PDA

View Full Version : Best shops at WDW...

disney407
04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey!
I will have a limited budget to spend on souvenirs. What are your favorite shops at Disney World, and what are some of your favorite items that you would recommend buying?

Andrea_loves_Disney
04-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Hello there!!

There is a shop at Downtown Disney that has everything under $10! It is next to the Pooh Store - I can't remember the name of it! Not everything there is on sale, but they just have a lot of inexpensive items in one place there. As for inexpensive souveniers...my kids have been collecting stretched pennies for a number of years. The books to put them in are $6.50 and the pennies are .51 each! It is kind of fun to look for all the different pennies all over WDW! My other favorite stores are World of Disney and my kids love Once Upon a Toy at DTD... and the Emporium on Main Street at MK. They all carry basically the same stuff - and I never get tired of looking at Disney stuff! Other than that, there are just too many stores to mention....all the countries have their own unique items at Epcot.... MGM has the movie themed items....AK has all the safari/dinosaur/Asian/African items.... I do more "window shopping" than actual buying! Have a GREAT trip!!! :wave:

Perditamarie
04-13-2007, 07:34 AM
The Christmas Store at DTD is wonderful...the books of ornaments with various themes are great (ie: Mickey through the years, Snow White, Disney Parks, etc) and the various individual ornaments are very nice and some can be customized for you (names, dates). It is also fun to collect the antenna toppers...the seasonal ones are adorable and you can drive around w/a little bit of Disney at home all year long.

If you are going w/kids, definately go to the Lego store...the kids will love the building stations outside. And picking a bunch of potato parts is a lot of fun also at Once Upon a Toy. The Goofy Candy Co. is pretty fun too. Okay, I love them all!!!!

kdzbear
04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Ask the cast members at each store where the clearance items are and they will tell you. I was there with a friend late last August and one cast member even led me around the entire Downtown Disney store to show me all of the specials. From that point on I asked at each store I entered and the cast members were more than willing to show me the sales items. :goodvibes

alacazander
04-13-2007, 02:32 PM
What a great thread idea!

I'm going to subscribe to this one!

My favorite spot is that $10 and under store they always have specials like $10 t-shirts and we always buy a few of those surprise bags. I can't remember how they are $6.99 maybe? But they pack them with goodies and well worth the price!

Cruz Family
04-13-2007, 02:32 PM
We love making a Mr. Potato head at Once upon a toy (DD). It is about $16 and you get a box to fill. The trick is to get parts only and if you do not already have one you can purchase the Mr. Potato head body for like 5 or 6 bucks at Walmart. There are many parts WDW related here is a link.. http://www.mrpotatohead.net/2000/20007.htm.
Another favorite is good old Mickey ears! They are pretty cheap something like $8 and up, and you can get them personalized with the childs name for a couple of bucks more.
Happy Shopping!