PDA

View Full Version : Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

tink2007
04-12-2007, 11:59 AM
My children reminded me of this the other day while we were talking to family members about our last vacation at WDW in June of 2005. We went with my best friend's family and had one of the best vacations we've ever had. On our last day (8th day) we went to Epcot. It was very hot that day and the park was crowded. Around 3:00 we had done everything we wanted to do and the lines were very long and no more fast passes were being given out. Because we had dinner reservations at 5:00 we did not want to go back to our resort. We decided to ride the monorail. At least it would be air conditioned and we could get off our feet for awhile. After about an hour and taking a little nap we got off and headed back to the Epcot entance gate. I was walking in a very exausted trance directly behind my husband not paying much attention to where he was going. To my surprise and to the surprise of 3 other men, I had followed my husband right into the men's room and right up to the urinal. I was so shocked, I just started screaming. It took a few seconds to even realize where I was. My husband had to push me back out the door. My children had watched me walk into the bathroom and were on the ground laughing by the time I came back out. They will never let me live it down.

amy2girls
04-12-2007, 12:20 PM
omg to funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinkgurl
04-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Did you hide from the other guys in the bathroom in case they came out before your husband?! :laughing:

Christine
04-12-2007, 12:24 PM
That's funny!!! Wow, you must have been tired.

My embarrassing moment is not nearly as entertaining. When my son was younger, he would want to ride the rides but had terrible anxiety over them.

There was a very bad instance where he threw up in the line for Test Track. He threw up all over my sandals and I'm sure a few other people got wet! I was mortified.

I'm sure they all thought I was a terrible parent for bringing a sick child to the park, but really, he was just nervous.

BABYJOSIE98
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM
My most embarrasing moment was our first trip to WDW with our fiesty little
3 and half year old DD!
She just thought she was such a big girl in her Cinderella dress and she was determined to ride DUMBO ALONE!!!:eek: Well we all know that can not happen and when I tried to get in with her she started pointing and yelling "GET IN YOUR OWN DUMBO"...Then she tried to kick me and told me to get out of her DUMBO!!!! AH!!! Not my little peanut!!!:rolleyes1

DH caught it all on tape!!! While I was pretty embarrased and aggrevated with my little angel:angel: at the time...Now I look back and watch the video and it is hilarious!!!:lmao:

She finally realized I had to ride with her and we had a wonderful flight!!:goodvibes

Kids will do that too you sometimes....:confused3

tink2007
04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I really don't remember what I did when I came out of the bathroom. I felt like I dreamed it. It didn't seem to bother the other men. They didn't stop what ever they were doing.

Sarahboo
04-12-2007, 12:36 PM
My most embarassing moment happened at Typhoon Lagoon in 2005. Here's a copy from my blog about it:

I recently returned from a well deserved vacation. On my last day, we decided to go to a water park. I had never been to one before and I looked forward to the adreniline rush and refreshment of large pools of water.

Like most everything else in my life, I decided that I would just jump right in. I headed right to the big slide. They called it "Humunga Cowabunga" and I was certain I would soon know why.

As we headed toward the top, we passed the large crowd of people who waited at the bottom for their children or spouses. I assumed it was a sort of huddle of shame. The only reason to wait at the bottom was because you were too pansy to go down the slide. I'm fairly certain that it gave me a marginal ego boost to pass them as I headed for the stairs.

At the top of the slide, I took note of everything I should do. First, you sit in the slide, second you wait for the light to turn green and you cross your ankles while pulling yourself from the flat top down the slide which then promptly dropped about three stories, resulting in a 60mph plummet to the bottom.

The sliders before me screamed like they were taking a beating while they slid to the bottom.

As I started my slide, ankles crossed, I refused to scream. Instead I closed my eyes and thought "Dear God, what about this is supposed to be fun? It hurts like hell and at some point I'll have to come to a stop.. I forsee that being an excruciating experience."

Right about then my legs accidently uncrossed resulting in a record breaking wedgie. As I got to the bottom, I vowed to never do it again. I stood up and was so busy pulling my swimsuit out of my bum, I failed to notice that my top fell down.

The large crowd at the bottom didn't.

Xcited4Disney
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM
^^^I'm sorry but :rotfl2:

Luv4Disney
04-12-2007, 12:38 PM
My children reminded me of this the other day while we were talking to family members about our last vacation at WDW in June of 2005. We went with my best friend's family and had one of the best vacations we've ever had. On our last day (8th day) we went to Epcot. It was very hot that day and the park was crowded. Around 3:00 we had done everything we wanted to do and the lines were very long and no more fast passes were being given out. Because we had dinner reservations at 5:00 we did not want to go back to our resort. We decided to ride the monorail. At least it would be air conditioned and we could get off our feet for awhile. After about an hour and taking a little nap we got off and headed back to the Epcot entance gate. I was walking in a very exausted trance directly behind my husband not paying much attention to where he was going. To my surprise and to the surprise of 3 other men, I had followed my husband right into the men's room and right up to the urinal. I was so shocked, I just started screaming. It took a few seconds to even realize where I was. My husband had to push me back out the door. My children had watched me walk into the bathroom and were on the ground laughing by the time I came back out. They will never let me live it down.

:lmao: Well, I tried to grab some strangers hand thinking he was DF. Whoops! DF was laughing at me from behind. :rotfl:

mint julep
04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Okay...this is not on par with walking into the men's room or losing my top...but I was red in the face over it! ;)

We were leaving Epcot via the monorail and heading up the platform. My middle son was holding on to a stuffed Pluto he had gotten that day. As we approached the top of the landing he was holding it over the railing to the "bush area" that was unreachable down at the bottom. I figured we were in TROUBLE if he dropped his new "best friend" down so I told him to let me hold it. Of course, this makes him cry *big bad mommy takes away his toy*. So a CM who was sweeping the area asks him what is wrong and he tells him (he is 4 at the time) that his mom stole his " pavorite prend" (aka favorite friend). Well, I start to explain that I didn't want him to drop it by demonstrating holding it over the railing...and I bet you would never be able to guess what happened? HA HA..I dropped the stuffed Pluto down into the bush area.

Lucky for us the CM was able to get some sort of grabber arm thing and pull it out. When he pulled it out he handed it to DS and told him to keep it safe! Especially from his mom. HA HA HA. Ds didn't hold him out over the railings anymore. :rolleyes1 My family STILL makes fun of me for that and it was YEARS ago! ;)

BernardandMissBianca
04-12-2007, 01:04 PM
OMG I am laughing so hard I'm crying. I'm laughing with you, really!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Thanks I needed that!

luvgoing2disney
04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I've never gone on a behind the scenes tour, but I've always been curious as to what we don't see, just the same.

A few trips back, we had walked through the castle and off to the right was Bert and some penguins. While our son was in line for autographs and photographs, I noticed a door just opposite that would lead, I presumed, behind Snow White and Pooh. I opened the door and walking down a hallway was Mary Poppins, coming to join Bert. I don't know who was more surprised--she or I. I mumbled something like "I was just curious as to what was back here." and quickly closed the door. When she came out a second later, she looked at me with a smile on her face but not in her voice, and said, "Please do not EVER do that again."

To this day, we speak of the day that I was fussed at by Mary Poppins.

DisneyObsessive
04-12-2007, 01:20 PM
It was 2004, I had just graduated high school and went with my friend Jenise and her family. It was POURING in MGM. It just started out of nowhere. Everyone was standing on the sides of sunset boulevard, huddling in stores or under their canopies to wait it out. Jenise and I are walking straight down the middle yelling "Panchos are for wimps! Rain doesn't bite! come on people!" thinking we were so cool.

I look down, turn to Jenise and say "uh... I forgot I'm wearing white shorts." Yes. White shorts. Pink underwear. Miss "Im too cool" (thats me) was parading down sunset boulevard, letting everyone see her panties.

I was HORRIFIED. And at that point, there was nothing i could do about it. I didn't have a thing to cover myself up. See through shorts for the next like 2 hours until they dried up. ugh!

loveysbydesign
04-12-2007, 01:24 PM
This past May we took our 1st family trip to WDW. We went to AK on Mother's Day. It was hot and quite busy by the afternoon. We were gonna leave when I talked dh into letting ds and I go on EE one last time...actually I told him it was Mother's Day and I wanted to ride it one more time before we left for the day whether he liked it or not -LOL!! So we walk over go to the FP area so dh could sit in the shade with dd and my ds and I took off for the entrance! My ds ran off and therefore I followed as fast as I could run....and tripped on the bumpy ground and flew head first through the air and landed smack face down/belly down/knees down on the ground as if sliding into home plate! Before I knew what had happened there was like 3 CM's and othe guests there asking me if I was ok. Trying to regain my dignity I stood up and hobbled over to my ds who was standing there staring at me, looking mortified. I insisted I was ok and just wanted to get on EE before the line got longer. Boy did my one knee hurt the next coupole of days..other than that I was no worse for the waear. Upon exiting EE my dh told me he watched it all from the FP area and was laughing when he saw me "disappear" What a trip:rotfl:

dddisrunner
04-12-2007, 01:36 PM
OMG too funny all of these stories!:rotfl2: :lmao: Last August my family and I were in MGM at The muppetvision 3D , I think that is the one sponsored by Kodak? Anyway there is a 10-12 minute intro with music and all sorts of pictures and things shown on all the TV's while you're waiting. Well DS4 decides he can't handle the waiting anymore and screams "ENOUGH WITH THE"@#$%^*^" PICTURES ALREADY!!:scared1: The place needless to say erupted in laughter and those that weren't laughing were looking at me like I was the mother from you know where:headache: It was quite a moment!

Tinkerbell424
04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Haha,Well this happened when I was little but it is still funny to all of us.

When I was like 4 or 5 I went to the MK with my mom,grandma,brother and sister.My mom was using a wheelchair and it was evening time.You know how some part's near the Castle have like hills?Well my sister,13 at the time, was pushing my mom along and decided it would be funny to push her really hard and let go..My mom went downt he hill with my brother in her lap.She pushed my brother out so he wouldn't get hurt. She had to go to the Medical Clinic there.All I remember is british people and stickers.But she was alright:)

It's really funny because my sister is 23 now and she still isn't allowed to push my mom in a wheelchair lol.

Camicar
04-12-2007, 02:33 PM
On our very first trip to WDW in Spring 1972, my mother and one of the Seven Dwarves (Sneezy, I think) bumped into each other. Hard.

We were coming around the Castle from opposite directions. My mom was looking off to one side and Sneezy was apparently looking the other way. All of a sudden: BUMP! My mom and Sneezy literally bounce off each other, stumble back, right themselves and just stare at each other. My mother was bright red with embarrassment. My sister and I were in tears of laughter and I still refer to it as "The Day my mom nearly knocked over Sneezy."

experiment_627
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
My swimsuit came completely unzipped catching a wave at Typhoon Lagoon. I think I got it zipped up before anyone had a chance to notice (while I was still underwater), but I sure got a nose and mouthful in the process. :lmao:

mommyseven
04-12-2007, 03:15 PM
My moment happened at Blizzard Beach. It was a relatively warm day when it started to rain. The rain really made me chilled, so while DH and the kiddies continued to play I went off to find a dry chair and wrap up in a towel to get warm.

After a while a group of Brazillians came up to get ready to leave. I believe this group consisted of three families total. I was sitting on the edge of the area and they had the rest, about four lounge chairs.

I tried not to watch them but it was either look over that way or stare at a bush. Some of the time I just closed my eyes and rested and other times I glanced over.

They were changing the little ones' clothes. Having little ones run naked while getting dressed doesn't bother me. The moms sort of put their clothes on over their bikinis. However, the gentlemen were a different story. :eek:

The men got naked and then dressed. One guy was literally a foot from me and was completely naked taking his sweet time putting on his shirt, briefs, and pants. Of course I got an eye full when I opened my eyes and there was Mr. Brazil in all his glory just inches from me. I tried to act like it was no big deal and went back to closing my eyes. :rolleyes1

I mention where they are from simply because this may be how they do things over there. I didn't say anything because it was just me and they probably did what they would have done anway.

Even though he was the one naked next to me I was the one embarrassed. Needless to say, though I'll say it, men from Brazil are blessed. :lmao:

tglenn45
04-12-2007, 03:40 PM
not funny but yes embarassing - my son forgot how to swim but nobody knew it until he was sinking at the bottom of the slide at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. i was running from the stairs of the slide around to the bottom of the slide when a life guard jumped in and pulled him out. i felt horrible and wanted to hide.

peel
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Needless to say, though I'll say it, men from Brazil are blessed. :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Luv4Disney
04-12-2007, 04:24 PM
My moment happened at Blizzard Beach. It was a relatively warm day when it started to rain. The rain really made me chilled, so while DH and the kiddies continued to play I went off to find a dry chair and wrap up in a towel to get warm.

After a while a group of Brazillians came up to get ready to leave. I believe this group consisted of three families total. I was sitting on the edge of the area and they had the rest, about four lounge chairs.

I tried not to watch them but it was either look over that way or stare at a bush. Some of the time I just closed my eyes and rested and other times I glanced over.

They were changing the little ones' clothes. Having little ones run naked while getting dressed doesn't bother me. The moms sort of put their clothes on over their bikinis. However, the gentlemen were a different story. :eek:

The men got naked and then dressed. One guy was literally a foot from me and was completely naked taking his sweet time putting on his shirt, briefs, and pants. Of course I got an eye full when I opened my eyes and there was Mr. Brazil in all his glory just inches from me. I tried to act like it was no big deal and went back to closing my eyes. :rolleyes1

I mention where they are from simply because this may be how they do things over there. I didn't say anything because it was just me and they probably did what they would have done anway.

Even though he was the one naked next to me I was the one embarrassed. Needless to say, though I'll say it, men from Brazil are blessed. :lmao:

:lmao: I think I would die. :lmao:

cinder1
04-12-2007, 04:34 PM
When my youngest was 5 mths, I decided she and I would ride the train at MK all the way around so I could nurse her and she could rest. We sat in the back on a seat by ourselves. Well, she fell asleep, which was the goal, so when we arrived at the station where we left our stroller (Toon Town as I remember it) and were to meet DH and older kids, I was trying not to wake her. I noticed the conductor giving some women a helping hand as they stepped down and was looking forward to the help myself. But he stopped before he got to me, looked at me and turned around and went back to the front of the train. So I stepped down alone thinking, geez, if anyone looked like they needed a hand, it was me. Well, DH and the other kids weren't there yet so I went to sit on a nearby bench to wait. It was then that I realized my shirt was still hiked up and my nursing bra still undone and I was as exposed as I could be.:eek: When DH got there a couple of minutes later, I had fixed the situation but was so embarassed. He thought the whole story was hilarious!!

micknpluto
04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
wow,, these are totally making me LOL!!!
you guys are crazy.:lmao:

Ana~n~Joseph
04-12-2007, 04:50 PM
:rotfl2: These stories are hilarious :rotfl2:

rsquare
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
DW and I went to WDW last year with some friends and their DD6. To give our friends a romantic evening out, we took DD6 to the parks. We went to the Little Mermaid show at MGM and we started playing with the CM in the waiting area. He was juggling and tossed the balls to me and I started juggling. "Your daddy juggles pretty good, doesn't he?" said the CM to DD6. Whereupon she says "HE'S NOT MY DADDY! AND SHE'S NOT MY MOMMY!" for the benefit of the CM and 20-30 other guests and thier kids. I really don't think anyone really believed us when we tried to explain the situation. I was trying desprately to think of how to get in touch with the real parents if security did show up.

Joanna71985
04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I've never gone on a behind the scenes tour, but I've always been curious as to what we don't see, just the same.

A few trips back, we had walked through the castle and off to the right was Bert and some penguins. While our son was in line for autographs and photographs, I noticed a door just opposite that would lead, I presumed, behind Snow White and Pooh. I opened the door and walking down a hallway was Mary Poppins, coming to join Bert. I don't know who was more surprised--she or I. I mumbled something like "I was just curious as to what was back here." and quickly closed the door. When she came out a second later, she looked at me with a smile on her face but not in her voice, and said, "Please do not EVER do that again."

To this day, we speak of the day that I was fussed at by Mary Poppins.

Just curious, but why did you go backstage (or open the door to backstage)?

disneypartyof4
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
We went to blizzard beach last year and me and DH went on the summit plummit the TALL water slide. Well I had the camera with me hooked to my bathing suit strap, DH wanted to take pictues from the top so I give him the camera, before he goes down he just put it his pocket of his suit. I watch him go down, Oh crap then it is my turn I go down and at the bottom there is DH getting his suit picked out of his butt! He turns around and I look down and there is the camera sticking straight out in his pocket, I busted out laughing and asked if he was happy to see me. It was soooooo funny I could see the other people and CM laughing. He turned beet red!:rotfl:

Cass
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Most embarrassing, well, a few days before our 2 week trip to the world a note came home from school that there was a confirmed case of lice in the class and to check your kid thoroughly.

I went through DD's hair, everything was fine, I picked up some lice treatment to pack just in case. Well you can guess what happened, a week or so later we are in the pool at BC and her wet hair is plastered to her head from swimming and in the sunlight I see a 'movement' :scared1:

Oh. Mah. Gawd. :scared:

I look closer and I see 'things' and I am totally freaked out, most because I am sharing a room with her!!!! I've never dealt with lice before and was freaked to see it on my child.

I drag her up to the room, and get out the treatment, it said to use a half bottle - I used the whole thing! had her sitting with it under the shower cap on the balcony for 45 minutes. Meanwhile the embarassing part, calling Housekeeping and telling them I need all new bedding, pillows, blankets etc... for both beds, just in case and explaining what happened - I felt like such a loser Mom and the housekeeper didn't look too impressed with me either!!

New hair brushes, I threw out all her scrunchies, bagged her worn clothes and threw it all out. Bought new tee shirts etc...

My sincere apologies to whomever slept in DD's bed next :eek:

disneyaggie
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Just when I thought I was ready to adopt a child . . . well, let's just say that after I have read some of these doozies, I think I will just adopt another dog instead. :laughing:

klmall
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
DH and I were on our first trip without DS and even though it was Spring Break we were having a great time and enjoying ourselves. Since I am usually the family photographer I asked DH to carry the camera bag this trip and take pictures of me during the days, especially at Epcot which is DH's favorite park.

