PDA

View Full Version : June 23rd DIS meet in Epcot

Disneyolic
04-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Epcot DIS Meet
Saturday June 23rd

7:30 - 8 pm
Meet in Norway for a drink of choice and mingling. We will meet on the water's edge side of Norway.

8 pm
Let's all ride Maelstrom together and get a great photo!

Attending For Sure:
Disneyolic....DawnMaree & Rob, DS 7, DS 6, DD 2+
twob4him....Cathy & Edmund, DD 9, DD 3, DD 2
Ragnrok......Tony & Scilla
karibritt1.....Kari & Wynn, DS 9, DD 4
kate2961.....Kate & DH, DS 6

twob4him
04-13-2007, 10:17 PM
I am currently trying to put together a DIS meet in Epcot on Saturday June 23rd. So far, it's pretty much up in the air exactly where but here's what I am thinking...

Meeting sometime around 7:30 or 8 pm in World Showcase for a drink of choice (wine, beer, smoothie, soda....). Or we can ride Maelstrom together.

British Invasion plays at 8 pm
MoRockin plays at 8:20 pm

Or we can skip around the park while holding hands...

Let me know your ideas and if you want to join on in or for any suggestions.

This page will be updated as plans become more firm.

Great idea! Count me in for the Maelstrom/drink part....that would be right after dinner...perfect! :banana:

Disneyolic
04-14-2007, 09:46 AM
I was hoping for the Maelstrom ride but some people think it's boring. I think it's fun. We rode it 4 times in a row one evening right before Illuminations (we skip the film at the end).

Now, we have to get Rags on Rocks over to this thread to join in...

jennz
04-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I up for skipping around the park holding hand! :rotfl2: Actually the 23rd sounds great, I'll be staying at my parents w/dd and her bff...this would be a great break! Any plans yet?

Disneyolic
04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I up for skipping around the park holding hand! :rotfl2: Actually the 23rd sounds great, I'll be staying at my parents w/dd and her bff...this would be a great break! Any plans yet?
Excellent... It's great to get more people for a meet. I thought the skipping while holding hands may spark an interest...:lmao: If everyone is up for it, maybe a drink in Norway and riding Maelstrom may be fun... We could get a CM to take our picture in the Viking Ship.

Jennz - please visit our DISers Stalking DISers thread. You will have a lot of fun over there!!! The link is in my siggie!

twob4him
04-19-2007, 11:18 PM
I am up for it too. We have dinner reservations for 6:15 pm so 7:30 or 8 pm would be great!! And we will be right there in Norway. Just look for the three Princesses....lol , princess: princess: princess:

2angelsinheaven
04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd love to come, maybe I can find a way, I love locally but my fiance' goes to work at 10pm and we live about 1 hour away from EPCOT, so this would be tight. Maybe I could have him take the night off, would love to meet some fellow DISers. And I love Norway!

Disneyolic
04-25-2007, 07:54 AM
I'd love to come, maybe I can find a way, I love locally but my fiance' goes to work at 10pm and we live about 1 hour away from EPCOT, so this would be tight. Maybe I could have him take the night off, would love to meet some fellow DISers. And I love Norway!That would be great! Plus I would love to talk to you about Cape Canaveral as we vacationed there last October and are talking about going back next year. A friend of ours owns a condo on the beach!

This would be a great meet if we can get everyone to show up! Picture opportunity for sure!!!! :thumbsup2

Disneyolic
04-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I have updated the first post, trying to get things more firmed up. Check it out and tell me how that sounds...

Ragnrok23
04-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I have an ADR at LeCellier at 6:30- but I will meet up with everyone when I get out:cool1:

twob4him
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm in :banana:

twob4him
04-27-2007, 04:02 PM
I have an ADR at LeCellier at 6:30- but I will meet up with everyone when I get out:cool1:
Ya:cheer2: Can't wait to meet ya!

I'd love to come, maybe I can find a way, I love locally but my fiance' goes to work at 10pm and we live about 1 hour away from EPCOT, so this would be tight. Maybe I could have him take the night off, would love to meet some fellow DISers. And I love Norway!

