PDA

View Full Version : Scoops ?

plutospup
01-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Can you get hot fudge, or other ice cream toppings at Scoops?

KelliR
01-02-2002, 08:46 AM
I think it is Hershey's syrup, not real hot fudge.

:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
01-02-2002, 10:03 AM
Oh Yeah! Scoops sounds like it is definately going to work for me and my family.

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
Memphis, TN

:earsgirl:

Tluvs2talk
01-02-2002, 12:46 PM
I realy enjoyed the soft serve ice cream at Scoops. I just wish they would extend the hours at night. I think they close at 8:00 so I always missed them when eating at 1st seating. I did manage 1 ice cream in 2 cruises.

mrsv98
01-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know if Scoops serves frozen yogurt for those of us poor unfortunates who can't eat ice cream? Most of the time, I just get to watch my DH and DD eat ice cream...poor me ;)

Thanks,
Rebecca

Rebecca, Paul and Gracie
WL and Wonder 1/02
leaving in 6 days!!!!!!!!

TheTXTaylors5
03-08-2007, 05:01 PM
There is only soft serve ice cream on deck 9. The chocolate sauce was in squirt bottles. So, it was more like Hershey's syrup than fudge. I brought M&M's for the kids to put in their ice cream. It worked out well. They do serve soft serve frozen yogurt on Castaway Cay. :cool1:

disney1990
03-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Do they have chocolate and vanilla?

thomprod
03-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Do they have chocolate and vanilla?

Yes!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/thomprod/DisneyWorldandCruise320.jpg

Stinasmom
03-08-2007, 10:07 PM
The former Scoops counter is just not what it use to be...
They cut back on the variety of fruit available, and definitely on the ice cream toppings. OK, the sandwiches now available as it is "Goofy's Kitchen" are a good alternative to Pinoccio's Pizza, but why couldn't they have kept the good stuff and just added the better stuff?
When prices just go up and up for a cruise, you'd expect the amenities to increase, not decrease. :confused3

plutospup
03-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Nice to see an old thread resurrected after 5 years!

Is the ice cream self serve, or do the CM's serve it?

Cobbo
03-09-2007, 08:22 AM
At least as of last month, it was open from 11:00am to 11:00pm (although one of the two machines was out of service on our cruise).

nzdisneymom
03-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Nice to see an old thread resurrected after 5 years!

Is the ice cream self serve, or do the CM's serve it?

When we sailed in Dec. 2005, there was often a CM there to serve (complete with gloves). But sometimes it was unattended and you could get your own. They had a bottle of hand-wipes there so you could wipe your hands before and / or after using the dispenser (or in my case, using one to use the dispenser).

I hadn't thought about getting some fresh fruit from Goofy's to go with the ice cream - great idea! We got just a plate of strawberries for DS one day and that's what he had for snack instead of ice cream.

TheTXTaylors5
03-09-2007, 09:44 AM
When we sailed in Dec. 2005, there was often a CM there to serve (complete with gloves). But sometimes it was unattended and you could get your own. They had a bottle of hand-wipes there so you could wipe your hands before and / or after using the dispenser (or in my case, using one to use the dispenser).

I hadn't thought about getting some fresh fruit from Goofy's to go with the ice cream - great idea! We got just a plate of strawberries for DS one day and that's what he had for snack instead of ice cream.
I never saw a CM there dispensing the ice cream on our November 2006 cruise. It was self serve.

pansmermaidzlagoon
03-09-2007, 11:41 AM

you can also use the soda to make floats!!! No root beer - but my DD discovered she likes Coke floats!!!!:)