Near Ellen's Univ of Energy I sat down to rest; DH took my picture and started to walk away, talking the whole time. BUT when I got up I realized I had a tail.........a long gooooooeeeey tail of gum. It stretched at least 6 inches and DH had my camera bag with the wipes etc.!!!! And the whole time I'm admiring this mess, DH is still walking and out of range with the only cell phone.

So there I went walking down past Test Track, past heaven knows how many people who no doubt wondered why I was wearing an ugly, goooey tail of gum on my shorts!

I did eventually catch up with DH who had no idea that I had any problem! And I ended up buying a new pair of shorts at Mouse Gears. And no, there is no record of this lovely event!

MARY-IN-OH
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
In December, my family was in line at Great Movie ride. We were outside the big entrance room, where they films are shown. There was a couple with a toddler. The mom was holding the toddler who had his head on his moms shoulder (so he was facing us and they weren't).

I pulled out my mega-pack of tic tacs, and offered them to the kids. This toddler whacked the tic tacs outta my hand! Dozens of tic tacs went flying everywhere! :lmao: The mother turned around, looked at me and the mess she thought I made! We were so shocked this kid did this we didn't know what to say! I had a feeling she wouldn't have believed me if I told her that her son whacked them out of my hands - And the kid had no reaction to what he did either, kind of like it was just something to do..:confused3

Timon_n_Pumba
04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
:lmao: Well, I tried to grab some strangers hand thinking he was DF. Whoops! DF was laughing at me from behind. :rotfl:

Hopefully NOT in the men's room?!

Scott in MO

IluvDonald!
04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
After a long, long day in AK, we headed to Epcot for the fireworks before heading back to POP. Needless to say, everybody on the bus was tired - so it was VERY quiet......

I asked our dd4 what her favorite part of the day was, and she loudly proclaimed "Mommy, I really liked the animal that was pooooooooooooping!"

OMG - I was so embarrassed!

Amyg
04-12-2007, 07:49 PM

That's so funny! Reminds me of when my DH went into ladies room at Knotts Berry Farm; I decided to go to restroom a bit later as well and found him washing his hands inside. I asked him why he was in the ladies room and he said "This is the MEN'S room" and I told him to look at the sign on the door. We had a good laugh for the next half hour. :rotfl2:

Anyways...while in one of the shops in Disney, I was looking at some Tinkerbell salt/pepper shakers and didn't realize that the stool she sat on was NOT attached to Tink. As I picked up the stool, Tinkerbell wobbled and as she started to fall I tried to catch her. The bag I had on my arm hit the table and two others fell as well! As the three Tinkerbells fell to the floor, my then 5 year old exclaimed "My mommy did that!" Guess he wanted to make sure everyone knew that HE was not the one to blame. Boy was I red faced! :goodvibes

Ana~n~Joseph
04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Ok ok I admit i have an embarrasing moment as well.

I must have been 12 or 13 and we were at ASMu browsing through the little gift shop. Back then those little backpacks were "IT" so I had one on. As I looked around and picked stuff I wanted to buy something else caught my attention and I turned around ... no problem execpt my backpack knocked down a souvenier plate which landed on the floor in million of tiny little pieces. I cried! I still have nightmares about that.

Many years later, at age 23, I was at Animal Kingdom getting our photopass CD. I was admiring the frames and joking around with a CM --- yep, you guessed it...as I was putting the frame down it fell. The CM actually went and got the manager and pointed to me and said "She did it!".....UGH! I was sooo embarrased I ended up buying a frame.

Amyg
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
My most embarassing moment happened at Typhoon Lagoon in 2005. Here's a copy from my blog about it:

I recently returned from a well deserved vacation. On my last day, we decided to go to a water park. I had never been to one before and I looked forward to the adreniline rush and refreshment of large pools of water.

Like most everything else in my life, I decided that I would just jump right in. I headed right to the big slide. They called it "Humunga Cowabunga" and I was certain I would soon know why.

As we headed toward the top, we passed the large crowd of people who waited at the bottom for their children or spouses. I assumed it was a sort of huddle of shame. The only reason to wait at the bottom was because you were too pansyassed to go down the slide. I'm fairly certain that it gave me a marginal ego boost to pass them as I headed for the stairs.

At the top of the slide, I took note of everything I should do. First, you sit in the slide, second you wait for the light to turn green and you cross your ankles while pulling yourself from the flat top down the slide which then promptly dropped about three stories, resulting in a 60mph plummet to the bottom.

The sliders before me screamed like they were taking a beating while they slid to the bottom.

As I started my slide, ankles crossed, I refused to scream. Instead I closed my eyes and thought "Dear God, what about this is supposed to be fun? It hurts like hell and at some point I'll have to come to a stop.. I forsee that being an excruciating experience."

Right about then my legs accidently uncrossed resulting in a record breaking wedgie. As I got to the bottom, I vowed to never do it again. I stood up and was so busy pulling my swimsuit out of my bum, I failed to notice that my top fell down.

The large crowd at the bottom didn't.

This is hilarious! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

But I'd be MORTIFIED!!

DebIreland
04-12-2007, 08:42 PM

OMG! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Bwahahahaha!!! That last line pushed me right over the edge. Too funny!! :lmao: :rotfl:

DanceDanceGirl
04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
subsricibing. My mom is threatening to take me to the emergency room because I can not breathe from laughing so hard!

marc1477
04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
subsricibing. My mom is threatening to take me to the emergency room because I can not breathe from laughing so hard!

This is too good!

Bwahahaha

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

CdnDisneyFan
04-12-2007, 11:10 PM
These are too funny, I'm subscribing as well!

Jules

Samar
04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I was at Epcot in 2001 with my step-mom, dad and sibs and there was this masked character guy (not Disney) in front of this statue. The guy had a flower and took pics with all of us (my step-mom, step-sis, sis and me) and we walked over to one of the shops. I backed a step up and stepped on someone. I turn to look back and there's the masked guy all up in my face holding out the rose to me :scared1: and I screamed! Then I got all flustered as he gave me the rose, kissed my hand and walked away. Gee, I hope I was able to mumble a sorry and thanks :headache:

emerymt
04-13-2007, 12:02 AM
After a long, long day in AK, we headed to Epcot for the fireworks before heading back to POP. Needless to say, everybody on the bus was tired - so it was VERY quiet......

I asked our dd4 what her favorite part of the day was, and she loudly proclaimed "Mommy, I really liked the animal that was pooooooooooooping!"

OMG - I was so embarrassed!

Classic! Although, it's only cute when it's someone else's kid....:goodvibes

When my nephew was about five, we had all just left Star Tours and he announced he COULD NOT HOLD IT ANYMORE. While my DSis & I were scanning maps for the nearest restroom, he took matters into his own hands (literally) and peed right into the bushes along the path that leads down from Tattooine Traders. I thought I would die laughing. My sister was mortified.

My daughter said, "Well, I guess he's not such a city kid after all." :lmao:

emerymt
04-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Ok ok I admit i have an embarrasing moment as well.

I must have been 12 or 13 and we were at ASMu browsing through the little gift shop. Back then those little backpacks were "IT" so I had one on. As I looked around and picked stuff I wanted to buy something else caught my attention and I turned around ... no problem execpt my backpack knocked down a souvenier plate which landed on the floor in million of tiny little pieces. I cried! I still have nightmares about that.

Many years later, at age 23, I was at Animal Kingdom getting our photopass CD. I was admiring the frames and joking around with a CM --- yep, you guessed it...as I was putting the frame down it fell. The CM actually went and got the manager and pointed to me and said "She did it!".....UGH! I was sooo embarrased I ended up buying a frame.

How's that old saying go? .....I know! "A bull in a china shop!" :goodvibes

QuirkyButterfly
04-13-2007, 03:13 AM
:rotfl2: :rotfl: These are great. I hope that when I go to WDW I see some of those Brazillian men :)

sunlver
04-13-2007, 06:54 AM
These are very funny....:thumbsup2

Chuck65
04-13-2007, 07:44 AM
We went to blizzard beach last year and me and DH went on the summit plummit the TALL water slide. Well I had the camera with me hooked to my bathing suit strap, DH wanted to take pictues from the top so I give him the camera, before he goes down he just put it his pocket of his suit. I watch him go down, Oh crap then it is my turn I go down and at the bottom there is DH getting his suit picked out of his butt! He turns around and I look down and there is the camera sticking straight out in his pocket, I busted out laughing and asked if he was happy to see me. It was soooooo funny I could see the other people and CM laughing. He turned beet red!:rotfl:

I'll be right back........I need to clean my screen after blowing coffee all over it! That is absolutely hilarious:lmao: :lmao:

TheatreLady
04-13-2007, 08:02 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You're all killing me!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cherokeemamma
04-13-2007, 08:21 AM
I am subscribing...I :love: these stories

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing

Boncho
04-13-2007, 08:32 AM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I can't read any more until I wipe the tears out of my eyes!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

SpaceMounatin
04-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Before you guys read, I'm 16 (will be 17 next month) so this will be kind of funny.

In Febuary 2001 (on my second trip to the World, I was 10), I had my heart set on going on The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. But my aunt went on it a few years earlier, and was terrifyed, and she's the only person i could go on with. My little sister was 5 (she would of loved it when she was 8),a nd my mom was in a wheel chair because she broke her ankle the month before.

Well, my friends in school and everyone kept going on about it, so I was very nervous. I remember standing in the line and shaking all around. I mean, I was really shaking, and people kept asking me if I was okay. I calmed down in the 1st pre-show, and by the 2nd I was okay (poor Skippey), and I was intimidated by SIR. I was so nervous, I think I may of been pale. Well, as we are heading into the X-s Teleportation Chamber, CM's come and tell us the ride was broken, and we had to leave!

I was so embaressed because I had worked my self up to this and I must of looked like a damn fool. I do regret not going on it earlier, because I never got to experience the full Encounter.

In January 2006, I stayed with my Uncle (Cheshire Figment), at his house and we went on over to HISTA (god I HATE that pre-show), but we got in our seats, and we were all good. I thought it was really cool by the time it started, but then the mice! Oh god those mice! I screamed really loud, that the people around be actually stared at me like I was crazy. My uncle laughed at me, and I will never live it down.

-Dainan "I'll post more later" Rafferty

BeautyNBeast
04-13-2007, 09:00 AM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: These are funny. Please keep them coming.

DebIreland
04-13-2007, 09:43 AM
On our first trip in 2005, we were in Hollywood & Vine and I was 'helping' my DS to get ice-cream from the machine. It was pouring into his dessert bowl and then it wouldn't stop and I started panicking. The ice cream kept coming, I thought it would stop after 'x' amount of time (like it was programmed or something :rolleyes:). I started totally panicking and was bright red in the face and I kept reaching for new bowls and cups (basically whatever I could get my hands on) to hold all the flowing ice cream. The woman next to me started laughing hysterically and I swear she nearly wet her pants. She put the lever in the correct 'off' position and said 'there now hon are you ok?". God I felt like a total moron (that's because I was! :teeth: ) and she was soooo nice, she said "hey, don't worry, those ice cream machines probably work differently where you're from" and I had to be honest and say "no, actually they're identical, I have no idea why I thought it would stop by itself".

My DS was MORTIFIED because, of course, lots of little 4 and 5 year olds in the queue were more than capable of operating the ice cream machine successfully all by themselves and his mother made a total mess of it. I do not know what I was thinking.

On our last trip, it was late in the day in Animal Kingdom and we decided to have another (our third) go on Kali River Rapids. I got soaked. Absolutely drenched head to toe. But that same day we had checked out of BW and were checking into ASMovies for the weekend. So we got on the bus and went into the lobby of ASMovies and I had no choice but to wait in the check in line with water pouring off me. My pants was clung to my backside. It's funny how you're in a theme park, getting into the spirit of it - fun and games - and then suddenly you're standing in a hotel lobby, waiting to check in, looking like a total nut with squelchy shoes and a wet bum.

Two from DH.... in '05 he took our two boys to Typhoon Lagoon and totally 100% lost his swimming shorts in the wave pool. The boys were mortified and temporarily disowned him. :lmao: A CM came to his rescue with some towels. It's hard to embarrass DH but that just about did it. Funny thing is I read a post on these boards a few months later from a woman saying that she was in Typhoon Lagoon one day and there was a pervert there flashing his worldly goods (:laughing: ) and I did wonder if it was DH and she had misinterpreted his, er, situation. :lmao:

Oh one more..... last October, after a long, rainy day in Magic Kingdom we decided to go to the Small World attraction. We were on our way in there when DH slipped and fell straight splat out on his face and hands. :lmao: The most innocent attraction in Disney World but DH comes away traumatised and hurt. :rolleyes:

Erin1700
04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
We were on Pooh and were just coming around to where you get off, the family before us was taking their good old time gathering their belongings and taking their small children by the hand, when my DD then 3 yells.."Hurry up people I gotta go a stink!"

AmyM
04-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Two from DH.... in '05 he took our two boys to Typhoon Lagoon and totally 100% lost his swimming shorts in the wave pool. The boys were mortified and temporarily disowned him. :lmao: A CM came to his rescue with some towels. It's hard to embarrass DH but that just about did it. Funny thing is I read a post on these boards a few months later from a woman saying that she was in Typhoon Lagoon one day and there was a pervert there flashing his worldly goods (:laughing: ) and I did wonder if it was DH and she had mininterpreted his, er, situation. :lmao:

OMG....I don't think I have EVER laughed so hard:rotfl:

CarolinesMom
04-13-2007, 10:36 AM
When we went to Disney in 2001, my DD was 6 months old. We were standing at the bus stop and I was holding her. We were there maybe 20 minutes or so and I happened to look down and she had pulled my shirt over and my wholw left breast was exposed (thank God covered by a bra, but exposed none the less). I could have died!!!!

DanceDanceGirl
04-13-2007, 10:58 AM
:lmao: My mom is STILL threatining to take me to the emergency room If I don't stop laughing.:lmao: Which only makes me laugh harder

marc1477
04-13-2007, 11:48 AM
My sides hurt so bad from laughing so hard.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

nee
04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
bump

Vivianne
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
On our first trip in 2005, we were in Hollywood & Vine and I was 'helping' my DS to get ice-cream from the machine. It was pouring into his dessert bowl and then it wouldn't stop and I started panicking. The ice cream kept coming, I thought it would stop after 'x' amount of time (like it was programmed or something :rolleyes:). I started totally panicking and was bright red in the face and I kept reaching for new bowls and cups (basically whatever I could get my hands on) to hold all the flowing ice cream. The woman next to me started laughing hysterically and I swear she nearly wet her pants. She put the lever in the correct 'off' position and said 'there now hon are you ok?". God I felt like a total moron (that's because I was! :teeth: ) and she was soooo nice, she said "hey, don't worry, those ice cream machines probably work differently where you're from" and I had to be honest and say "no, actually they're identical, I have no idea why I thought it would stop by itself".

My DS was MORTIFIED because, of course, lots of little 4 and 5 year olds in the queue were more than capable of operating the ice cream machine successfully all by themselves and his mother made a total mess of it. I do not know what I was thinking.

On our last trip, it was late in the day in Animal Kingdom and we decided to have another (our third) go on Kali River Rapids. I got soaked. Absolutely drenched head to toe. But that same day we had checked out of BW and were checking into ASMovies for the weekend. So we got on the bus and went into the lobby of ASMovies and I had no choice but to wait in the check in line with water pouring off me. My pants was clung to my backside. It's funny how you're in a theme park, getting into the spirit of it - fun and games - and then suddenly you're standing in a hotel lobby, waiting to check in, look like a total nut with squelchy shoes and a wet bum.

Two from DH.... in '05 he took our two boys to Typhoon Lagoon and totally 100% lost his swimming shorts in the wave pool. The boys were mortified and temporarily disowned him. :lmao: A CM came to his rescue with some towels. It's hard to embarrass DH but that just about did it. Funny thing is I read a post on these boards a few months later from a woman saying that she was in Typhoon Lagoon one day and there was a pervert there flashing his worldly goods (:laughing: ) and I did wonder if it was DH and she had mininterpreted his, er, situation. :lmao:

Oh one more..... last October, after a long, rainy day in Magic Kingdom we decided to go to the Small World attraction. We were on our way in there when DH slipped and fell straight splat out on his face and hands. :lmao: The most innocent attraction in Disney World but DH comes away traumatised and hurt. :rolleyes:

:laughing: Tell DS you're a naturally funny family.

Although, you DH is not the only one to kiss the pavement. It was almost 1 a.m. at POFQ parking lot and DH was still fidding with his computer in the car. :confused: I got impatient and decided to go to the room by myself. I was walking in the parking lot and in my stupor stumbled over a concrete bump-out that's in the front of each spot. Stumbling I was falling forward and tried to break my fall. I smacked the pavement with my forehead. Lying there spread face down, I was more embarrassed than concerned over any injury. I limped back to my room. I had a big bump on my forehead, scraped hands and knees. The next day I had a black and blue lump fortunately I wear bangs. :blush:

cybertheo
04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I always feel a little embarrassed (being a 40 year old man) tearing up during certain attractions. I just get over whelmed sometimes.
I always lose it on
1) Philharmagic, Itís so adorable (glad for the 3-d glasses).
2) Illuminations
3) Wishes
4) Fantasmic
5) Its a Small World
6) When Mickey Opens the Park
7) Aladdin (at DisneyLand)
8) Festival of the Lion King (thatís the worst)

I make it sound like I walk trough the park crying. I just get a little teared up Ė on most things. Iíve learned to keep my sunglasses on.
:cool2:

wdw1014
04-13-2007, 01:09 PM
All of these stories reminded me of the time we were at Epcot with my nephew age 9. There were 5 of us traveling together and we needed a bathroom break. We stopped at the bathroom right as you walk into the World Showcase before Canada. My nephew decided that he was going to use the family bathroom while his dad and I waited outside. All of a sudden we hear him yell from inside the restroom, "Hey, dad, they charge 50 cents for napkins at Epcot." My brother and I looked at each other a little confused at first and then realized just what type of napkins he was talking about. I'm not sure if I have ever laughed so hard in my life. It quickly became one of our favorite family jokes.:rotfl2:

Philagoofy
04-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I always feel a little embarrassed (being a 40 year old man) tearing up during certain attractions. I just get over whelmed sometimes.
I always lose it on
1) Philharmagic, Itís so adorable (glad for the 3-d glasses).
2) Illuminations
3) Wishes
4) Fantasmic
5) Its a Small World
6) When Mickey Opens the Park
7) Aladdin (at DisneyLand)
8) Festival of the Lion King (thatís the worst)

I make it sound like I walk trough the park crying. I just get a little teared up Ė on most things. Iíve learned to keep my sunglasses on.
:cool2:

Aww, that's sweet.