Oh it would be so fun to meet you :love: I hope you can come!

SingingMom
04-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Epcot DIS Meet
Saturday June 23rd

7:30 - 8 pm
Meet in Norway for a drink of choice and mingling.

8 pm
Let's all ride Maelstrom together and get a great photo!

This is still somewhat vague but as our date approaches we will firm up exactly where
Remember we can always "tweak" our times to suit everyone who wants to join in the fun.

We are planning on going to mass that evening and Bob's brother & sister-in-law may drive down from Jacksonville for dinner... but ..... if they don't come.....we'll come! :wizard:

Disneyolic
04-27-2007, 05:02 PM
SingingMom - How would you feel if I said that I hoped your family didn't join you??? :rotfl2:

karibritt01
05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
YAY!! Talked to DH, and we are in! I think it was the beer that swayed him! I think Avery and Tucker will have fun riding Maelstrom with the other kids.

Disneyolic
05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
YAY!! Talked to DH, and we are in! I think it was the beer that swayed him! I think Avery and Tucker will have fun riding Maelstrom with the other kids.Awesome Kari!!! We will have a whole boatload, I think. Won't that make for interesting pictures? Rob will surely share a beer with Wynn.

Depending on the weather and my mood, I'll either opt for a glass (or should I say plastic cup) of wine or some sort of smoothie.

I'm really getting excited about this meet!

SingingMom
05-02-2007, 02:49 PM
SingingMom - How would you feel if I said that I hoped your family didn't join you??? :rotfl2:

YAY!! Talked to DH, and we are in! I think it was the beer that swayed him! I think Avery and Tucker will have fun riding Maelstrom with the other kids.

Awesome Kari!!! We will have a whole boatload, I think. Won't that make for interesting pictures? Rob will surely share a beer with Wynn.

Depending on the weather and my mood, I'll either opt for a glass (or should I say plastic cup) of wine or some sort of smoothie.

I'm really getting excited about this meet!

It's BOB's family, not mine! :lmao: (MY sister isn't arriving until Monday! LOL)
Bob's DB and DSIL live in Jacksonville. Last year they drove down and met us for dinner our last night. As nice as it was to see them, it took away from the whole day - since we weren't sure "exactly" what time they would arrive. oh well. Considering we rarely spend time with HIS family and my BIG ITALIAN FAMILY is ALWAYS around... I guess I have to put up with it. :goodvibes

Mass at the shrine is 6pm... I'm going to see if there is a closer Catholic church with an earlier mass on Saturday evening.

Bob will join Rob & Wynn for that beer - I will gladly have a glass of wine - or isn't Mexico right near there? Margarita's anyone?! :drinking1

I'll keep you posted on our plans...

Disneyolic
05-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Mass at the shrine is 6pm... I'm going to see if there is a closer Catholic church with an earlier mass on Saturday evening.

Bob will join Rob & Wynn for that beer - I will gladly have a glass of wine - or isn't Mexico right near there? Margarita's anyone?! :drinking1

I'll keep you posted on our plans...I think that it is great that you are still taking time to go to church even on vacation. You make me feel bad...but not that bad! :rolleyes:

Oooh...and margaritas sound scrumptious! http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Food_and_Drinks/Alcoholic_Beverages/Margarita_2.gif

karibritt01
05-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I personally am taking my vacation from church as well. I am the preschool Sunday school teacher (for the past 6 years!), on the church council, the Education committee, and chair of the 30th Anniversary planning committee. I am churched out!! I can hardly wait to sleep late on a Sunday morning! :cloud9:

SingingMom
05-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I think that it is great that you are still taking time to go to church even on vacation. You make me feel bad...but not that bad! :rolleyes:

Oooh...and margaritas sound scrumptious! http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Food_and_Drinks/Alcoholic_Beverages/Margarita_2.gif

I personally am taking my vacation from church as well. I am the preschool Sunday school teacher (for the past 6 years!), on the church council, the Education committee, and chair of the 30th Anniversary planning committee. I am churched out!! I can hardly wait to sleep late on a Sunday morning! :cloud9:

Kari - sounds a bit like my resume, too. :goodvibes I am the librarian for the parish school (where Dana has attended the past 9 years), I am a cantor (leader of song) every week, assistant direct the children's choir, Bob is a Eucharistic Minister, until recently we were "team couples" for Pre-Cana (marriage preparation classes), Bob's served on the strategic planning committee and the finance committee, and I was the Education Council secretary for four years. ;) You might say we are "involved".. :goodvibes

DM- we always find the local Catholic church if we are away on the weekend. We've been to the neatest churches all over. It's part of the vacation experience for us.
One of my favorite churches is up near Rocking Horse Ranch in the beginning of the Catskills... tiny little place... the priest pulled me aside as we were leaving and said, "You! Where did you come from??!! I heard you singing!!" It was very cute.
Another fun experience was in Bermuda - we took a taxi to Saturday evening mass... then couldn't find one to get us back! I was about to call the resort concierge to have him send us one, when the priest noticed us and had a parishioner drive us back!! Very nice woman - we had a great conversation as she told us her experiences coming from Canada and living in Bermuda!

Just more things to add to our vacation memories! ;)

twob4him
05-06-2007, 09:49 PM
We are planning on going to mass that evening and Bob's brother & sister-in-law may drive down from Jacksonville for dinner... but ..... if they don't come.....we'll come! :wizard:

::cool1: Hi Singing Mom - Looking forward to seeing you in person!!!

Hi Kari - Can't wait to meet you!!! :cool1: The kids will have fun too! :banana:

twob4him
05-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi All - I made some cute little Dis calling cards to give you when we meet! ;) I hope my little ones are cooperative after dinner! :confused3 :rotfl2:

Disneyolic
05-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi All - I made some cute little Dis calling cards to give you when we meet! ;) I hope my little ones are cooperative after dinner! :confused3 :rotfl2: There will be plenty of other little ones to occupy them....:thumbsup2

jennz
05-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Bad news - I can't make it. DD's friend who will be in FL w/us is getting a 10 day ticket, our first day in the park will be Saturday June 9th...since the tickets are good for 14 days I thought we'd be okay but I didn't realize day 1 was the first day of use. :headache: I was just going out 14 days to Saturday June 23rd. :sad2:

Have fun!!

Disneyolic
05-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Bad news - I can't make it. DD's friend who will be in FL w/us is getting a 10 day ticket, our first day in the park will be Saturday June 9th...since the tickets are good for 14 days I thought we'd be okay but I didn't realize day 1 was the first day of use. :headache: I was just going out 14 days to Saturday June 23rd. :sad2:

Have fun!!That's too bad...only 1 day short. But, have a wonderful time on your Disney trip!!!!

kate2961
06-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Sounds like fun! We will be in EPCOT that night. We would love to meet with everyone but I have to re-arrange our ADR's first. We were booked at Chefs de France for 7. Let me see what I can do.

- Kate

Family = Me + DH + DS (6)

Disneyolic
06-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Sounds like fun! We will be in EPCOT that night. We would love to meet with everyone but I have to re-arrange our ADR's first. We were booked at Chefs de France for 7. Let me see what I can do.

- Kate

Family = Me + DH + DS (6)That would be great! The more the merriment! :goodvibes

gofenmom
06-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Count us in.

Disneyolic
06-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Count us in.That's great! I will have to decide in the next day or so exactly where we will meet in Norway...

karibritt01
06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Uh...DM... it's not that big! ;) What about right in front of Norway beside the lake? Post a good sized pic of yourself so everyone will know who to look for. I'll be the chunky one with long hair sipping a frozen drink! :drinking1

Disneyolic
06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Uh...DM... it's not that big! ;) What about right in front of Norway beside the lake? Post a good sized pic of yourself so everyone will know who to look for. I'll be the chunky one with long hair sipping a frozen drink! :drinking1
I know it's not that big but that's all relative when people are trying to find complete strangers! Beside the lake sounds like a good place. Now, is there a clear spot by the lake? I know Mexico doesn't have one so I'm just making sure.

