PDA

View Full Version : Royal Caribe resort

Princess1
04-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Next month we will be staying at the Royal Caribe Resort and I was wondering if anyone else has stayed there and what they thought of the resort!!

lovindonald
04-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I am debating on this place myself for August. All the reviews I have found are great. The pool looks awesome and it is SO close to Disney. Let me know how you like it.

winniethepoohsmom
04-25-2007, 07:48 PM
My DB and DSIL have stayed there twice with their 2 DD's and they love it and plan to return again. They said the pool was great and it was close to the parks for mid-day breaks and a separate area to hang out in and watch T.V. after the DD's went to sleep.

kathfish
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Caribe was one of the first looked into places for our upcoming trip.... (6 days, 12 hours, yeah!!!)
I've never stayed, but a coworker had, she LOVED it, thought I was crazy to try anywhere else, since I had gotten a really good price too. Know that she is an early 40 something with no children and she stayed there for a work thing. Picky girl too, I must say. ;) Anyway she said it was beautiful, not even a question of clean and servicable, and she loved the pool, thought it was one of it's best features. Restaurants and such..... I don't think you will regret.
AND, I'd love to hear a review, since I -stayed there almost- :)

Lisa BC
04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
I have never stayed there myself, but I've been by it several times. The exterior is beautifully maintained. It is super close to the DTD, and OKW area of WDW (not within walking distance, but 5 minute drive to OKW.

However, I just finished planning accommodations for our November 2007 trip. I found it more economical to rent a villa down south of 192. We are getting more space, and a pool in our backyard with 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms for much much less than it would cost us to rent 2 of the two bedroom units at Caribe. If you like the resort type atmosphere, you might also consider renting a town home in Windsor Hills. You'd get three bedrooms and two bathrooms with a splash pool for less money than a 2 bed at Caribe and also have resort amenities like large heat pool and a club house. These villas are just as close to WDW but on the Animal Kingdom end.
...Just some food for thought.

Lisa