Polyfor30th
04-13-2007, 01:32 PM
It was during an all day extravaganza 6am-3am-May 2006. One of those days where we went full on commando-early entry (I cannot remember which park) and emh at MK till 3AM!!!

It was about 2:30 am-ish; Dh and I were almost in a vegetative state. Coming around the corner somewhere in fantasyland I spotted a potty station "hold on a moment, hon, I gotta go." I said to Dh while using the last bit of strength I had to turn the corner into the restroom.

The first stall is where I landed, did my deed and flushed.
"AHHHHHH"
(?)
Of course I spoke to the commode, out loud, "Did you just sigh?"
I flushed again, no sigh. Just for kicks, I flushed again...
"AHHHHH"
OH--I HAVE to get a sound recording on my phone for Dh--if not he'll just think I'm hallucinating from exhaustion.

I must have flushed that toilet for 15 minutes...maybe more :rotfl: finally I got a proper recording. This whole time I think it's just moi in there until I hear a rustling down a-ways. I slowly open the stall door to see a lady smiling back at me holding a broom and dustpan.

OH..:bitelip: "Hi, just, erm, recording the toilet, for verification...it sighs sometimes ya know." She just smiled at me as I was washing my hands and then I ran out of there real quick, zooming right by Dh and kept on going. I heard him yelling to "wait up" and "what happened," but I could feel my face burning and just wanted to gain some distance.

Amazing how adrenaline just kicks in like that :hyper: I explained it all to a laughing Dh and we chuckled all the way to the front of the park.
Well, at least I have the phone recording...perhaps I will make it my ringtone someday. :laughing:

peel
04-13-2007, 01:41 PM

rabx5
04-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Okay, I'm at work and I keep laughing out loud- literally and I am going to get in trouble. Shame on you for cracking me up :thumbsup2

Keep these coming-they are making an extremely long day shorter :goodvibes

bopper
04-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Not so bad as the others....

It was a dark and stormy night.
Okay, it was getting darker and it was definitely raining. We were checking in at POR and were walking across the bridge from the Main area to our room.
On that bridge? A pole with a horse head on top maybe 4 feet high at the end of the bridge, presumably to keep cars and such from using said bridge. And evidentely to keep people who aren't paying attention from crossing as I walked smack into it while dragging my luggage across. I ended up with a bruise on my chest and to this day my kids think it hilarious if I get anywhere near poles and such that might be in the walkway. It was dark and raining I tell you!

radev104
04-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Subscribing...these are so funny!

grahamsgirl
04-13-2007, 02:47 PM
:confused: Ok, my most embarassing moment at WDW has to be on our 2003 trip:blush: , my youngest daughter was 3 princess: and had just mastered potty training and was wearing 'big girl pants'.:cheer2: :At this time I must say she was very independent and insisted on going to the bathroom by herself.:thumbsup2

Well we got up especially early in the morning as we had a ADR booked, as usual we were running a little late and as I was scrambling to get everything we needed for the parks that day DD3princess: , had said to DH :cool2: she wanted to go to the bathroom, well he didn't hear her and she went on her own, it was only when we heard the flush we realised this. DH:cool2: went into the bathroom to make sure she washed her hands and then the 2 of them emerged. Well we made a big fuss of her saying what a 'big girl' she was going on her own !!:cheer2:

Soon after we headed for the bus stop, the bus that morning was pretty packed :crowded: as we were staying at ASmo so 1 bus services all 3 resorts. we were at the front of the queue so DD3princess: and myself :wave2: managed to get a seat just behind the driver ( the long seats that face each other) DH and DD7: decided to give up their seats and stand towards the back of the bus, (there weren't many people standing - about 8)

Anyhoos, me and are talking about all the things we were gonna do that day, suddenly she said' mummy look at my sore leg - can you give it the magic kiss?' ( i must add that this had been the tiniest of grazes on her knee that she had done on our first day- you know what kids are like !!!!) So i says 'of course i will babe, as she swung her leg up onto the seat i had the shock of my life!!!:scared1:

She had been to the bathroom by herself and had removed her 'big girl' pants and not replaced them !!!! :eek: .....wouldn't have been so bad if our seats were facing forward ,but the whole seat facing (about 5 people) had also seen this :rolleyes1 ............. forgot to mention she was wearing a denim skirt that day !!!! Didn't know whether to laff:rotfl: or cry:sad: ..... I think I actually laffed out loud (with nerves):laughing: ........couldn't see how DH had failed to notice them still on the bathroom floor!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes1

Well the minute we got to the park I had to ask a CM - was there anywhere that sold underwear :confused: ........ they must have thought i was a nutter !!! or an exhibitionist !!:rolleyes:

Suffice to say I located some and she got to wear her 'tinkerbell':tinker: pants for the rest of the day !!

At the time it was a living nightmare , but now when i think about it , it really cracks me up !!:lmao:

Moral of the story - don't trust DH in bathroom situations !!!:rotfl:

mickeyluv'r
04-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Years of teaching have taught me generally to be careful of what I say. Generally, my worst language is pretty tame. Friends have been known to mock me for saying, "Sugar!" instead of something worse that starts with the same sound.

On a more recent trip to WDW though, my family had pushed me to the breaking point. My mom has a habit of needling me sometimes, and she was at it. I didn't want to start ranting, but she kept pushing me. Finally I relented, and gave her a list of things that had been bothering me, along with profane adjectives.
Among my list, were comments my sister had made. My sister had said what I felt were some very improper comments considering all the effort I had put into the planning the trip, second that she was not paying for nearly anything, and third having the nerve to tell me that I was being overly sensitive when she didn't want tofollow our plan. I had called everyone to plan, sent everyone a list of all the ADR's months ahead of the trip, and asked everyone to make changes then. I had intentionally made ADRs to accomodate her needs in particular. She, along with other family members had said everything looked fine ahead of time, but criticized every planned meal the day of the meal. And that was just one of the things that was frustrating me at that point in the trip. I had just had enough, and decided it was time to spend a little time away from the group. Instead my mom followed me and kept asking me what was wrong.

I did my best to find a quiet spot to rant, but AK was crowded that day and there weren't any totally empty spots nearby. I feel bad for my rant.

Cmdbuddy
04-13-2007, 03:28 PM
During my trip over Spring Break a few weeks ago, my best friend and I decided to be part of the morning dash every morning. We'd get there 45 minutes before opening to be at the front of the pack and stay right up with the Cast Members heading towards the big attractions in the respective parks. This was a big ordeal for me because I had never done it before in my previous 24 visits because my family likes to sleep in.

So our first dash on our first full day was at MK. We did a nice very fast paced walk (wondering where the CM were that were supposed to slow us down) until we got stopped at Tommorowland. We were at the front of the ropes again. I started getting very nervous about the dash to Space Mountain. We both had our tickets out in order to secure Fast Passes before we rode so we could ride again later. We were really serious about getting the Fast Passes as soon as possible as to not let a bunch of people in before us in line (we are such losers!)

So we get to a spot about 150 feet from the FastPass machines and the CM's let us go in front of them at this point (I think they said "GO!"). I broke out in a full sprint for the FastPass machines, ticket in hand, wanting a new FastPass receiving time record. Welllll..... Disney washes their concrete in the morning, and just as I started to slow down for my approach to the machine, I slid and fell down on my butt in front of everyone.... eventually coming to a crashing halt at the machine.

It was pretty amazing though because I grabbed onto the FastPass machine, got up, and secured a FP before anybody else had. That's called perserverence. I was sad that my friend missed it though.

kellycellini
04-13-2007, 03:29 PM
All of these stories reminded me of the time we were at Epcot with my nephew age 9. There were 5 of us traveling together and we needed a bathroom break. We stopped at the bathroom right as you walk into the World Showcase before Canada. My nephew decided that he was going to use the family bathroom while his dad and I waited outside. All of a sudden we hear him yell from inside the restroom, "Hey, dad, they charge 50 cents for napkins at Epcot." My brother and I looked at each other a little confused at first and then realized just what type of napkins he was talking about. I'm not sure if I have ever laughed so hard in my life. It quickly became one of our favorite family jokes.:rotfl2:

OMG! That's awesome!!! What was your response?

bearette
04-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Not as good as others but... After going on a 10 day Dinsey wonder cruise we finished off with a few days at POR. We had plenty of room to pack all of the stuff we brought, but because of all the cheap booze we had purchased in St. thomas our bags were a little heavy. The hotel was kind enough to let us use the scale that fed ex has there. So we weigh our luggage and two are way over weight. With the new air restrictions I couldn't put my booze or other heavy liquids in my carry on so out in front of everyone my husband and I are putting our dirty clothes and shoes into our carry ons while trying not to damage our keepsakes. We looked like Ma and Pa kettle were going on a trip, but i didn't want to have to pay $100 for over weight luggage! When we checked in at the airport our bags we about 4-5lbs under weight. I vowed to never travel that long without two suitcases a piece again!

TeddyToo
04-13-2007, 04:22 PM
You are all way too funny:lmao: :lmao: My most embarrassing moment won't be at WDW but when my computer tech people have to come up and dig their bosses' cheddar cheese potato chip goo out of the computer caused by laughing out loud with a mouth full of chips. Good thing I sign the checks around here or they would all think they can spend the afternoon reading the DIS Boards. :lmao: :lmao: Maybe I'll tell them I was reading their vacation requests :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DizneeMommy
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
My embarrassing moment wasn't accidental--my husband did it on purpose!

We went with a group of 12 in 1993. Half of us were on the monorail in a car by ourselves goofing around on the way to the Poly for the luau. Well, back then, Steve Urkel from Family Ties was a big hit. My very tall, lanky, PALE husband was goofing around and tucked his t-shirt into his elastic waist shorts, pulls up his socks as far as they'd go, pulled the shorts almost up to his armpits, slides his glasses down to the end of his nose, peers over, and begins to "channel" Steve Urkel! (In case you forgot. . ."Did I do that?" OHHHHH--that nasal voice!) The monorail begins to come to a stop at the Poly, and one of the fellows we were with dared him to walk ALL the way through the Poly like that!!! Needless to say, I stayed WAY behind them (stupid time to be wearing matching shirts!!) . . .and I'm sure there are still some folks who wonder who that weirdo was who came up and asked them "Got any cheeeeeese?":eek:

I sure wish I had a photo of that though! He's a pastor now, and that would look LOVELY on the church bulletin board!!!:rotfl2:

DanceDanceGirl
04-13-2007, 05:22 PM
My embarrassing moment wasn't accidental--my husband did it on purpose!

We went with a group of 12 in 1993. Half of us were on the monorail in a car by ourselves goofing around on the way to the Poly for the luau. Well, back then, Steve Urkel from Family Ties was a big hit. My very tall, lanky, PALE husband was goofing around and tucked his t-shirt into his elastic waist shorts, pulls up his socks as far as they'd go, pulled the shorts almost up to his armpits, slides his glasses down to the end of his nose, peers over, and begins to "channel" Steve Urkel! (In case you forgot. . ."Did I do that?" OHHHHH--that nasal voice!) The monorail begins to come to a stop at the Poly, and one of the fellows we were with dared him to walk ALL the way through the Poly like that!!! Needless to say, I stayed WAY behind them (stupid time to be wearing matching shirts!!) . . .and I'm sure there are still some folks who wonder who that weirdo was who came up and asked them "Got any cheeeeeese?":eek:

I sure wish I had a photo of that though! He's a pastor now, and that would look LOVELY on the church bulletin board!!!:rotfl2:

Oh yes that would look lovely! :laughing:

YellowXterra
04-13-2007, 05:28 PM
2006 was at Magic Kingdom with family & Sister in law and family. We were in the Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafť My sister in law was looking hot in a short skirt. This skirt had a zipper in the back. She walked form on eend to the other end og the place. When she went to sit down I saw her zipper was unzipped. Lets just say full moon. She had on a thong :)

Amyg
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
During my trip over Spring Break a few weeks ago, my best friend and I decided to be part of the morning dash every morning. We'd get there 45 minutes before opening to be at the front of the pack and stay right up with the Cast Members heading towards the big attractions in the respective parks. This was a big ordeal for me because I had never done it before in my previous 24 visits because my family likes to sleep in.

So our first dash on our first full day was at MK. We did a nice very fast paced walk (wondering where the CM were that were supposed to slow us down) until we got stopped at Tommorowland. We were at the front of the ropes again. I started getting very nervous about the dash to Space Mountain. We both had our tickets out in order to secure Fast Passes before we rode so we could ride again later. We were really serious about getting the Fast Passes as soon as possible as to not let a bunch of people in before us in line (we are such losers!)

So we get to a spot about 150 feet from the FastPass machines and the CM's let us go in front of them at this point (I think they said "GO!"). I broke out in a full sprint for the FastPass machines, ticket in hand, wanting a new FastPass receiving time record. Welllll..... Disney washes their concrete in the morning, and just as I started to slow down for my approach to the machine, I slid and fell down on my butt in front of everyone.... eventually coming to a crashing halt at the machine.

It was pretty amazing though because I grabbed onto the FastPass machine, got up, and secured a FP before anybody else had. That's called perserverence. I was sad that my friend missed it though.

So sorry...but that's funny! :rotfl2:

DebIreland
04-13-2007, 07:09 PM

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: What a trooper you are! That last part where you grabbed onto the FP machine and got up was like a scene from a heroic epic movie - you're down but not out. :lmao:

tchrrx
04-13-2007, 07:33 PM
This has got to be the best thread ever! I can't recall offhand any embarrasing moments, but I'm quite certain I probably did something stupid on our trip:lmao: . I'll try to pay more attention to my stupidity this year so that I can give you all the details:thumbsup2 :rotfl2: .

mirthmaiden
04-13-2007, 07:49 PM

OMG! I think I would've either laughed or gave him the arched eyebrow... :lmao: Too funny!

Xcited4Disney
04-14-2007, 03:30 PM
:ccat:

PaMom001
04-14-2007, 06:22 PM
My DD10 must think I'm insane(as if she needs any more confirmation) since I'm laughing like a loon. I've had to go to the bathroom so as not to wet myself. OMG these stories are hysterical.

I have an embarrassing moment, but not from WDW. My DD, then about 3 or 4, and I were in Olive Garden on Valentine's day. She had to go potty while waiting in the traditional long line. We came back. Our backs were to the wall, the hostess podium on her left and me on her right. I looked down and saw her left pant leg was pushed up around her knee. I told her to pull her pant leg down. A few minutes later I looked down at her and gasped. :scared1: She pulled her pants totally down, the waist was around her ankles. I don't remember if her undies were up or down. I dove down and pulled up her pants. I heard giggling, looked up and saw an elderly couple standing there laughing at us. I bet we made their night.

Amps
04-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I wish I was a better story teller but here's my little tale.

Me and my DGF were waiting in line for Philharmagic back when it was still relatively new and the lineup was enourmous. We had been standing in line for about 30mins (mind you, it had been a long hot day so we were a little out of) and I geuss she lost track of where I was, how you do that in a narrow lineup I don't know. I'm busy inspecting one of the posters on the wall when I hear her give a little yelp and she quickly turns and burries her head in my shoulder and starts laughing uncontrollably. Apparently, she thought that the guy in front of her was me and managed to put her hands on his back and lean in to give him a little kiss on the shoulder before she realized that it was a nice, older 50 something gentleman with his 3 kids. He just smiled and mentioned "It's happened before, don't worry".

To this day, I'll sometimes stop her when she leans in for a hug and ask her if she's sure its the right me shes hugging :)

Cmdbuddy
04-14-2007, 06:43 PM
So sorry...but that's funny! :rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: What a trooper you are! That last part where you grabbed onto the FP machine and got up was like a scene from a heroic epic movie - you're down but not out. :lmao:

So glad I could give both of you a laugh. I like making people laugh :thumbsup2 Turns out my clumsiness does that often for people.

Here's another one for you, although it's not from Disney.

It was the day of a big test in Mammalian Physiology a few months ago at college. I went to Biochemistry and we had about 10 minutes until class began. I was talking to one of my friends who let me see her study guide for the test that we had later that day. I decided that she did a good job and I'd run to the building next to us to make a copy before class began.

So I ran to the other building, made my copies, and started the treck back to the building my class was in. Now unfortunately the building with the copies is perched sideways on a hill, so approaching the building there are some steps and there are more and more steps as you go down the hill. I hope that makes sense. I knew my class was about to start because it took a while for the copies to make, so I was walking pretty quickly at the time. Well I was reading her study guide, forgot totally about the steps... and walked right off of them (a good 2 foot drop.)

I really have no idea how my body went from vertical to horizontal, but I landed flat on my face. Now, most people will say they landed on their face and just mean like tripped... no, I landed sprawled out on the ground... flat on my face. If there was a video of the event, it probably looked like I rebounded off the ground because I got up so quickly. I sprung back up and started to walk away.

Now this was during class change time, so there was a lot of people around. This girl comes running up to me and was like "OH MY GOOOODDDDDD! ARE YOU OK?!?!" I told her I was fine and kept walking towards class. It wasn't until I got about 50 more feet until I realize "hey, that really hurt!" I wound up skinning up both of my knees through my jeans, brushed up both of my hands, and had a mark on my chin. It was really funny and I couldn't even tell my friends in class what had happened. Oh yes, I'm clumsy.

Cmdbuddy
04-14-2007, 06:46 PM
I wish I was a better story teller but here's my little tale.

Me and my DGF were waiting in line for Philharmagic back when it was still relatively new and the lineup was enourmous. We had been standing in line for about 30mins (mind you, it had been a long hot day so we were a little out of) and I geuss she lost track of where I was, how you do that in a narrow lineup I don't know. I'm busy inspecting one of the posters on the wall when I hear her give a little yelp and she quickly turns and burries her head in my shoulder and starts laughing uncontrollably. Apparently, she thought that the guy in front of her was me and managed to put her hands on his back and lean in to give him a little kiss on the shoulder before she realized that it was a nice, older 50 something gentleman with his 3 kids. He just smiled and mentioned "It's happened before, don't worry".