I think I will be sipping on the frozen margaritas from Mexico if I don't meet up with Kari first. Kari - that vodka lemonade in France. Is that the place where you can get the orange one too? That sounds even better to me!

Disneyolic
06-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Here's a picture of me and my daughter...
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q298/disneyolic/P1000472.jpg

Now Kari, why don't you post the pic of your family in MGM - only bigger in size than in your siggie! Anyone else want to post pictures, please do so!

karibritt01
06-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I checked my park map from last year, and it looks like the water front is empty. Yes... France has the orange drinks, too. I'm thinking the lemonade for the walk... and the orange for the meet! :rotfl: Just kidding... I would be crawling out of the park! I hardly drink because I am trying to hard to lose weight. Then after a day in the parks, with the heat and dehydration... 2 big drinks and you would have to scrape me off the sidewalk! Of course... if they are small, or mostly juice...

I'll add that pic in a few minutes. Have to snap a new one and upload...

karibritt01
06-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Haven't had time to mess with that photo, so I will post this one instead. It has more butt roll and less cleavage to distract... but all the pics can't be perfect! :rotfl:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t94/karibritt01/AnimalKingdomfamilypicture.jpg

madcoco
06-09-2007, 01:21 PM
We may be there if we can escape MGM and the relatives for a bit.;) Relatives are staying with us for StarWars Weekend.

You are not the first to pass this way nor shall you be the last!

Disneyolic
06-09-2007, 02:01 PM
We may be there if we can escape MGM and the relatives for a bit.;) Relatives are staying with us for StarWars Weekend.

You are not the first to pass this way nor shall you be the last!

Escaping the relatives can be good for your health! Especially when you get to meet fellow DISers!

I always love hearing that saying when we go on Maelstrom!!!

madcoco
06-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Escaping the relatives can be good for your health!LOL Definitely. Some can be some pretty mean spirited Trolls you know.;)

SingingMom
06-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Escaping the relatives can be good for your health! Especially when you get to meet fellow DISers!

I always love hearing that saying when we go on Maelstrom!!!

I'm still trying to "escape the relatives"... I REALLY want to come and drink frozen drinks with you.. :lmao: I guess it wouldn't be nice for me to tell my brother & sister -in-law, who are driving 4 hours just to see us for the evening, that I have to go meet my friends.. see you in a few years the next time we come... :rolleyes1

karibritt01
06-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Renee... you need 6:00 ADRs for France... then you will casually run into me getting my vodka drink!

Disneyolic
06-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm still trying to "escape the relatives"... I REALLY want to come and drink frozen drinks with you.. :lmao: I guess it wouldn't be nice for me to tell my brother & sister -in-law, who are driving 4 hours just to see us for the evening, that I have to go meet my friends.. see you in a few years the next time we come... :rolleyes1Think of it this way...

1) Is this really the ONLY time they can drive down to visit you?

2) Did they realize that I had to fly with USAir in a sucky time schedule just so I could meet you? :lmao: Plus I am flying all the way from NY!

3) And Kari is driving all the way from NC just to meet you too!

twob4him
06-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Ya...and furthermore...I am coming all the way from NJ ;) :goodvibes

And besides my daughter and I ride horses too so we want to meet your DD who rides!!! hahahahaha

SingingMom
06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Ya...and furthermore...I am coming all the way from NJ ;) :goodvibes

And besides my daughter and I ride horses too so we want to meet your DD who rides!!! hahahahaha

umm... that reason won't fly, becuase WE ARE COMING FROM NJ, TOO! LOL
:rotfl:

I have to print out schedules later this week and figure out what the heck we are doing. There's GOT to be a way to meet up!

(DD won her first ribbon this weekend - I posted a photo on DM "other thread"! lol)
Renee

SingingMom
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Renee... you need 6:00 ADRs for France... then you will casually run into me getting my vodka drink!

We are eating in France on Monday...

I have to look into this "vodka drink" thing... lol ;) although, I do love my champagne. (speaking of which - at Dana's graduation dinner, I felt the mother of the graduate deserved a glass of champagne... and ended having two as the evening progressed... I was a little shocked when I saw how much those 2 glasses of champagne cost!! :rolleyes: It DID taste good, though!)

twob4him
06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
umm... that reason won't fly, becuase WE ARE COMING FROM NJ, TOO! LOL
:rotfl:

I have to print out schedules later this week and figure out what the heck we are doing. There's GOT to be a way to meet up!

