PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's VMChristmas Party opinions

sympatico
04-28-2007, 07:22 AM
So what does everyone think about MVMCP. Is it worth going to and what tips have you got? The dates for 2007 are out and we will be able to go either on Nov.12,15 or 16. We've got two 4yr old grandsons. Do you think they will like it and will we like it? How crowded etc.? :santa:

tednvon
04-28-2007, 09:12 AM
We absolutely love it...We do not do the parks that day, call EARLY for dinner about 5:30 at MK at either Tony's or Liberty Tree or C Palace. We arrive about 4:45 or so and usually they will let you in, even though the ticket says 6:00. Park will clear of non MVMCP by about 7 PM. Lots to do and see, special parades, fireworks, local high school bands, and of course the rides are pretty wide open... For the price it is like a full day in the parks...If you can hang in till the last hour, you can literally walk on any ride you want over and over.

But the real fun is all the Christmas stuff, special shows and the look on the faces!!!

Ted

monami7
04-28-2007, 09:20 AM
We felt ripped off. Sorry , but we did. We thought it was twice as crowded as any day we had spent in the parks. nothing was different really. Except the parade which was wonderful, however $40 for a parade? The cookies and Hot chocholate was fine, but again $40? We found ourselves whishing that we had bought park hoppers with the money instead so we could have went to Epcot that night instead on MVMCP. We actually think a lot of people stayed that were there during the day so it was regular park goers and MVMCP goers. They NEVER once checked our wristbands so we saw no reason why they couldn't have watched the 7pm parade on main street and just hung out until it was clear?
My parents and grandparents, sis and her family left at 10:00. They were sick of dealing with the people. DH & I stayed to ride rides. It did clear out abou 10:30 for the rides.
We just did not feel that it justified the price.

sympatico
04-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok, so that's one for and one against. Anyone else??

beattyfamily
04-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Well, I'm for it!

I've done MVMCP 4 times now (and MNSSHP 4 times).

I think everyone should try it once if they will be there during December.

It's so festive and fun. You can enjoy all the festivities like the fireworks and the parade. The Christmas shows.

Or you could do all the rides with very little wait.

The snow on Main Street while watching the parade. :goodvibes

The rare characters out and about. Belle in her Christmas dress. Cinderella's Carriage on display for photos.

We just love it.

NCRedding
04-29-2007, 06:00 PM
We've done it twice, but the last time was in 2002; we've also done the Halloween Party, and for us, it is worth it.

We do just like tednvon: don't go to any parks during the day, relax around the resort, schedule an early dinner at MK, either at Crystal Palace or Liberty tree Tavern, and get into the park early. We start at the back of the park and work forward. If we want to see the parade, we wait for the second one, its much less crowded, and we use the time during the first parade to hit the rides while the lines are so much less. The park feels more crowded when walking around, but the lines to the rides seem a lot smaller.

ReallyFunMom
04-30-2007, 06:34 AM
I think it is a good value only if you don't otherwise have park tickets. I would much prefer one night at one of the parties with special events and low lines than a one day ticket cost. If you have parkhoppers and can be in MK all day long, I do not think its worth the added expense. If you are visiting SW or IOA/US, especially on a prior AP or something, I can see attending a party to get a taste of Disney on the trip. Thats how we do the parties, anyway. If you do go, try to relax the day away until 4pm and get there then so the 4 year olds can get as much time as possible before bedtime. I actually like scheduling a vary late lunch so we can do things for awhile before we need a food break and then we keep it simple. We had a 2:40 pm Kona reservation that worked out well such that we were at the turnstiles at 4pm.

horseshowmom
04-30-2007, 08:06 AM
We loved it (4 adults, me-47, DH-50, DD-19, BF-23). I did some research ahead of time to select the best night to go, and we had almost no crowds - pretty much walk on all the rides. We wound up not seeing as much of the Christmas shows as I had planned, because it was just so tempting to keep riding the rides. We did watch the last parade though and the fireworks show. We'll go back again. :thumbsup2