To this day, I'll sometimes stop her when she leans in for a hug and ask her if she's sure its the right me shes hugging :)

Hahahaha that's so funny. That would be something that I would do.

Back when I was like 13, I used to love sneaking up behind my mom and scaring her. It was like the thing to do.

So we're in the Emporium in the MK, and I went off to shop a little on my own. I thought what I saw was my mom looking at some clothes, so I snuck up behind her, grabbed her around the waist, and went BOO!

The woman screams at the top of her lungs, turns around... and that's when I realized it wasn't my mother. I was mortified.

GoldenAfternoon
04-14-2007, 08:00 PM
We went on our first family trip to WDW when I was in 7th grade and my little brother was in 1st grade. Unfortunately, our mom had an upset stomach for most of the time we were there. At the airport on our way home, we ran into a cowboy who was roaming around, making balloons and basically just entertaining children. There was quite a crowd of kids and their parents gathered around him, and we were quick to join them. This cowboy was quite a character- he looked at my brother's Mickey tee shirt and loudly said "Howdy, partner!! I can tell you've been to Disney World! Did y'all have a good time?" My brother then practically shouted "Yeah! It was fun! But my mom (points to mom). . .well, she kept farting aaaalll week!!" My mom was speechless and everyone (the cowboy included) started laughing. The cowboy turned to her and said "Out of the mouths of babes!" :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: It's 16 years later and that memory still makes me laugh out loud :laughing:

bytheblood
04-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I have never had an embarassing moment in WDW> I hope I am not speaking too soon. ;) I'll post back if anything happens in Decemeber.

disneyworldluvr349
04-14-2007, 08:19 PM
I think I was in the 6th grade when my dad made me so embarrased.

We were getting ready to leave Magic Kingdom at closing time and it was pretty crowded and there wasn't much light to see. All of a sudden I heard a lady scream and a croud of people spred apart to make room for I didn't know what. It wasn't until I saw my sister and my dad sprawled on the floor that I realized that he fell. I then saw him trying to get himself up by pulling on a lady's pants in front of him. (There was another scream to add to it all.) I was so happy it wasn't me that was laying there for all of the Magic Kingdom park to see but I unfortunatly had to catch up with them for the very long embarrassing walk to the car.

OhhBother
04-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Here's mine from one of the water parks -- think it was BB but could have been TL.

DH and I, along with a friend, rode the family raft ride. I'm not a small person, so most of the way down, I was worried about how to get out of the tube without floundering around like a whale.

At the bottom, I came up with the perfect solution. I scooted up on the edge of the innertube and proceeded to flip backward into the water -- the way scuba divers do.

Only problem was the water was about a foot deep -- max. So I slammed my head on the bottom and still floundered around trying to get up. DH, our friend and the CM were all cracking up once they were sure I didn't have a concussion.

DazzledHeidi
04-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Hahahaha that's so funny. That would be something that I would do.

Back when I was like 13, I used to love sneaking up behind my mom and scaring her. It was like the thing to do.

So we're in the Emporium in the MK, and I went off to shop a little on my own. I thought what I saw was my mom looking at some clothes, so I snuck up behind her, grabbed her around the waste, and went BOO!

The woman screams at the top of her lungs, turns around... and that's when I realized it wasn't my mother. I was mortified.
:lmao: :laughing:

DazzledHeidi
04-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I think I was in the 6th grade when my dad made me so embarrased.

We were getting ready to leave Magic Kingdom at closing time and it was pretty crowded and there wasn't much light to see. All of a sudden I heard a lady scream and a croud of people spred apart to make room for I didn't know what. It wasn't until I saw my sister and my dad sprawled on the floor that I realized that he fell. I then saw him trying to get himself up by pulling on a lady's pants in front of him. (There was another scream to add to it all.) I was so happy it wasn't me that was laying there for all of the Magic Kingdom park to see but I unfortunatly had to catch up with them for the very long embarrassing walk to the car.
Ahh I see you've stolen my dad!

pampam
04-15-2007, 07:36 AM
We were sitting in the front seat of BTM. When the ride stopped, I got off with my GF following not realizing we had geed instead of hawed. There was a flight of stairs, so I walked up them with my GF following and ended up in the control room of the ride. What are you doing here! shouted the CM. I laughed and explained that I went the wrong way. Meanwhile the CM who was boarding ran up the stairs, and asked why we were there. My GF was crying by this point, and I was laughing out of embarasment. Ok, they said, when the next train pulls in, just walk through it to the correct side. When the next train pulled in, we sat down and went again.:guilty:

Marjol
04-15-2007, 08:28 AM
You're all so funny! :rotfl:

Maine-iac
04-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I have never had an embarassing moment in WDW> I hope I am not speaking too soon. ;) I'll post back if anything happens in Decemeber.

Yep you just jinxed yourself!! ;) Can't wait to hear your story in Dec.

disneyworldluvr349
04-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I love these stories.

And nope, unfortunatly dad is all mine.

:)

jmskinner
04-15-2007, 11:06 AM
:lmao: :lmao:

Subscribing. These are great.

I've been sitting here trying to think of anything embarrassing on our trip. Yet, another reason I must go back!

wdwtheplacetobe
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Going in two more days and will be WATCHING for anything to happen!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

disneyworldluvr349
04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Have fun!
I bet you are excited!
I will be looking forward to trip reports!
And embarrassing stories!

Matt'sMom
04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
popcorn::

eeyore4evuh
04-21-2007, 04:32 PM
My sister, mom, dad, and I ate breakfast at the Grand Floridian one morning and after we ate, we took a boat ride to MK. I climbed out of the boat and onto the dock. My shoelace caught on a board and the shoe came untied but I figured I'd tie my shoe once I got away from the dock. Needless to say, I stepped on my shoelace and tripped, falling flat on my face! A CM ran over and offered to help me up. I had just gotten to my feet when my dad bent down and started tying my shoes, which was embarrasing for me.

NYCCaitlin
04-21-2007, 04:37 PM
:lmao: I'm dying!

Angrypenguin
04-21-2007, 06:59 PM
I have to agree, these are great!:lmao:

addicted_to_WDW
04-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm more than a bit on the chubby side and have to shimmy through the turnstiles at HM. It's sort of a tiptoe, side step, side step thing. I don't know quite what happened but my shorts got caught up in the turnstile and I ended up with a massive wedgie. The poor man behind me caught quite the sight of butt.

vickalamode
04-21-2007, 07:19 PM
This isn't embarassing for me really, but a family friend came with us to WDW one time and he LOVES asian girls, and there was this asian girl who walked by so he turned around and walked backwards to get a better look at her and while he was walking backwards we told him to stop and he didn't listen and he tripped over some poor guy who was kneeling down facing the other way tying his shoe :rotfl2:

pednurse
04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
:rotfl: These are a hoot!

tacomaranch
04-21-2007, 08:16 PM
We were at Fantasmic and the show ended, I went to stand up and fell backwards down the bleachers! I fell end over end and had to have my DH pick me up. I broke a finger and we thought I had spiral fractured my arm, it turned blue every few moments. Luckily not too many people were around to see me as we had waited for most to leave.

It was the med's, I had extremely low blood pressure and when I stood up I passed out. Very embarrassing for an middle age woman.

We were at POFQ with DS who was three. We live in the country and when you have to go, you go. DS had run from me but I could see him and he stopped to hind behind a plam tree, or so I thought. When I came around the tree there he was watering the tree! What did the guests think? How do I explain that he can only go in the country not anywhere elese? Now he knows better, I hope.

Just last month at Disney Land in CA we were at the little kids water park opposite Bug's life when he playing in the water and then saw a part with water coming out and drain, he whips it out just in time for me to catch him and scream NO!!

sandybobandy
04-21-2007, 08:21 PM
We were at POFQ with DS who was three. We live in the country and when you have to go, you go. DS had run from me but I could see him and he stopped to hind behind a plam tree, or so I thought. When I came around the tree there he was watering the tree! What did the guests think? How do I explain that he can only go in the country not anywhere elese? Now he knows better, I hope.

Just last month at Disney Land in CA we were at the little kids water park opposite Bug's life when he playing in the water and then saw a part with water coming out and drain, he whips it out just in time for me to catch him and scream NO!!

LOL!!! What a story! Where in the "country" are you? I have never heard of anyone needing to go so bad that they just....GO. lol
Again, great story :)

tacomaranch
04-21-2007, 08:26 PM
We are in extremely rural Wyoming in the mountains. We live on a 43 acre ranch and we could never make it back to the house. We just go. The nearest big city is 1.75 hours away and we had to pull over this morning for potty stop. No rest areas.

Going to Jackson Hole is down a river canyon road and there is no potty until the very end. I have had to pull over after drinking too much coffee and go.

I guess we are just use to it as most are out here. Just the way of life when there is miles of nothing.

sandybobandy
04-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh wow, that's really something! Seems like that would take some getting used to. Although, I guess if it's all you know.... :)

I see you may be at Disney around the same time as us! Maybe we'll see ya there...maybe we'll meet up in the bathroom! LOL!!!!!! :)

PalVal
04-21-2007, 08:38 PM
This happened 20 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. We were camping at Fort Wilderness. My 5 year old son went to see Chip and Dale at a camp fire with my 12 year old daughter. An open air tram filled to capacity with guests was stopped in front of our camper. My son was on the other side of the tram and yelled across to me, "Mommy, Mommy, we just saw Chip and Dale, and they threw their nuts at us!" Everyone on the tram burst into laughter. I laughed and said, "That's nice honey!"

tacomaranch
04-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh wow, that's really something! Seems like that would take some getting used to. Although, I guess if it's all you know.... :)

I see you may be at Disney around the same time as us! Maybe we'll see ya there...maybe we'll meet up in the bathroom! LOL!!!!!! :)

We will see you there. DS does better now as he told me the urinal is "my size". I have never seen it but I DH says they have little ones for the little guys to use. Very smart.

Is it strange to have to go outside? I guess it is if we thought about it very long. Lets try a real life story. I load up my 5th wheel behind my truck and we are going to go cut wood. We have to go slow as my truck is only a half ton and the 5th wheel is 27 feet. The way to the road at S. end is about 50 miles, then I turn into the S. end Smith fork road and now it is a dirt road and I drive 27 miles back to poker flat. About 1.5 hours have gone by and if DS, or I have had to go, there is no bathroom, anywhere. You pull over and go.

We always go before leaving the house but I drink too much coffee in the morning so we end up having to pull over. Also, if DS says he has to go, we pull over quick.

There are no gas stations, rest areas or much of anything out here so we just are raised to go at home and after that, carry wipes in the truck.

Life is very different out here. I promise, when in a public area we are very civialized and we demand good behavior and manners from each other and we try to be kind to everyone we meet.

DH said today that we are not the average person because we live in a rural area and we are taught to be kind and help out. He said that most people live in very crowded conditions in big cities where it is very stressful. He expained that it is hard to remember to be kind and nice when life is hard.

I am happy we live out here and hope everyone that goes to WDW just is having a magical time away from the "rat race".

mistyt
04-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I am having a total blast reading these stories and my mother keeps glancing at me like I am crazy! popcorn::

I have one to add and while it is kinda gross it was still embarrassing at the time!

Probably about 6 or 7 years ago, DM, her DBF, and myself were walking on one of the paths from future world to world showcase. It was a busy night and the pathway was rather crowded. There was a group of five or six frogs jumping back and forth all over the pathway. We were all watching them. We continued to walk the pathway and just as I was about to put my foot down one of the frogs jumped under my foot! There was the loudest popping noise...it sounded like someone clapped their hands together and I could feel the squishiness under my foot! Everyone around us saw it happen and the crowd was filled with "ewwwwwwwws." I felt so bad for the frog, but nevertheless was totally embarrassed! Needless to say, I was known as the "frog assassin" for the rest of our stay!:sad2:

jsguevara2003
04-21-2007, 09:34 PM
In our trip to Animal Kingdom, in Kali Rapids, It was the five of us and another family(I think they were 5 or 6) each seat can hold 2 persons so I had to sit with another person from the other family, well, this person was a really(really:cool1: ) fat woman. The ride had almost ended but the boat was still moving.... well this lady took of her seat belt and stood up but the boat stopped suddenly and the lady almost falls out of the boat but she held on me but was too heavy so we both ended down on the floor of the boat..... she was on top of me.... and both families were laughing..... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: . I'm going to have this trauma for the rest of my life.

izzys4
04-21-2007, 10:25 PM
This happened 20 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. We were camping at Fort Wilderness. My 5 year old son went to see Chip and Dale at a camp fire with my 12 year old daughter. An open air tram filled to capacity with guests was stopped in front of our camper. My son was on the other side of the tram and yelled across to me, "Mommy, Mommy, we just saw Chip and Dale, and they threw their nuts at us!" Everyone on the tram burst into laughter. I laughed and said, "That's nice honey!"

OH MY GOODNESS!! I loved this thread but this one got me ....... PRICELESS!!

Steph9072
04-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Okay I have to stop reading for the night before my laughter wakes the whole house up. Good night all!:rotfl:

marc1477
04-22-2007, 12:55 AM
This is a great thread. a good way to relax in the evening and unwind.

DonaldTDuck
04-22-2007, 01:03 AM
;) This isn't embarassing for me really, but a family friend came with us to WDW one time and he LOVES asian girls, and there was this asian girl who walked by so he turned around and walked backwards to get a better look at her and while he was walking backwards we told him to stop and he didn't listen and he tripped over some poor guy who was kneeling down facing the other way tying his shoe :rotfl2:

I've 'fallen' for a few Asian girls myself, just not that bad.;)

tictoc
04-22-2007, 01:27 AM
I took my now 11 year old son to WDW for a mommy and me trip when he was three. We sat down for the long wait for Fantasmic and he began playing with the kids sitting in front of us. I had been saving seats for a friend of mine and her kids. She showed up so I said to my son we should go potty before the show starts. To my horror I turned toward him to see him peeing on the floor in front of us. He thought I meant to go potty right then. This was just a few minutes before the show started so the stadium was packed. The mom in front of us took it okay, but the dad got really peaved. I had a bottle of water so I just diluted it the best I could.

The next day we were in the pool at the Conemporary and he got out and peed on the side. I was again horrified. he had been potty trained since he was 19 months old! He had never shown that behavior before and never has again!

tictoc
04-22-2007, 01:39 AM
My DD10 must think I'm insane(as if she needs any more confirmation) since I'm laughing like a loon. I've had to go to the bathroom so as not to wet myself. OMG these stories are hysterical.

I have an embarrassing moment, but not from WDW. My DD, then about 3 or 4, and I were in Olive Garden on Valentine's day. She had to go potty while waiting in the traditional long line. We came back. Our backs were to the wall, the hostess podium on her left and me on her right. I looked down and saw her left pant leg was pushed up around her knee. I told her to pull her pant leg down. A few minutes later I looked down at her and gasped. :scared1: She pulled her pants totally down, the waist was around her ankles. I don't remember if her undies were up or down. I dove down and pulled up her pants. I heard giggling, looked up and saw an elderly couple standing there laughing at us. I bet we made their night.

On Mother's Day when my daughter was three we went to a restaurant to eat after church. Since it was Mother's Day my husband had gotten all three of our kids dressed for church. My daughter was wearing a beautiful dress. In the very crowded restaurant she stood on her chair and lifted the bottom of her dress up over her head. She wanted to show me (and the rest of the restaurant) that her daddy had forgotten to put her panties on that morning! The Full Monty for Mother's Day. There was laughter amongst all of the mothers that day!

NYCCaitlin
04-22-2007, 03:33 PM
On Mother's Day when my daughter was three we went to a restaurant to eat after church. Since it was Mother's Day my husband had gotten all three of our kids dressed for church. My daughter was wearing a beautiful dress. In the very crowded restaurant she stood on her chair and lifted the bottom of her dress up over her head. She wanted to show me (and the rest of the restaurant) that her daddy had forgotten to put her panties on that morning! The Full Monty for Mother's Day. There was laughter amongst all of the mothers that day!

You were probably mortified, but I have to say that was very cute! I would have laughed along with the rest of the mothers. Very cute of your DD.

tlhbdm
04-22-2007, 05:23 PM
These are all so funny. I think I crashed into a pole when I was younger.

Koroshiya-Ichi
04-22-2007, 05:37 PM
This isn't so bad, but last time I went I was staying at POFQ with my mom and grandma. It was pretty late so they had gone to get some food from the food court to bring back to the room, while I stayed behind and took a shower. I take LONG showers, and was almost out when I heard them come back to the room. About 30 seconds later I hear "Oh my GOD!" So I turn off the water, put a towel down on the floor to step on, and notice that it feels a little wet. Okay, a LOT wet. It turns out I had flooded the bathroom, to a point where the water had leaked under the door and out into the room itself.

I had accidentally put the shower curtain over the back of the side of the tub, so all the water dripped down from the shower curtain onto the floor. Thanks to my long shower, the entire bathroom floor was soaked. I had a lot of fun cleaning it up. :laughing:

ZanyToes
04-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Oh my.. I can SOOOO see that happening to me LOL..

Princess Brittany
04-22-2007, 09:52 PM
This really wasn't a embarassaing moment for me, but it was for my mom!!!
We were at the World of Disney Store in DTD and were looking at the Kitchen items, well I have to touch everything I think is neat. So I picked the top off of this really neat Tea Pot, and showed it to my mom. Well I slammed the top back on really and broke the Tea Pot!!! After that a casually strolled away, I didn't know I broke!!! So I left my mom standing there and a CM came over and said "Don't worry it happens all the time", she was mad at me!! So after we left the store my mom asked why I broke the Tea Pot, I was like omg, I didn't even know I broke!!!!:confused3 After that my family always says I not allowed to touch ANYTHING!!! We will always remeber that funny and embarassing moment!!!

pkondz
04-24-2007, 09:23 AM
bump!

