PDA

View Full Version : World of Disney NYC upcoming Pirate Event

petescinderella517
04-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Attention Pirates of the Carribean Fans:
World of Disney in New York City is planning a HUGE Pirate Event to kick off the release of the new movie May 25. It is supposed to be a full weekend of events starting with an early showing of the newest movie. Check the website for upcoming details as I am sure tickets for the premier will go fast.
Also, on Memorial Day, Artist Jim Shore will be there for a signing of his collection of Disney pieces. Another great event at the best place outside Florida. I will keep everyone posted about Pirates when I learn more.pirate:

diznycrazed
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Cool!!!! As I live in South Jersey I can make the NYC events and I surely can use a fix just about now. I was supposed to be in FL the second half of Easter week and was so looking forward to getting all the friday the 13th pins but I got severely flu sick and had to cancel. So you know I need the fix bad!!!

Terry

suzimar57
04-18-2007, 07:58 AM
thanks for the info - we live in jersey, just across the river from NYC, so we should be able to go! (nothing planned that weekend)

1000th happy haunt
04-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I haven't seen any information about a Pirates event at World of Disney in NYC. Where did you get your information?

I was under the impression that last year's Pirates event in NYC wasn't very successful. I'm surprised that they would try it again.

lpizzuro123
04-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Just signing on to get more info. We live in NJ now also (originally from Queens). We were at the WOD store last weekend and I asked about a special pirate event and they said probably but did not have any info yet. I will keep checking to find something out. Would love to be down in WDW for this but we are going July 4 week.

Linda

petescinderella517
04-24-2007, 10:34 PM
The website for World of Disney has all the info about the Pirate event that is coming. It was pretty successful last year and they are having a whole weekend of events this year. I have first hand knowledge of this.

Brian_WDW74
04-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Here's the link to the "Pirates in the Big Apple" event taking place at WOD:

http://destinations.disney.go.com/wod/store/storeInfo/landing?id=NEW_ActivitiesEventsLandingPage

And please. If anybody is going to be there for the event, I'd love to arrange to get a copy of the limited edition opening day pin that they'll be selling!

*Brian*

lpizzuro123
04-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Thank you so much for posting this. Wow, there are alot of events going on that weekend in the city. I just might have to sleep over.

Linda

lpizzuro123
04-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I don't remember the price of last years but I though it was more expensive. This one doesn't seem that bad. I also love the Statue of Liberty piece.

Linda