunch. My mom really like Chinese/Jananese food, and being that she doesnt eat red meat and pork, this looks like it may be a good choice for us. Any idea when it will reopen and if the menu will stay relatively the same?

p.s. I'll post before I cancel Le Cellier if I do so maybe a Diser can grab it :thumbsup2

wendy46001
05-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Yes it has started...the whole top floor of Japan is under construction...New menu is to be more emphasis on Sushi...but full menu is not published yet

Mackey Mouse
05-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Oh Darn. I do hope they still offer the some of the previous menu as some of us do not like sushi.....I hope, I hope!

mickey'sbud
05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Is it totally closed? What are the dates for rehab? anyone know?

canda
05-07-2007, 09:08 AM
It was supposed to be closed last fall. I had ressies and found out it was the last day open. I canceled because I was afraid they would not bring in much fresh food and everything would be what they are trying to get rid of. Then I get to Epcot and find out it will stay open for 4-5 more months. :confused3

AshleyMWC
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks for everyone's help. I guess maybe I will wait a little while before I cancel Le Cellier and book Teppanyaki. I LOVE sushi, so I would love for the rehab to be heavier on sushi, but I hope they also have some of the old menu also. Any more tips are appreciated :thumbsup2

MinnieGirl33
05-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I believe it reopens Aug 21. My understanding is there will still be a teppanyaki side & they are combining/updating the Tempura Kiku & Matsunoma Lounge. This area is what will have more sushi offerings.

If the powers that be are smart (IMO), they will expand the teppanyaki side & move it to the front of the pavillion to take advantage of those great views & move the lounge/sushi area to the rear.

Dis Ohana
05-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Will the new area be considered a TS meal? I thought the Tempura Kiku place was a CS meal.

kaybird
05-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Will the new area be considered a TS meal? I thought the Tempura Kiku place was a CS meal.

Yakitori is the CS, the TempuraKiku and Matsunoma Lounge are both TS, but have not been on the DDP