Jessiebugkovacs
04-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Hubby and I just returned from WDW from our honeymoon in which we did the Mickey ear veil and top hat, and buttons the entire time we were there.....the first day we met up with a friend that lives in the area and his family(mom dad and his 9 year old niece)DH, Friend, Niece, and I were riding Buzz Lightyear pairing up Niece and I, DH and Friend......As I was getting off the ride and making sure niece doesn't get left behind, a CM exclaims HAPPY ANNIVERSARY....then noticing our JUST MARRIED buttons. Her face changed and said "Oh uhhhhhhh......."
DH and friend cracks up laughing because she actually thought that the 9 year old was my child.

Second was something that I actually did to DH, as we were leaving Epcot one evening, I found a pole and decided that I wasn't ready to go back to the hotel....so I proceeded to scream to the top of my lungs "NOOOOOOO I DON"T WANT TO LEAVE. I DON"T WANT TO GO HOME. PLEASE DON"T MAKE ME GOOOOOOO." DH had no idea what to do. Of course I gave in and laughed all the way to the car.

pkondz
04-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Second was something that I actually did to DH, as we were leaving Epcot one evening, I found a pole and decided that I wasn't ready to go back to the hotel....so I proceeded to scream to the top of my lungs "NOOOOOOO I DON"T WANT TO LEAVE. I DON"T WANT TO GO HOME. PLEASE DON"T MAKE ME GOOOOOOO." DH had no idea what to do. Of course I gave in and laughed all the way to the car.

OMG! Too funny! Sounds just like something I would do... and then get "the look" from DW. :lmao:

BTW, welcome to the DIS! :surfweb:

fey_spirit
04-25-2007, 02:38 PM
You know this is the kind of thing that should show up on the "Great Tips" posts -- "Please don't ever wear white in flordia - the rain capital of the United States" :lmao:

I'm not poking fun - I swear it's just... when you think about it - yeah...
But I doubt very many people actually ever think about it unless they're standing under the Giant Mickey hat showing off their pink undies for the world to see... think of all the people you can save! :banana:

It was 2004, I had just graduated high school and went with my friend Jenise and her family. It was POURING in MGM. It just started out of nowhere. Everyone was standing on the sides of sunset boulevard, huddling in stores or under their canopies to wait it out. Jenise and I are walking straight down the middle yelling "Panchos are for wimps! Rain doesn't bite! come on people!" thinking we were so cool.

I look down, turn to Jenise and say "uh... I forgot I'm wearing white shorts." Yes. White shorts. Pink underwear. Miss "Im too cool" (thats me) was parading down sunset boulevard, letting everyone see her panties.

I was HORRIFIED. And at that point, there was nothing i could do about it. I didn't have a thing to cover myself up. See through shorts for the next like 2 hours until they dried up. ugh!

jjarman
04-25-2007, 04:37 PM
I have to add this story even though it is not Disney related. It does go along with the peeing outdoors stories. When DS was about 3 my best friend and I took our boys to a lake swimming. Her son was 6. Well, it is a lake. There are no bathrooms nearby. The nearest facility was quite a walk away. Of course the boys have to go. My friend and I are sitting in our lounge chairs getting some sun and neither wants to take the boys all that way to go pee so we tell them just pee in the lake. The boys looked at us like we were crazy but we insisted it was okay. My friend and I go back to talking and for some reason looked up at the boys at the same time and sure enough they are about knee deep in the lake with their swim suits pulled all the way down watering the fishes. I guess we should have been a little more specific.

rockinrobin
04-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I have a story about my sister's first time at disney world. She was three and was in *love* with minnie mouse (still is). She entered the park and my parents took her right away to see minnie. She sets eyes on minnie and is so excited/nervous that she pees in her pants. It's been 20 years and we still bring it up everytime we visit WDW.

starlionblue
04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
You were probably mortified, but I have to say that was very cute! I would have laughed along with the rest of the mothers. Very cute of your DD.

Soooo, how many days in the cooler did DH have to spend AFTER you got home? My chest hurts, I've got to stop reading these!

mexican-mouseketeers
04-26-2007, 09:24 PM
It was during an all day extravaganza 6am-3am-May 2006. One of those days where we went full on commando-early entry (I cannot remember which park) and emh at MK till 3AM!!!

It was about 2:30 am-ish; Dh and I were almost in a vegetative state. Coming around the corner somewhere in fantasyland I spotted a potty station "hold on a moment, hon, I gotta go." I said to Dh while using the last bit of strength I had to turn the corner into the restroom.

"AHHHHHH"
(?)
"AHHHHH"
OH--I HAVE to get a sound recording on my phone for Dh--if not he'll just think I'm hallucinating from exhaustion.

I must have flushed that toilet for 15 minutes...maybe more :rotfl: finally I got a proper recording. This whole time I think it's just moi in there until I hear a rustling down a-ways. I slowly open the stall door to see a lady smiling back at me holding a broom and dustpan.

OH..:bitelip: "Hi, just, erm, recording the toilet, for verification...it sighs sometimes ya know." She just smiled at me as I was washing my hands and then I ran out of there real quick, zooming right by Dh and kept on going. I heard him yelling to "wait up" and "what happened," but I could feel my face burning and just wanted to gain some distance.

Amazing how adrenaline just kicks in like that :hyper: I explained it all to a laughing Dh and we chuckled all the way to the front of the park.
Well, at least I have the phone recording...perhaps I will make it my ringtone someday. :laughing:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

jekajekalynn
04-26-2007, 10:51 PM
My most embarressing moment at WDW happened at Philharmagic at MK...

I was wearing some trendy capris at the time that zipped up in the back. Well comming out of the theater, we decided to go into the gift shop..
We (my dh and I walked around for a few seconds before my dh pulled me aside and explained to me in a hushed voice that my pants were unzipped in the back and everyone could see my flowerdy undies...:eek: I was SOOOOO embarassed to say the least. :rolleyes1
My dh discretly zipped them up, and we hurried back to the vacation house so I could change my pants to not have another wardrobe malfunction.

wdwtheplacetobe
04-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Going in two more days and will be WATCHING for anything to happen!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Not exactly embarrassing, but kind of funny....

My Honey had taken me to the California Grill with the idea to propose on the Observation Deck after dinner. I am TERRIFIED of heights, so wouldn't go out....not even for a "minute". I told him to take pictures and I would go to the potty. Foiled his plan and didn't even know it!!!!

:love: :lmao: :love:

jmskinner
04-28-2007, 11:04 AM
I finally remembered my embarassing Disney moment. I knew there had to be something I did our first trip. Actually, it was more stupidity. We finally make to Orlando. We had only slept for two hours the night before, had to be at the airport by 5:30am, so here it is 2:00pm at the airport. We are exhausted. My DH has not been involved in any planning and we take the monorail to the main terminal and it just doesn't seem like the map on the ME booklet. :confused: So my first thought is that maybe we aren't at the main terminal and took the wrong monorail. So, back on the tram we go, only to realize, there is just one monorail. My DH asks if the whole trip is going to be this way? I felt so stupid.

DisneyGuy758
04-28-2007, 11:29 AM
When I was younger, my mom and I would go to WDW almost religously every year, and it never failed that I would be sick everytime. We were leaving Epcot after an Illuminations showing and I started to cough. It was a wet hacking cough, so being the polite young man that I was I put my hand to my mouth to cover it. Well, my hand acted like a make-shift pea shooter and I shot something not so nice woutta my mouth, directly on to the back of the person that was walking in front of me. It must of had some force becuase they turned and looked as if some one had tapped them on the back. Being embarassed, I kept my head down and continued to cough. Also having a twisted sense of humor, I pointed it out to my mom, and she laughed so hard she started coughing too. It's something we still recall, and laugh loudly to to this day.

Andre
pirate:

pkondz
05-04-2007, 10:40 AM
bump, bump, bumpitty bump :surfweb:

micknpluto
05-04-2007, 12:10 PM
come on guys!!
I want more stories!!!
lol

disneymom2twins
05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
My DH (boyfriend at the time), me, my best friend her DH (again, boyfriend at time) went to Pleasure Island. We were probably about 21/22 or so. After numerous drinks at numerous bars, jello shots, and a rousing game of twister (you fell, you drink)...we were hammered.

So now back on the relatively empty bus going to POFQ at god knows what time, there was a guy on the bus wearing a shirt that was the American flag. Not just a picture, but one of those entire shirts that was kind of tie-dyed like. Well, my DH and friend's DH proceed to stand up salute this guy and start singing the national anthem. My friend and I were horrified, but it was worse because we were drunk and laughing at them too.

Thank goodness this guy just came from Pleasure Island too and was a good sport about it. Too drunk to care I guess....

Stupid drunk kids, I"ll tell you....

ohdisco
05-04-2007, 05:05 PM
It wasn't at WDW, but at DL, and it was my cousin, not I.

We were on the indiana jones ride, and my cousin was looking for the key to my EVC in my purse. I have a small coach purse, so it's always busting at the seams, chalked full of stuff in it. Well, when she finally found the key, my lip gloss has gone overboard and onto this little walkway on the side of where you get off. Well, not thinking her actions through, she just walked out onto the little walkway, and grabbed the lip gloss. All the CMs gasped, and called, "SHE'S GONNA JUMP!" Apparently, they thought my cousin was going to jump onto the tracks. The whole ride shut down for the day, and all throughout the park we heard, "Did you hear someone tried to jump onto the tracks of Indiana Jones?" :laughing:

DBarber600
05-04-2007, 06:55 PM
You know this is the kind of thing that should show up on the "Great Tips" posts -- "Please don't ever wear white in flordia - the rain capital of the United States" :lmao:

Or how about a whole white outfit? This did not happen to me, but...

This college-age girl and her BF and his friend were in the same raft with me on Kali, and yes, she was wearing off-white linen pants and matching top. Needless to say, her side of the raft got completely drenched - she had NOTHING on under that outfit! Her clothes were just sticking to her body. It was shocking! :scared1:

Everyone on the raft was telling the guys to give her their shirts. They were reluctant, but she put one around her waist and one over her top. The 2 guys walked off bare chested. I felt so sorry for her. I could tell she just wanted to go home.

rosiep
05-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Let me begin by saying I'm nearsighted and vain...this means I often do not wear my glasses. I'm with my DD who's 18 at the AK in the petting zoo area where there are pygmy goats (or some such creature) from far away I swear it looked like he had 5 legs and I say so....My daughter, bursting with laughter says "Mom, that's not a leg":rolleyes1 (damn if it didn't reach the floor!!!)

Timon_n_Pumba
05-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Let me begin by saying I'm nearsighted and vain...this means I often do not wear my glasses. I'm with my DD who's 18 at the AK in the petting zoo area where there are pygmy goats (or some such creature) from far away I swear it looked like he had 5 legs and I say so....My daughter, bursting with laughter says "Mom, that's not a leg":rolleyes1 (damn if it didn't reach the floor!!!)

Um...I don't get it...:crazy:

Wait a second...OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Heh heh.

Scott in MO

PaMom001
05-06-2007, 10:29 AM

I bet he made a few girl goats happy!! :rotfl: :banana: :laughing:

monkeymom
05-06-2007, 10:57 AM
DS was the cause of 2 embarassing moments for us. We took him to WDW when he was 4, and on a bus ride back to PO at the end of the day, we had a very full bus and a very talkative bus driver. The bus driver talked non-stop about things he'd done, where he'd been, pointing things out. My son piped in (loudly - is there any other way?) with "HEY! You know what? My butt itches because my daddy didn't wipe it very well." The bus driver was stunned into silence and there was laughing on the bus. We got alot of grins as people got off the bus.

The following year, at the studios, DS was proud to have his own camera. As we were heading to the Beauty and the Beast show, DS and DH went into the bathroom. When they were washing their hands, DS' camera fell out of his pocket and the flash went off. A man standing at the urinal said "Um, I think you just took my picture." DH said sorry and hurried DS out and told us about it. Later, when we developed the film, I couldn't figure out one of the pictures... then realized, it was "the picture" from the bathroom... and luckily, it was just a tipped picture of the sink!

pkondz
05-06-2007, 12:35 PM
DS was the cause of 2 embarassing moments for us. We took him to WDW when he was 4, and on a bus ride back to PO at the end of the day, we had a very full bus and a very talkative bus driver. The bus driver talked non-stop about things he'd done, where he'd been, pointing things out. My son piped in (loudly - is there any other way?) with "HEY! You know what? My butt itches because my daddy didn't wipe it very well." The bus driver was stunned into silence and there was laughing on the bus. We got alot of grins as people got off the bus.

:scared1: :rotfl2:

PinkDaisy8844
05-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I love this thread...it is just too funny!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ladybugsy
05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
I can't believe I'm going to tell this again...lol

Trip before last, I had prepared for months by reading everything I could here on the dis. One thread I read mentioned that you should say things to the characters to get them to interact. Well, I thought that was interesting, and thought I'd give it a shot.

Fast forward to Animal Kingdom, before the park opens. Chip and Dale come out and my daughter is the first one to get to see them, and miraculously, we have them all to ourselves. So, remembering the wonderful tip I got here on the dis, I tried to think of something to say. A crowd was forming and I was running out of time...WHAT TO SAY???!!! So then I blurted out, Hey, Chip, where do you keep your nuts? :scared: Chip fell on the ground clutching his stomach and literally rolling on the ground and I could hear him laughing out loud. (got his suit dirty too) Dale crossed his legs like he had to pee, but he at least had the presence of mind to puff out his cheeks and pat them, indicating that's where he kept his. Meanwhile, I was trying desperately to slink down through the concrete as parents with shocked faces and children with confused looks began to gather.

Last trip, I refused to have my picture taken with either of them. I still love them, but I don't want to remember that day...:sad2: And of course, my family makes sure to point them out to me everywhere we go. DS even bought me a chip and dale pin, with...you guessed it...nuts on it.
Little twerp...lol

Lisa Hale
05-06-2007, 11:33 PM
So then I blurted out, Hey, Chip, where do you keep your nuts? :scared: Chip fell on the ground clutching his stomach and literally rolling on the ground and I could hear him laughing out loud. (got his suit dirty too) Dale crossed his legs like he had to pee, but he at least had the presence of mind to puff out his cheeks and pat them, indicating that's where he kept his. Meanwhile, I was trying desperately to slink down through the concrete as parents with shocked faces and children with confused looks began to gather.

Bless your heart, :rotfl2:

momtimesone
05-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I remember our first day in the magic kingdom and I heard the first morning train was comming so i told my sister we must hurry as after this one i think the parade comes and there wont be another till its over. We wanted to be in toontown when it opened. My sis and my son where slowly going up the stairs and im telling them to hurry as i hear the train, im running with the unbrella stroller all folded up safley when i trip going up the stairs. Now im a pooh sized lady so this was one of those falls where you just know someones watching but after i fell my sister and me where laffing so hard it was ok. To this day we look back at that time as yes embarissing for me but very funny i was not hurt just my ego:rotfl2:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-06-2007, 11:46 PM
I don't know if you call this an embarressing moment but on my families very 1st stay at the Contemporary in May 1998, as we were getting into the elevator someone was trying to get my bag. I turned around and it was Pluto, so later on my family and I had good laugh about it.

ModestMouse
05-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Okay, I have a doozy. My DW and I think this is one of the funniest things that has ever happened to us. In telling it I sincerely hope I don't offend anyone.

A few years ago my DW and I are at WDW and it happened to be during the Gay Days weekend. That day the designated park for Gay Days was MK, and so to avoid the longer lines DW and I decide to go to MGM. We get to the park before it opens and there are a large number of folks (mostly guys) in their red shirts for Gay Days going to MGM instead of MK, and a crowd has formed, waiting for MGM to open. Standing next to DW and me is an older married couple, in their sixties. The wife is sort of gently nagging the husband about does he have this, does he have that, and he mentions something that makes it clear this is their very first visit to WDW. I notice he is wearing a University of South Carolina shirt but I don't think anything of it. The couple is clearly noticing the large number of guys in red shirts but you can tell from their expressions they have no idea what's going on. The wife says, "it must be a convention of some sort."

Then the wife chides the husband that his balding head is going to get sunburned and so he pulls out a baseball cap from his backpack and puts it on. I hear her tell him to put the cap on but I don't look over at him, but suddenly my DW is absolutely convulsed in laughter--the kind of laughter that's like an earthquake but that you are trying not to show. She is leaning against me, shaking, arms around my neck, trying to hold the laughter in, practically in tears. I look over at the married couple.

The gentleman has put on a baseball cap that, like his shirt, celebrates the University of South Carolina. For those of you who don't know, the school teams are called the Gamecocks. (A gamecock is a fighting rooster.) Well, gamecocks is a long word, and his baseball cap had only the *second* half of that word emblazoned across the front of it. IN GIANT CAPITAL LETTERS. And this is what this very nice but clueless man is wearing during Gay Days.

I am also immediately convulsed with crying laughter, trying to hold it in. I keep waiting for one of the guys in the red shirts to comment favorably on the gentleman's baseball cap but all eyes are forward as the MGM gates open and the crowd surges inside. The couple went on their merry, unconcerned way with that suddenly hilarious baseball cap. DW and I have often wondered if anyone ever said anything to him.

:lmao:

sandybobandy
05-07-2007, 10:55 AM
That story is almost too funny to be true!! Haahahaaaaa! :lmao:

(on a side note-would Disney really let someone wear a hat with that word on it???)

ModestMouse
05-07-2007, 11:04 AM
That story is almost too funny to be true!! Haahahaaaaa! :lmao:

(on a side note-would Disney really let someone wear a hat with that word on it???)

Sandybobandy, I could not have made this up. Never would have occurred to me. That's a good point, I suppose, about whether Disney would permit the hat but he was wearing it the last time we saw him and they went through ticket stiles a bit before we did, and nothing was said at that point--he kept the hat on. Obviously to those familiar with South Carolina athletics it has a completely innocent meaning and I've seen shirts and caps with that abbreviation worn and shown by South Carolina fans on nationally televised games. . .so I don't know.

My wife and I felt terrible we didn't say anything to him, sort of to let him know, but we didn't want to offend him, and we could barely speak we were laughing so hard. I do hope he and his wife had a good visit to WDW.

sandybobandy
05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
No, no, I totally believe you....that poor guy. He had NO idea. I bet all day his wife thought her husband had TP on his shoe because people kept looking at him. Soooo funny.