(DD won her first ribbon this weekend - I posted a photo on DM "other thread"! lol)
Renee

Oh yaaaaa duh :rotfl: Well then try....we NJians must stick together :grouphug: I did see your DD pic..she is so cute and looked so happy with her horsey and herself. Did I post or did I not? Well I will have to go check it out....:rolleyes:

Disneyolic
06-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Okay everybody...I have updated the first page for the finalized plans. Please have a look. I have also posted names of people I know will for sure attend.

If you are positively planning on making the meet, please post here and let me know. Also, please state who will be joining you!

Here's the list so far and I will update it for anyone telling me so...

Attending For Sure:
Disneyolic....DawnMaree & DH, DS 7, DS 6, DD 2+)
twob4him....Cathy
Ragnrok......Tony & DW
karibritt1.....Kari & DH, DS 9, DD 4

karibritt01
06-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Well... now its my turn to scream! :scared1: My sis-in-law emailed tonight, and they may be joining us for the last 2 days of our trip. Don't get me wrong... I love my SIL and nieces... I just hate having to work around everyone else's schedule. I let her know we had the luau scheduled for Fri night, and the DISmeet for Sat night, but that she was welcome to join us. So we shall see... Nothing like a little drama to spice up your final 3 days before your biggest vacation of the year!

kate2961
06-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I got my ressies changed and we would love to joing everyone. Thank you so much for setting up this meet. :banana:

We are me + DH + DS (6.5). See you soon. :cool1:

- Kate

Disneyolic
06-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Well... now its my turn to scream! :scared1: My sis-in-law emailed tonight, and they may be joining us for the last 2 days of our trip. Don't get me wrong... I love my SIL and nieces... I just hate having to work around everyone else's schedule. I let her know we had the luau scheduled for Fri night, and the DISmeet for Sat night, but that she was welcome to join us. So we shall see... Nothing like a little drama to spice up your final 3 days before your biggest vacation of the year!What's up with these relatives???? Glad mine aren't with us this year. We'll still have fun meeting up though!

I got my ressies changed and we would love to joing everyone. Thank you so much for setting up this meet. :banana:

- KateLook forward to meeting you! I'll add your name on the first post!

twob4him
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM

- Kate

Hi Kate...glad you and your family are joining us! :cool1: :thumbsup2

twob4him
06-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I give you all a lot of credit who travel with relatives and people of all ages. I dont have the patience. I dont think I could deal with relatives on a Disney vacation....I am too commando at this point....join me at the beach house or something...but Disney is too expensive for me to be slowed down. I am terrible I know.....but I really give you all a hand for doing it! :thumbsup2

twob4him
06-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Dawn...in looking at the first page it looks like I am meeting you all sans family :sad2: .....we will all be there.....Myself, DH (Edmund), DD9, DD3 and DD2! :goodvibes

Conservative Hippie
06-18-2007, 09:28 PM
This is my first time to look at this board, but it just so happens that Sat. is DH's birthday and we are planning to spend the evening at Epcot. So maybe we will see you there! Just look for the tall geeky man and the short pregnant girl!

Disneyolic
06-19-2007, 07:57 AM
This is my first time to look at this board, but it just so happens that Sat. is DH's birthday and we are planning to spend the evening at Epcot. So maybe we will see you there! Just look for the tall geeky man and the short pregnant girl!
That would be great! I love your descriptions of the two of you! :laughing:

madcoco
06-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Greetings from Sunset Key. Out of town until next weekend. Won't be able to make it. The brightside is we escaped the relatives.:thumbsup2 Have a great time at Epcot!:)

Disneyolic
06-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Greetings from Sunset Key. Out of town until next weekend. Won't be able to make it. The brightside is we escaped the relatives.:thumbsup2 Have a great time at Epcot!:)Sorry that you can't make the meet! Thanks for your good wishes! :goodvibes