TheLastPrincess
05-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Last year, my mom and I were taking a walk around POFQ late at night. She decided she wanted to get as close to the river as possible, so she walked down to the boat dock and stood there, and I followed her. I was looking around for signs posted that might indicate we shouldn't be standing there, but Mom insists that we can. Suddenly a boat starts heading toward the dock and in the loudest, most embarrassing manner possible, the boat captain yells "GET OFF THE DOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":scared1:

My mom took off running. She didn't stop until we were out of sight of the people coming off the boat. She was totally embarrassed, and I was laughing my head off.:lmao: Then she didn't want to go back to our room because our room faced the river and she was afraid they might see us and report us. :rotfl2:

I still tease her about that to this day!

sandybobandy
05-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh no! Poor mom! Haha!

(oh and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!)

Where was she standing though? I can't picture anywhere you can't stand on the docks....sounds like captain was being a wee bit dramatic. Hmmm...

TheLastPrincess
05-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh no! Poor mom! Haha!

(oh and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!)

Where was she standing though? I can't picture anywhere you can't stand on the docks....sounds like captain was being a wee bit dramatic. Hmmm...

Thanks!! She was standing on the part of the dock that is not enclosed by anything, usually the part you step on to after getting off the boat, I guess.

Nothing like getting yelled at while you're at WDW.:rolleyes:

micknpluto
05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Last year, my mom and I were taking a walk around POFQ late at night. She decided she wanted to get as close to the river as possible, so she walked down to the boat dock and stood there, and I followed her. I was looking around for signs posted that might indicate we shouldn't be standing there, but Mom insists that we can. Suddenly a boat starts heading toward the dock and in the loudest, most embarrassing manner possible, the boat captain yells "GET OFF THE DOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":scared1:

My mom took off running. She didn't stop until we were out of sight of the people coming off the boat. She was totally embarrassed, and I was laughing my head off.:lmao: Then she didn't want to go back to our room because our room faced the river and she was afraid they might see us and report us. :rotfl2:

I still tease her about that to this day!

ong..thats soo funny.. i can just picture her running away.. i would of done the same:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

TheatreLady
05-13-2007, 09:07 PM
The following year, at the studios, DS was proud to have his own camera. As we were heading to the Beauty and the Beast show, DS and DH went into the bathroom. When they were washing their hands, DS' camera fell out of his pocket and the flash went off. A man standing at the urinal said "Um, I think you just took my picture." DH said sorry and hurried DS out and told us about it. Later, when we developed the film, I couldn't figure out one of the pictures... then realized, it was "the picture" from the bathroom... and luckily, it was just a tipped picture of the sink!

:rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl2: :lmao:

TheatreLady
05-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Okay, I have a doozy. My DW and I think this is one of the funniest things that has ever happened to us. In telling it I sincerely hope I don't offend anyone.

A few years ago my DW and I are at WDW and it happened to be during the Gay Days weekend. That day the designated park for Gay Days was MK, and so to avoid the longer lines DW and I decide to go to MGM. We get to the park before it opens and there are a large number of folks (mostly guys) in their red shirts for Gay Days going to MGM instead of MK, and a crowd has formed, waiting for MGM to open. Standing next to DW and me is an older married couple, in their sixties. The wife is sort of gently nagging the husband about does he have this, does he have that, and he mentions something that makes it clear this is their very first visit to WDW. I notice he is wearing a University of South Carolina shirt but I don't think anything of it. The couple is clearly noticing the large number of guys in red shirts but you can tell from their expressions they have no idea what's going on. The wife says, "it must be a convention of some sort."

Then the wife chides the husband that his balding head is going to get sunburned and so he pulls out a baseball cap from his backpack and puts it on. I hear her tell him to put the cap on but I don't look over at him, but suddenly my DW is absolutely convulsed in laughter--the kind of laughter that's like an earthquake but that you are trying not to show. She is leaning against me, shaking, arms around my neck, trying to hold the laughter in, practically in tears. I look over at the married couple.

The gentleman has put on a baseball cap that, like his shirt, celebrates the University of South Carolina. For those of you who don't know, the school teams are called the Gamecocks. (A gamecock is a fighting rooster.) Well, gamecocks is a long word, and his baseball cap had only the *second* half of that word emblazoned across the front of it. IN GIANT CAPITAL LETTERS. And this is what this very nice but clueless man is wearing during Gay Days.

I am also immediately convulsed with crying laughter, trying to hold it in. I keep waiting for one of the guys in the red shirts to comment favorably on the gentleman's baseball cap but all eyes are forward as the MGM gates open and the crowd surges inside. The couple went on their merry, unconcerned way with that suddenly hilarious baseball cap. DW and I have often wondered if anyone ever said anything to him.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Thanks my laptop screen really did need to be cleaned.

Donaldsfan176
05-13-2007, 09:30 PM

Now I cant see from all the tears of laughter in my eyes!! :lmao: :rotfl2:

kimg826
05-14-2007, 07:07 AM
:rotfl:

castleri
05-14-2007, 08:46 AM

Just wondered when you were there - I had the same thing happen on Christmas Eve at BB a few years ago.

justbishop
05-14-2007, 11:47 AM
A few years ago I was at MGM with my husband, mother and step-dad. We were exiting Star Tours, and I guess I got caught up looking at something in the shop for longer than I realized, because they all gave up and walked away without me.

As I was making my way out, I reached out beside me and grabbed [who I thought was] my husband by the hand as I looked around. I got annoyed when I felt him start to pull away, turned to ask him what his issue was, and realised that I wasn't holding my husband's hand, but a terrified teenage boy's!

I quickly apologized and released the poor kid as my husband and family pointed and laughed :P

rlduvall
05-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Several years ago, I went to Blizzard Beach with my DH and his two sons. We were out on the lazy river - my DH and I were laying on our backs each in our own intertube. It is very easy to get separated on that ride with all the commotion, but I wanted to be able to relax and chill . . . so I grabbed my DH's foot, closed my eyes and just enjoyed the sun, the water, everything. After a few minutes, I looked up to say something to my DH. To my horror, I was looking at a sweet, older couple (laying on their backs on their own intertubes) who were grinning at me . . . I had a hold of the man's foot . . . NOT MY HUSBAND'S . . . that whole time. :scared: They were such good sports about it and everyone laughed so hard. Funny, all of a sudden my hand felt a burning sensation in it when I realized it was holding a stranger's foot. :rotfl:

WDWtinkbell1982
05-14-2007, 03:41 PM
OK...you have to see it from my eyes. My DH, DS and nephew are riding a very crowded bus home to OKW from MK at 2 am. Now, my DS was about 11 at the time...and he thought....like most little boys that age...that public flagulence was.....hilarious :confused3

Well, he must have let out a silent attack that night....

Keep in mind....it is 2 am...and very dark.....so I cannot see them well....but it is what I hear that is so hysterical and....embarassing.....

DH...."Oh holy hell, what is that?"
DH looks at my 16 nephew...he has his t-shirt pulled up over his nose...as a makeshift gas-mask

Our Nephew points to DS who is acting innocent and ignoring them.

DH "Man, my eyes are watering!" Something must have crawled up him and died!" :headache:

DH...gaging...says to our nephew..."Why didn't you warn me?"

Nephew replies...."Dude, every man for himself."

mom2mykids
05-14-2007, 05:13 PM
This is too much! I've laughed so hard! Thanks for sharing!!

pkondz
05-15-2007, 08:30 AM

IloveGoofyGuys
05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
These stories have been great, my own was probably more funny if you were there, but I will try to tell it anyways.....
We were eating at Ohana's & my husband & I were chosen to hold the limbo sticks. My husband is not the type to do anything even slightly undignified, former Marine turned math teacher, you get the idea. Well, I convinced him someone had to hold the sticks for the kids, so up we go. The CM leading the festivities then said we needed to do a congo line around the room first in preperation for the limbo... oh, the look on my husbands face was :eek: :scared1: one of pure mortification. He was a sport, though & even attempted to make the hand sign for family that she taught the kids as we went around the room in a congo line. After getting done our youngest comes running up from the back of the line & tells his dad he had the sign for I LOVE YOU w/ both hands the whole time, not for family. When we watch the tape back he does pass by waving with both hands the I love you sign & we just laugh. Needless to say he propably won't be volunteering to hold the limbo sticks again. :confused3

tmq2766
05-15-2007, 10:37 AM
That is just wrong!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

OK...you have to see it from my eyes. My DH, DS and nephew are riding a very crowded bus home to OKW from MK at 2 am. Now, my DS was about 11 at the time...and he thought....like most little boys that age...that public flagulence was.....hilarious :confused3

Keep in mind....it is 2 am...and very dark.....so I cannot see them well....but it is what I hear that is so hysterical and....embarassing.....

DH looks at my 16 nephew...he has his t-shirt pulled up over his nose...as a makeshift gas-mask

DH "Man, my eyes are watering!" Something must have crawled up him and died!" :headache:

WDWtinkbell1982
05-15-2007, 11:32 AM

I must redeem my poor DS...when I told him I posted that story....he reminded me of a story that was funnier...and which more importantly.... he was the innocent.

As I described in my last epic....my son....being a boy....thinks flagulence is just a laugh riot.

But my DH and I really frown on that...especially during dinner time.

This was our 2003 trip. We were at the Eletric Umbrella at EPCOT for lunch. It was during EPCOT's Flower and Garden Festival. We were sitting at a table on the 2nd floor....and right next to us was two gentlemen who were enjoying their lunch and mapping out the gardens they wanted to visit.

Anyhoo...

We were eating our meal.....and all of a sudden rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppp! My DH and I immediately shot our DS a very dissapproving look....but before we could get even get a word out our DH screams "THAT was NOT me!" :angel:

The gentleman seated with his back to my DS back...gave an uncomfortable glance behind him....adjusted in his seat....coughed...and went back to the EPCOT Flower and Garden borchures. :rolleyes1

Now, my 10 year old DS never had trouble claiming "his own" and was always proud of ones that really echoed like that. So we knew he was telling the truth....and we both were biting our lips trying not to laugh. :o

Now this event must have went right over our DS friend's head...she had no idea what had just happened. She is really an airhead....so she blurts out, "What!?!?!?" "Did someone FART or something?" :cutie:

That is when we all lost it....pop shot out of some noses....food was spit out...and the table erupted in laughter. :rotfl2:

Our Gentleman friend, however, did not appreciate the humor in the situation....and proceeded to turn up his nose at us! :snooty:

At that point we were like...lighten up Pal.... you just can't recover and be coooool after ripping one like that! :cool:

Kazzy1548
05-15-2007, 11:41 AM
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:
Kazzy:hippie:

garris3404
05-15-2007, 11:56 AM

That was hilariously funny! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Briar_Rose
05-15-2007, 01:52 PM
This did not happen in WDW but while driving to WDW from PA on our first trip. It is a family classic. I was 8 and sis was 4. It was the early 80s and my dad had recently gotten his first video camera and taped every moment of our trip. He was obsessed. Well we had stopped at a cousins' house in SC and they lived along a golf course with very sandy soil. It was a sunny day in August and mom had us dressed in matching outfits with shorts and sandals. There was an enormous old tree in the back yard that had been hit by lightning and was very twisted and strange looking. Dad had sis and I stand in front of the tree and say the date and where we were and where we were going. No one else was outside except the three of us. After reciting the spiel sis runs off and you see me looking down and brushing my legs. Dad then pans to film the yard, house, golf course all the while narrating. You then hear screams in the background, "Daddy! Daddy, help me!" Dad continues filming and narrating. This continues for a few minutes. Then he quickly pans back to me standing under the strange tree screaming and hopping around maddly, just in time to see Mom run in, grab me and carry me away. I was being eaten alive by fire ants and Mom heard me from a second story bedroom and saved the day, while dear old Dad stood no more than 15 feet away oblivious. It is all preserved on film forever. Dad will never live that one down. :sad2:

pkondz
05-15-2007, 01:58 PM
This did not happen in WDW but while driving to WDW from PA on our first trip. It is a family classic. I was 8 and sis was 4. It was the early 80s and my dad had recently gotten his first video camera and taped every moment of our trip. He was obsessed. Well we had stopped at a cousins' house in SC and they lived along a golf course with very sandy soil. It was a sunny day in August and mom had us dressed in matching outfits with shorts and sandals. There was an enormous old tree in the back yard that had been hit by lightning and was very twisted and strange looking. Dad had sis and I stand in front of the tree and say the date and where we were and where we were going. No one else was outside except the three of us. After reciting the spiel sis runs off and you see me looking down and brushing my legs. Dad then pans to film the yard, house, golf course all the while narrating. You then hear screams in the background, "Daddy! Daddy, help me!" Dad continues filming and narrating. This continues for a few minutes. Then he quickly pans back to me standing under the strange tree screaming and hopping around maddly, just in time to see Mom run in, grab me and carry me away. I was being eaten alive by fire ants and Mom heard me from a second story bedroom and saved the day, while dear old Dad stood no more than 15 feet away oblivious. It is all preserved on film forever. Dad will never live that one down. :sad2:

I love old family film footage. That one's absolutely priceless! :surfweb:

marc1477
05-15-2007, 02:11 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

This is too much...I can't stop laughing....I love it.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

nicoleakr
05-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I love this thread! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: It's just what you need to pick your spirits up

FyreFli64
05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh my gosh, I just found this thread...it's too, too funny! lol I'll have to see if I can remember any embarrassing moments from our two trips to WDW! Thanks everyone who has shared! :rotfl:

CindyT
05-15-2007, 06:36 PM
We sat congratulating ourselves for scoring perfect viewing seats for the nighttime electrical parade, on top of the train station. We must have been there about an hour and a half before we realized that there was no parade that night :dance3:

THE HAT
05-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Must have been a brazilian goat;)

rosiep
05-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Must have been a brazilian goat;)

:rotfl: :rotfl:

dweitzel0
05-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Great stories, subscribing

wosadci1
05-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Some years ago when DD6 and I were in MouseGear, the large gift shop in Epcot, she was immediately drawn to a huge display of character bobble-heads. Reaching out to "see" which is touch in kidspeak, I quickly intercepted and warned that these are very breakable and not play toys. But, I would show her how they work. So, I bobbled the heads of several Mickeys down at her eye level. At this point, a CM came up and asked if I needed any help. "Nope, just showing my girl how the bobbles work." DD6 enjoyed the syncronous bobble action which then spawned what would prove to be a very bad idea. Starting at the bottom row, I began bobbling every head in the display working my way up the pyramid to see if I could get the whole display going in a single, continuous bobble symphony! Gauging that the motion of the initial bobbleheads were starting to slow, I began speeding up my "tap and go" hand motions by bringing both hands into play to ensure all bobbleheads were in full action at the end. Having never mastered even a two-ball juggle, I should have envisioned that my minimal dexterity would soon lead to disaster. Several bobbleheads short of my goal, a baseball uniformed Mickey with bat at the ready toppled down the pyramid taking out a Minnie from the bottom row. As both shattered on the floor, I realized that the CM did not wander far from us as she had certainly seen this type of idiocy before. I offered and even begged to pay for the broken merchandise but the CM politely refused repeating "it happens all the time". Needless to say, I allowed DD6 to pick out a plush of her choice for me to buy and avoid the further embarrassment of leaving without buying anything.

tttessa
05-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Hiya - those stories are soooooo funny:rotfl:

Ours include - 2 giant tortoises doing what comes naturally at AK - a little boy (5ish) asked "what are they doing" his mum replied with a red face - "oh they're just playing leap-frog" - boy "Well they're not very good at it" We were in a crowd listening to the CM talk about the animals and everyone - even the CM - just cracked up...

My dd has had some wonderful "confrontations" as she talks to people without thinking!!!
Sitting in the restaurant one evening she (3 at the time) says nice and loudly "Why does that man have no hair - he looks really funny" (His wife nearly choked...)

Another occasion on the bus - "Oh NO - your mummy will be cross with you for writing on your self " to a man aged about 45/50 with tattoos

To Pluto - "do you lift your leg to go wee - my doggy does" I'm sure his blush showed THROUGH the fur!!!

Loved the Chip/Dale nuts post - I can just imagine my DD saying that too....

Tessa

MNRMommy
05-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Some years ago when DD6 and I were in MouseGear, the large gift shop in Epcot, she was immediately drawn to a huge display of character bobble-heads. Reaching out to "see" which is touch in kidspeak, I quickly intercepted and warned that these are very breakable and not play toys. But, I would show her how they work. So, I bobbled the heads of several Mickeys down at her eye level. At this point, a CM came up and asked if I needed any help. "Nope, just showing my girl how the bobbles work." DD6 enjoyed the syncronous bobble action which then spawned what would prove to be a very bad idea. Starting at the bottom row, I began bobbling every head in the display working my way up the pyramid to see if I could get the whole display going in a single, continuous bobble symphony! Gauging that the motion of the initial bobbleheads were starting to slow, I began speeding up my "tap and go" hand motions by bringing both hands into play to ensure all bobbleheads were in full action at the end. Having never mastered even a two-ball juggle, I should have envisioned that my minimal dexterity would soon lead to disaster. Several bobbleheads short of my goal, a baseball uniformed Mickey with bat at the ready toppled down the pyramid taking out a Minnie from the bottom row. As both shattered on the floor, I realized that the CM did not wander far from us as she had certainly seen this type of idiocy before. I offered and even begged to pay for the broken merchandise but the CM politely refused repeating "it happens all the time". Needless to say, I allowed DD6 to pick out a plush of her choice for me to buy and avoid the further embarrassment of leaving without buying anything.

The things we will do to entertain our children :rolleyes1 Trust me been there;)

TheatreLady
05-16-2007, 04:46 PM

That deserved an LOL!! :lmao:

pkondz
05-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Ours include - 2 giant tortoises doing what comes naturally at AK - a little boy (5ish) asked "what are they doing" his mum replied with a red face - "oh they're just playing leap-frog" - boy "Well they're not very good at it" We were in a crowd listening to the CM talk about the animals and everyone - even the CM - just cracked up...

Oh man, does that remind me of one. Not at WDW but Disney related. My DD (2 or 3 at the time) knew that at the end of the movie, the princess always got married and danced with her prince (pick a flick, any Disney flick :laughing: ). We were at our local zoo and she was thrilled with all the action in the monkey habitat. We took turns describing the action of two monkeys who were particularily active.

Me: "Oh look! They're running!"
DD: "They're jumping!"
Me: "They're swinging!"
DD: "They're climbing!"
They then began to 'do what comes naturally'.
Me: "Ummm..."
DD: "They're married!"
Me: :blush: "Let's go see the Leopards." :rolleyes1

MNRMommy
05-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh man, does that remind me of one. Not at WDW but Disney related. My DD (2 or 3 at the time) knew that at the end of the movie, the princess always got married and danced with her prince (pick a flick, any Disney flick :laughing: ). We were at our local zoo and she was thrilled with all the action in the monkey habitat. We took turns describing the action of two monkeys who were particularily active.

We call it "wrestling" :rotfl2:

rosiep
05-16-2007, 10:21 PM

That;s funny, cause here at home we refer to "it" as the Wild Monkey Dance:laughing: :laughing:

meowzer
05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
My DH and I were on our honeymoon in 1997 where we watched a Tarzan (?) clip in one of the MGM theatres. I was so tired that I fell asleep and started drooling. Then my DH fell asleep next to me. Once the movie was over the CM had to come over and wake us up so the rest of the row could get out of the theatre.

In Nov 2006 when we went with our kids there was a terrible accident on the Florida Turnpike on our way home. We had to turn off the car and open the windows while we waited. When we left WDW it took the kids all but 5 min to fall into a deep sleep, we were so happy because the car was so quiet. So now the kids were asleep and we feel asleep. It took the driver in the car next to us to honk and yell to wake us up. Traffic was moving again. There was not another car for another 1/2 mile in front of us. So embarrassing.

space ranger 1
05-17-2007, 05:46 PM
This is great! :rotfl2:
Lets bump this up and see if we can get some more!!!:thumbsup2

mom2mykids
05-19-2007, 06:06 AM

Totally not Disney, but ds when he was quite young "walked in" and we called it wrestling. So the next day he asked us to wrestle naked again!:blush:

Lisa Hale
05-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Totally not Disney, but ds when he was quite young "walked in" and we called it wrestling. So the next day he asked us to wrestle naked again!:blush:

Lord love ya, talk about something that would kill spontaneity! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We'd have to set up a whole checklist:
(1) Where are the kids?
(2) Are they fully occupied?
(3) Are they likely to stay occupied?
(4) Even better, are they asleep?
(5) Do they look SOUND asleep?
(6) Turn off the lights
(7) Lock the doors
(8) Move heavy piece of furniture in front of the door!
(9) Turn on radio/TV to muffle all sounds of the "smack down" (well, you did say you were "wrestling").
(10) Listen to sound outside of door.....
(11) Damn, the TV woke the kids!
(12) Move furniture out of the way
(13) Unlock Doors
(14) Turn lights back on
(15) Put kids back to bed again
(16) Are they asleep again?
(17) Return to room and lock door
(18) Turn out lights
(19) ....... "um...Honey?" ..... SNORE
(20) Give up and go sleep. :faint:

TheatreLady
05-20-2007, 06:29 PM

jmskinner
05-20-2007, 06:41 PM
This is a story my DH told me. On our way to WDW, he and the DS7 went to the mens room at the airport. My DS always uses the kids urinal because the others are too tall. Well for some reason, this man was using it. So, instead of patiently waiting behind the man. My DS stands beside the urinal and stares at the man while is going. My DH came out of the bathroom telling DS, "you need to learn the rules for the mens room".

mom2mykids
05-21-2007, 05:57 AM
We'd have to set up a whole checklist:
(1) Where are the kids?
(2) Are they fully occupied?
(3) Are they likely to stay occupied?
(4) Even better, are they asleep?
(5) Do they look SOUND asleep?
(6) Turn off the lights
(7) Lock the doors
(8) Move heavy piece of furniture in front of the door!
(9) Turn on radio/TV to muffle all sounds of the "smack down" (well, you did say you were "wrestling").
(10) Listen to sound outside of door.....
(11) Damn, the TV woke the kids!
(12) Move furniture out of the way
(13) Unlock Doors
(14) Turn lights back on
(15) Put kids back to bed again
(16) Are they asleep again?
(17) Return to room and lock door
(18) Turn out lights
(19) ....... "um...Honey?" ..... SNORE
(20) Give up and go sleep. :faint:

HAHAHA :rotfl2: You've been spying on us??;)

the_princess
05-21-2007, 06:26 AM
This takes place at MK, or at the monorail station at MK. We got on at Epcot, but when we entered the train a woman stepped on my mums flip flop so it fell off and down on the rails. we couldn't get off the train cause there were so many people getting on, so we had to ride to MK and then get off. We told a CM at MK what happend and he called Epcot station to get them to get and bring it to MK. So we were standing there waiting and waiting while one train after another arrived but no shoe. My mum had only one shoe on so people were looking at her. All the CM knew about it so they all asked my mum if she was the woman that lost her shoe. Finally the shoe arrived and together with it 5 or 6 CM that all wanted to see who the shoe belonged to. My mum became quite famous, better known as The Woman With The Lost Shoe.

AlyssinWonderland
05-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Awww These are beautiful! I haven't laughed so hard in ages! LOL Someone should put these in a book! :lmao:

Anyhoo! I got one..not embarrsing for me but my Mom! I was about 10 years old and my sister was 7. My dad (named Frank) had just taken us on Space Mountain in the MK for the first time... We all got off the ride and ran to where my mom was waiting for us... (She's a total ride wuss!;) ) And of course we are all saying the ride is no sweat..not scary at all...she'll love it....:rolleyes1 After 10 minutes of convincing her we are on the ride... At the top of the Mountain before flying down to the botton...she begins the now famous scream.... :scared1: "F**K YOU FRANK!!!!!!!"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: To this day she great red everytime this story is brought up... Hee hee so of course we bring it up often! :dance3:

Lisa Hale
05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
HAHAHA :rotfl2: You've been spying on us??;)

:rotfl2: Nope, sadly, it's a commentary on our lives more often than not, :sad2: :sad2:

micknpluto
05-21-2007, 11:47 AM
This happened to my Dad. Me, my Dad, my friend and her 3 year old daughter were at the Magic Kingdom. My friend and I wanted to ride Space Mountain so my dad offered to take my friends 3 yr old daughter on Tomorrowland Transit Authority. I think it was knows as People Mover? While we ride SM he takes her on TTA. We come off the ride as we are exiting, we see my Dad with Cassandra(my freinds daughter) she is SCREAMING at the top of her lungs.:scared1:..crying!!! Dad said she fell asleep while on TTA. when she woke, she forgot her Mom wasnt there and starting flipping out..all she sees is my Dad..LOL and she starts screaming crying.

My Dad said people were staring at him like.. omg, did he kidnap that kid, what is he doing to her???:lmao:

poor Dad.. we will never forget that.

Disneydreamer5
05-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Ok so we had never been to Animal Kingdom before. So we are walking around looking for this thing or that and we are totally lost.
We knew we wanted to get to Africa but had no clue how to get to it.
I take it upon myself to walk over to a CM on the otherside of the bridge we were crossing. So I walk right up to him and say hey could you please help us? He says gladly what can I help you with? I say well we have been walking in circles trying to get to Africa from where we are now. :confused3 Could you please point us in the right direction. With a huge smile on his face he says Mame, just turn around and go straight back over the bridge where you just walked out of! :rotfl2: My whole family was almost crying they were laughing so hard as was the CM. I then introuduced us as the dingdong family and thanked him and went on our way feeling very silly.:rotfl:

KLAIT
05-30-2007, 12:21 PM
More, More!!!

calgarygary
05-31-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't know if this has already been mentioned as I haven't read this thread nor do I want to flame but wouldn't one of the most "embarressing" moments be when the OP misspelled embarrassing?

love2teach
05-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't know why this was embarrassing to me, since I'm not the one who did it, but I was there, so here goes. As I've said before, I travel to Disney with school groups. I was with two other teachers (both older than me--one is in her 60s), a Foster grandmother, and one of the teacher's sister. We're standing in the Epcot bus line outside of Pop. The bus pulls up, the driver gets out, and this lady, her hubby, and a younger boy and girl walk around the line and straight up to the bus. Or, should I say, the lady wheeled her wheelchair up to the bus. The driver proceeds to let them get on the bus before everyone else. The 60-some year old teacher starts complaining, loudly, about how unfair it was that she got to get on the bus first. She is loudly telling anyone within 500 feet that there was "nothing" wrong with her, look at her, she doesn't have a cast or anything, she's not that old, why is she in a chair?? Why is she getting on the bus first? Look at that, they're taking up too many seats with her chair.

I wanted to crawl underneath the bus and curl up into a ball so noone would know I was with her. The sister of the other teacher told her that we didn't know what was wrong with the lady, she might have heart problems or whatever and we should be thankful that we were able to stand in that line and walk up on the bus.

I know this isn't one of those funny embarrassing moments, but it sure was embarrassing at the time. Needless to say, I didn't go off anywhere with them again!

Princess Stitch
05-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Subscribing :D This is a great way to pass time at work!

P&L@WDW
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Maybe not embarassing, but it certainly was funny!

On our first family trip, my mom, dad, I and DSis were visiting MGM. After having ridden TOT twice ourselves, DSis and I confirmed for mom her belief (without ever having been on it) that it wasn't that bad, really! Of course, for a 19 and 20 year old, both of whom love thrill rides, it wasn't! :rolleyes1

Dad goes and gets fast passes for all of us, and we return at our appointed time figuring that mom can't back out since we have them. On we go, through the line and into the basement waiting area just before loading. The entire time, mom's courage which she'd spent all afternoon building up was slowly fading. Thankfully, we got onto the 'elevator' before she decided to back out.

Of course, as soon as the car started to move, she decided she'd made a mistake and began informing my father, DSis and I that she hated us all, and could she please just get off, all while clutching my father's hand. Needless to say, that didn't happen! After the ride was over, during which mom screamed the entire way, dad practically has to help her off of the ride to the bench just across from the picture booth. Mom had tears running down her face, and had to gasp for breath because she was laughing so hard. Dad, DSis and I are all bent over at the waist laughing at poor mom, and the looks we got from people passing by...

Funniest of all, dad had bruises between his knuckles from how tightly she was holding his hand!!!:rotfl2:

mickeymedic
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your embarassing moments.:lmao: I am a ditzy blonde married to a clutz and -believe it or not- have nothing to add. For the life of me I'm trying to think of an embarassing story, but I can't. :confused3

VLee
06-01-2007, 10:16 PM
We have a couple of memorable moments:

1. Just last week, I was on a trip with my 4 and 7 year old grand kids on our way to Chef Mickey's. As we headed down the escalator, the 7 year old dropped the robot that she was carrying right near the bottom, reached down to get it and fell. I immediately tried to "scoop" her up from the moving floor and bent over to do that. The 4 year old behind me then toppled over, causing me to fall along with himself. So all three of us are at the bottom of the escalator trying to frantically get off with more people coming in behind us, having no where to step off. It was a little scary at the time, but would probably win the $10,000 prize for America's funniest videos if someone had happen to tape it.

2. A couple of years ago, I had convinced my husband to go to one of the buffets with me at the resort. My husband never likes to be the center of attention. As we went back and forth to the buffet, I noticed that several people seem to watch him closely. But brushed it off, thinking that some were foreigners and were just watching us as Americans.
As we get ready to leave and get up, I step behind him, only to notice that the panty shield (that mysteriously went missing as I dressed that morning) was stuck to his behind! I just about went to the floor on that one.
He didn't think it was that funny...

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Subscribing!!!

I have only read the first page so far and my sides are hurting from laughing so hard...love the men bathroom one and the one where the lady fell running to keep up with her son....:rotfl2:

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 01:46 AM
We were on Pooh and were just coming around to where you get off, the family before us was taking their good old time gathering their belongings and taking their small children by the hand, when my DD then 3 yells.."Hurry up people I gotta go a stink!"

THis one killed me....:rotfl2:

My DS for some reason calls it Big Browns, when he has to poop.

I can only imagine when he starts preschool and has to go and he tells the teacher he has to make big browns.....:lmao:

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 01:50 AM

"AHHHHHH"
(?)
"AHHHHH"

This is the funniest one so far.....only on page 4 or 5, I think.

I literally have tears running down my face......:lmao:

Macca1111
06-02-2007, 02:18 AM
Awww These are beautiful! I haven't laughed so hard in ages! LOL Someone should put these in a book! :lmao:

Anyhoo! I got one..not embarrsing for me but my Mom! I was about 10 years old and my sister was 7. My dad (named Frank) had just taken us on Space Mountain in the MK for the first time... We all got off the ride and ran to where my mom was waiting for us... (She's a total ride wuss!;) ) And of course we are all saying the ride is no sweat..not scary at all...she'll love it....:rolleyes1 After 10 minutes of convincing her we are on the ride... At the top of the Mountain before flying down to the botton...she begins the now famous scream.... :scared1: "F**K YOU FRANK!!!!!!!"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: To this day she great red everytime this story is brought up... Hee hee so of course we bring it up often! :dance3:

Ok, all of these stories have me cracking up, but this one made me laugh uncontrollably out loud. :lmao: Hope I didn't wake anyone up! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

flying_babyb
06-02-2007, 02:53 AM
I could add but i dont know if i wanna embarass myself....

Ok Im not one for big dips, NOR for not knowing whats comming. My Dsis (jerk) and my Dcuz (BIGGER JERK) convince me that the pirates of the carribean ride would be fun and only have one dip. Well, They get on the ride, im laughing and having fun. First dip. I was ok. Got to the second one and Im darn near having a panic attack. Theres a little 5 year old in front of me whos just looking at me like I got a screw loose. Well then we get to the end. I see the big up-hill. Well that was it for me, Im darn near crying, treatening to pass out and clammoring that I cant breathe. I mean what goes up must come down right? Well, We got off, im freaked and crying and they had the gaul to laugh!!!

Hey anyone ever been to noahs ark? Got a story on that one too.

flying_babyb
06-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Haha,Well this happened when I was little but it is still funny to all of us.

When I was like 4 or 5 I went to the MK with my mom,grandma,brother and sister.My mom was using a wheelchair and it was evening time.You know how some part's near the Castle have like hills?Well my sister,13 at the time, was pushing my mom along and decided it would be funny to push her really hard and let go..My mom went downt he hill with my brother in her lap.She pushed my brother out so he wouldn't get hurt. She had to go to the Medical Clinic there.All I remember is british people and stickers.But she was alright:)

It's really funny because my sister is 23 now and she still isn't allowed to push my mom in a wheelchair lol.

Had a simmlar expenarce with my ummmm Large sister. Shes a lot bigger than me weight wise and thought it would be wonderful for me to push her around at the national zoo in D.C. Well, the laws of motion apply. Big object cant be stopped by a little one on a hill. I got a free ride down the hill and had a good laugh when she hit a wall.

RubySlippers
06-02-2007, 06:55 AM
2. A couple of years ago, I had convinced my husband to go to one of the buffets with me at the resort. My husband never likes to be the center of attention. As we went back and forth to the buffet, I noticed that several people seem to watch him closely. But brushed it off, thinking that some were foreigners and were just watching us as Americans.
As we get ready to leave and get up, I step behind him, only to notice that the panty shield (that mysteriously went missing as I dressed that morning) was stuck to his behind! I just about went to the floor on that one.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: OMG!!!

Rubyprincess:

disneyaggie
06-02-2007, 11:40 AM

Oh this one is hysterical! What a hoot! :lmao:

Mom2R&D
06-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by VLee

:rotfl:

Reminds me of the time I "borrowed" my 8 YO DS's school backpack for camping. I had no idea that I hadn't fully unpacked it until I picked him up from school one day and he was SO mad at me. I asked him what was wrong to which his reply was to unzip his backpack, snatch out a pantiliner and thrust it in my face. "You forgot to take YOUR STUFF out of my backpack." I truly don't believe he knows what a pantiliner is, but boy, he was cheesed off at me anyway. :rolleyes1

I guess DH and I suffered an embarrassing moment in WDW when we snuck away for our anniversary last March. We were very excited about going without the boys for once and even went as far as to get matching t-shirts made with Donald and Daisy on the front and the number "15" on the back (indicating how many years we've been married). We wore the obligatory anniversary buttons so most of the CM's would comment and wish us a happy anniversary.

We ventured to the Character Connection at Epcot and as we queued up the (older) gentleman CM congratulated us on our anniversary and asked us how long we'd been married. We told him fifteen years to which he replied "Wow! It must've been a shotgun wedding!" :eek: probably best describes my reaction. Once we recovered we laughed and told him no, it wasn't a shotgun wedding and we were both of legal age when we got married.

We did end up receiving several comments during our trip. "What, did you get married when you were four?" and "Do you have kids? How old are they?" and you could see them doing the mental child/marriage math. (Married 15 years, oldest child is 11, we are quite legit. ;) )

nikky luvs mickey
06-02-2007, 03:28 PM
omg that was hysterical.. My hubby would have killed me for laughing but who could help it.:rotfl:

stargrazer
06-02-2007, 03:39 PM
DD10 gets really nervous in line for some of the more moderate/thrilling rides; unfortunately, when she gets nervous she also gets gas. I always stand behind her to try and buffer the next person in line.

So last week we are standing in line for Soarin', which she's rode a million times. All the sudden, I smell gas -really BAD.

So I say in (what I thought was) a quiet voice 'somebody have a little gas'? DD looks at me all stupid and the lady behind us pipes up and says, 'yes, so sorry'.

:laughing:

Her face was so red!

bellebud
06-02-2007, 03:45 PM
I have a truck driver's mouth at times... the kids have heard words they shouldn't hear, mostly 'f'. DH was always yelling at me for it, and people are always surprised to hear i have the potty mouth in the family, because i only use this word at home and never "at" anyone (like if i stub my toe or something i'll say it). I'm really a very sweet, normal mom. DH uses the 's' word at times and a few other not-too-bad ones. Oh, and my kids know they cannot say these words. BUT...

at disney vero beach... myself, dh, dd5yo (at the time) and ds3yo are in the lobby... ds was in a mood, probably no sleep, we just arrived having drove from NY, whatever other excuse i can think of... he was at the top of the big staircase and wouldn't come down... the lobby was full of people... we had our luggage and were tired of chasing him around, and dh probably threatened him w/ a time out or no swimming or somthing... My ds somehow put together all the bad words he knew and SHOUTED out to us "no! i'm not coming down, you

(moderators, sorry if this is over the line... i don't know how to clean it up more)

"F##-A##/S-hole!"... :eek: :eek:

OMG, it was like that EF Hutton commercial... everything went silent and EVERYONE looked at us! It was as if time stood still and i was stuck w/ my feet glued to the floor, just soaking in all the glares...

a few hours later in the elevator, a man smiles and says to us "i recognize you from the lobby... it's nice to know other kids do that too, but i'm glad mine didn't do it in front of everyone". I felt like people were pointing at us the whole week "there's that white-trash family w/ the horrible son!"

this same wonderful son of mine also put together 2 other words when he was younger than that (maybe 2yo). He and dd bathed together and we use the correct words when describing body parts. He somehow started saying Poopy-V## on a regular basis. I mean to the cashier at the grocery store, to every relative we have (my mil almost passed out when he said it to her), to absolutely anyone who would listen! He'd say it as if he were saying 'hello' to someone. I never knew when it would fly out of his mouth, and i don't think he had any idea as to what he was saying. he just thought those 2 words sounded wonderful together and wanted to share it with the world.

i'm happy to say he's 5yo now, and never uses any bad words. and he actually hardly ever used bad words anyway... just in the crowded lobby of a hotel!

DisGirlAllie
06-02-2007, 04:19 PM
DD10 gets really nervous in line for some of the more moderate/thrilling rides; unfortunately, when she gets nervous she also gets gas. I always stand behind her to try and buffer the next person in line.

So last week we are standing in line for Soarin', which she's rode a million times. All the sudden, I smell gas -really BAD.

So I say in (what I thought was) a quiet voice 'somebody have a little gas'? DD looks at me all stupid and the lady behind us pipes up and says, 'yes, so sorry'.

Her face was so red!

PaMom001
06-02-2007, 04:42 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :laughing: I'm howling here. That is toooooooooooooo funny.

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 05:09 PM
This one is not disney related, but thought I share anyway.

About 5 months ago, DS(3), had pointed to my chest and asked what they were.

After thinking for a few seconds of a good word to use, I chose B***ies

So, about 3 weeks later, we are in Walmart and get up the cashier.

He says, "Nice Hair" Then, he says "Nice Shirt". He is always complimenting people..too cute..

Anyways, his next words "Nice B****ies!"

Luckily, the cashier cracked up and thought it was funny.

But I was looking for the nearest hole to crawl into....

:rotfl2:

Donald Lover11
06-02-2007, 06:28 PM
My embarassing moment happened this Christmas...

One day in Magic Kingdom, my mom and I were sitting on a curb along Main Street waiting for the parade to start. Out of nowhere a huge swarm of birds started circling around where we were sitting. I turned to my mom and told her that it would be my luck to get pooped on by one of those birds above our heads. We laughed about it for awhile and hoped that wouldn't happen.

About five minutes before the parade started, I felt this big plop on my back. I first I thought that it was starting to rain, but then I remembered the birds. I asked my mom if a bird had just pooped on me. Well, she started freaking out, so I took that as a yes...There was a group of little kids and parents behind us and noticed and were yelling gross, etc. Luckily my mom had Wet Ones in her backpack and was able to wipe it off before it dried on my shirt. You really couldn't tell that it had happened after she wiped it off, which was good.

I enjoyed the parade otherwise though...:rotfl2:

teruterubouzu
06-02-2007, 09:18 PM
A couple of years ago, I had convinced my husband to go to one of the buffets with me at the resort. My husband never likes to be the center of attention. As we went back and forth to the buffet, I noticed that several people seem to watch him closely. But brushed it off, thinking that some were foreigners and were just watching us as Americans.

All of the stories in this thread are funny, but this one just made me laugh so hard I had tears streaming down my face. I really needed a good laugh like that. Thank you for posting that story!

stitchlovestink
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
This one is not disney related, but thought I share anyway.

About 5 months ago, DS(3), had pointed to my chest and asked what they were.

After thinking for a few seconds of a good word to use, I chose B***ies

So, about 3 weeks later, we are in Walmart and get up the cashier.

He says, "Nice Hair" Then, he says "Nice Shirt". He is always complimenting people..too cute..

Anyways, his next words "Nice B****ies!"

Luckily, the cashier cracked up and thought it was funny.

But I was looking for the nearest hole to crawl into....

I can see the headline of your local paper:

WalMart employee files sexual harassment charges against 3 y.o. customer... :eek:
Out of the mouths of babes....:rolleyes1

Trentmom
06-02-2007, 11:35 PM
I can see the headline of your local paper:

WalMart employee files sexual harassment charges against 3 y.o. customer... :eek:
Out of the mouths of babes....:rolleyes1

You slay me!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

pkondz
06-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Her face was so red!

:lmao: Hilarious!

GemmaPixie
06-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Just subscribing. I can't think of any embarrassing moments for myself, but I will try..

ChipAndDale2006
06-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Gosh you guys are so funny with your embarrassing moments! I have my own lol... This was the first time my family and I went to WDW. My daughter was 4 at the time, and we got to the resort late, I'd say probably 9 P.M. Well my daughter wanted to see Cindie's Castle badly... The parks had already closed b/c of Graduates night in May. We had no idea about how WDW looked or how it worked :rotfl: So we got in the vehicle and found a cast member near MK :laughing: We asked where was the best place that we could get a glimpse of the castle since we couldn't go to the park. He looked at us as if we were nuts and said, "Ma'am I doubt you can without going to the park itself :rotfl2: Now (after going there 11 times) just thinking of that moment makes me blush.... this guy must have thought we were hicks from the forest :lmao: :lmao:

KayR
06-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Almost WDW but not quite.

My 2yo DD was walking out of the Shrek ride at Universal. Through the store they have some unicorn toys. DD loved them, so whilst I went off to see T2-3D DH bought one for her. The unfortunate thing is that she calls it a Uniporn - we keep coaching her to say Unicorn and she CAN say it, but even now, she still reverts back to saying uniporn.: confused3

-Kay

Trentmom
06-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Almost WDW but not quite.

My 2yo DD was walking out of the Shrek ride at Universal. Through the store they have some unicorn toys. DD loved them, so whilst I went off to see T2-3D DH bought one for her. The unfortunate thing is that she calls it a Uniporn - we keep coaching her to say Unicorn and she CAN say it, but even now, she still reverts back to saying uniporn.: confused3

-Kay

Love it...Too Funny!!!:rotfl2:

Trentmom
06-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Gosh you guys are so funny with your embarrassing moments! I have my own lol... This was the first time my family and I went to WDW. My daughter was 4 at the time, and we got to the resort late, I'd say probably 9 P.M. Well my daughter wanted to see Cindie's Castle badly... The parks had already closed b/c of Graduates night in May. We had no idea about how WDW looked or how it worked :rotfl: So we got in the vehicle and found a cast member near MK :laughing: We asked where was the best place that we could get a glimpse of the castle since we couldn't go to the park. He looked at us as if we were nuts and said, "Ma'am I doubt you can without going to the park itself :rotfl2: Now (after going there 11 times) just thinking of that moment makes me blush.... this guy must have thought we were hicks from the forest :lmao: :lmao:

Awww....how embarassing that must have been....:hug:

Trentmom
06-05-2007, 03:52 PM
These are so hilarious!!

I just wanted to give it a little bump..

Would love to hear some more stories...:goodvibes :goodvibes

klmall
06-05-2007, 06:08 PM
This happened to my mother several years ago when she was in her early 60s. She always carried a fairly large tote bag to Disney with sunscreen, camera and other items. She loved riding the big thrill rides at the Magic Kingdom and prided herself on her courage. Well, one day she got on Big Thunder Mountain RR and my dad waved goodbye as usual (he hated the big rides). She looped her purse handles over the bar and took off. The ride ended and she got up to get off but her bag straps somehow got twisted up and she couldn't get them off the bar! Even the CM couldn't manage to undo them! So she got to ride again!

Meanwhile Dad is waiting impatiently but has no clue where she is or why she didn't come out as expected. He of course, is cursing under his breath! Dad has no patience!

It took 3 rides and two more CMs to get her bag released and this is how family legends are born. And Dad didn't speak to Mom for 30 minutes for worrying him so much!

kimg826
06-05-2007, 07:12 PM
That one is hillarious:rotfl: . Thank goodness I am home alone, some one would think I was :rolleyes1 going :banana:

kimg

Trentmom
06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
This happened to my mother several years ago when she was in her early 60s. She always carried a fairly large tote bag to Disney with sunscreen, camera and other items. She loved riding the big thrill rides at the Magic Kingdom and prided herself on her courage. Well, one day she got on Big Thunder Mountain RR and my dad waved goodbye as usual (he hated the big rides). She looped her purse handles over the bar and took off. The ride ended and she got up to get off but her bag straps somehow got twisted up and she couldn't get them off the bar! Even the CM couldn't manage to undo them! So she got to ride again!

Meanwhile Dad is waiting impatiently but has no clue where she is or why she didn't come out as expected. He of course, is cursing under his breath! Dad has no patience!

It took 3 rides and two more CMs to get her bag released and this is how family legends are born. And Dad didn't speak to Mom for 30 minutes for worrying him so much!

I love it...Totally worth it to get 3 rides in a row....:rotfl2:

Macca1111
06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
It took 3 rides and two more CMs to get her bag released and this is how family legends are born.

Not embarrasing, but this totally reminded me of one of my favorite stories from DLP. My sister, Dad, and I were riding Big Thunder there, and we had a great time - the ride is really fun, with a neat little trip outside right on the water (it goes underground out to an island, around the island, and then back to the start) We got back to the load, and our safety bars didn't pop up - we were locked in our seats! We tried to get the attention of the French CMs - they are a little more, shall we say relaxed on the job and were not at all paying attention or noticing that a whole car couldn't load or unload. My family doesn't speak a word of French (we tried English) nor did the family stuck in front of us (they didn't speak English or French) so our attempts to get the CMs to notice us didn't do anything. We ended up riding three times before someone noticed and unlocked our bars manually. It was hilarious because we kept giving the other family the :confused3 look - oh well, I guess we're going again! It was so strange, but really funny at the same time, and I'm so glad we got to ride those extra times!

Trentmom
06-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Not embarrasing, but this totally reminded me of one of my favorite stories from DLP. My sister, Dad, and I were riding Big Thunder there, and we had a great time - the ride is really fun, with a neat little trip outside right on the water (it goes underground out to an island, around the island, and then back to the start) We got back to the load, and our safety bars didn't pop up - we were locked in our seats! We tried to get the attention of the French CMs - they are a little more, shall we say relaxed on the job and were not at all paying attention or noticing that a whole car couldn't load or unload. My family doesn't speak a word of French (we tried English) nor did the family stuck in front of us (they didn't speak English or French) so our attempts to get the CMs to notice us didn't do anything. We ended up riding three times before someone noticed and unlocked our bars manually. It was hilarious because we kept giving the other family the :confused3 look - oh well, I guess we're going again! It was so strange, but really funny at the same time, and I'm so glad we got to ride those extra times!

OMG...that is too funny!!

But, I am thinking the next peple waiting to ride might not have agreed with that...

klmall
06-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Off topic for a minute - Glad you enjoyed my Mom's 3 ride story! She is notorious in our family for "funny screwups". When I was little we used to grocery shop at a local strip mall. There was only one lamp pole in the entire parking lot and it was way out from where we usually parked. She backed into it with our big old station wagon not once, but twice. And this same parking lot had a drainage ditch running along one side. You guessed it! She backed down into it also!

On topic - They started going to Disney World after I got married so I never got to witness their WDW escapades but Dad used to tell the story of how she backed the motorhome over someone's pink plastic flamingo at Fort Wilderness. Then they had to go all over Orlando hunting for another pink flamingo even though the 'flattened flamingo' family insisted it wasn't important. Mom said it was "camping ethics" or something. Dad is gone now so Mom won't admit to much of this today of course but my sister and two brothers who lived through it with her are still around to tell the dead flamingo tale and others!

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/10.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/10.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/10.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/10.gif

Piglets Mommy
06-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I needed a good laugh today! Thanks! Keep the great stories coming. I'm sure I'll have some to add when we get back!

DebIreland
06-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Off topic for a minute - Glad you enjoyed my Mom's 3 ride story! She is notorious in our family for "funny screwups". When I was little we used to grocery shop at a local strip mall. There was only one lamp pole in the entire parking lot and it was way out from where we usually parked. She backed into it with our big old station wagon not once, but twice. And this same parking lot had a drainage ditch running along one side. You guessed it! She backed down into it also!

:lmao: :rotfl2: Years ago I read something about a desert with just one single Joshua Tree being the only piece of vegetation for hundreds of miles and yet, cars have backed into that tree and hit off it numerous times. :confused: :lmao:

she backed the motorhome over someone's pink plastic flamingo at Fort Wilderness. Then they had to go all over Orlando hunting for another pink flamingo even though the 'flattened flamingo' family insisted it wasn't important. Mom said it was "camping ethics" or something.

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing!

gcoxua
06-06-2007, 10:50 AM
My most embarassing moment happened during MVMCP. My wife and I were sitting on the curb on Main Street watching the last parade of the night. We had been sitting there a while and had not moved from that spot. When we get up to leave my wife looks down and starts laughing. I said what are you laughing at. She said, "looks like you had an accident!" I had been sitting in hot chocolate and the khaki shorts made it worse. So here I am on Main Street with a big brown stain on my butt. SO, needless to say my evening was over. It was time to make a mad dash to the hotel room.

What I could never figure out is where the hot chocolate came from. I had checked my spot before I sad down because I didn't want something like this to happen. This just goes to show when it is your time for an embarassing moment it will just happen.

chrismb22
06-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I can't believe I'm going to tell this again...lol

Trip before last, I had prepared for months by reading everything I could here on the dis. One thread I read mentioned that you should say things to the characters to get them to interact. Well, I thought that was interesting, and thought I'd give it a shot.

Fast forward to Animal Kingdom, before the park opens. Chip and Dale come out and my daughter is the first one to get to see them, and miraculously, we have them all to ourselves. So, remembering the wonderful tip I got here on the dis, I tried to think of something to say. A crowd was forming and I was running out of time...WHAT TO SAY???!!! So then I blurted out, Hey, Chip, where do you keep your nuts? :scared: Chip fell on the ground clutching his stomach and literally rolling on the ground and I could hear him laughing out loud. (got his suit dirty too) Dale crossed his legs like he had to pee, but he at least had the presence of mind to puff out his cheeks and pat them, indicating that's where he kept his. Meanwhile, I was trying desperately to slink down through the concrete as parents with shocked faces and children with confused looks began to gather.

Last trip, I refused to have my picture taken with either of them. I still love them, but I don't want to remember that day...:sad2: And of course, my family makes sure to point them out to me everywhere we go. DS even bought me a chip and dale pin, with...you guessed it...nuts on it.
Little twerp...lol

Ok, I'm halfway thru this thread but just had to tell you I am holding my mouth trying not to laugh at work. I have tears running down my face. That story was fabulous!!!!

I have 2 stories. The first, we were at Wolfgang Puck's, sitting outside and I am going towards the bushes to my seat. Well, the waiter neglected to tell me there was a ledge there and I went to pull my chair back and me and the chair go RIGHT into the bushes. I quickly got up and did a "ta da" dance (everyone was watching anyway, might as well make a joke out of it!)

The second embarassing moment could have been a lot worse -- but luckily sunglasses kept it at bay. It was the end of our first day of a week long trip. I had planned this trip for months for my boyfriend and I. I was VERY nervous about going because he had never been to Disney before and I was afraid he wasn't going to like it. (My ex HATED it and swore he would never go back.) We were leaving Epcot and there was somehing that was closed or whatever and he made a comment about "when we come back next year" and then thanked me for taking him to such an amazing place. Well, I started crying my eyes out, I was so relieved and every time I tried to stop, I started again. It lasted a good 10 minutes (I am tearing up now, as I type) and I'll never forget it. That sealed the deal for me. In fact, we just started planning our January trip and he's just as involved as me now. I asked where he wanted to go first and he said EVERYWHERE:goodvibes

Trentmom
06-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Ok, I'm halfway thru this thread but just had to tell you I am holding my mouth trying not to laugh at work. I have tears running down my face. That story was fabulous!!!!

I have 2 stories. The first, we were at Wolfgang Puck's, sitting outside and I am going towards the bushes to my seat. Well, the waiter neglected to tell me there was a ledge there and I went to pull my chair back and me and the chair go RIGHT into the bushes. I quickly got up and did a "ta da" dance (everyone was watching anyway, might as well make a joke out of it!)

The second embarassing moment could have been a lot worse -- but luckily sunglasses kept it at bay. It was the end of our first day of a week long trip. I had planned this trip for months for my boyfriend and I. I was VERY nervous about going because he had never been to Disney before and I was afraid he wasn't going to like it. (My ex HATED it and swore he would never go back.) We were leaving Epcot and there was somehing that was closed or whatever and he made a comment about "when we come back next year" and then thanked me for taking him to such an amazing place. Well, I started crying my eyes out, I was so relieved and every time I tried to stop, I started again. It lasted a good 10 minutes (I am tearing up now, as I type) and I'll never forget it. That sealed the deal for me. In fact, we just started planning our January trip and he's just as involved as me now. I asked where he wanted to go first and he said EVERYWHERE:goodvibes

That is too funny falling in the bushes...:rotfl2:

Your second story....that is so touching.....

So, since he is a disney lover and you to seem very happy together, when is the wedding?

You know someone had to ask, mine as well be me....:rotfl:

chrismb22
06-06-2007, 12:12 PM
And one more thing ... I'm sure I'll have tons of stories of MAJOR embarrassing moments with characters when I get back in January. See, I have this irrational fear of characters who look like "real people" like Mary Poppins, Prince Charming etc. I'm fine with characters like Mickey, Donald, Pooh, Pluto etc. (I LOVE them) but "real" looking characters freak me out for some reason. My boyfriend and best friend know this -- and have each tried to get me in embarrassing situations. Now, the've never been there together but when the two of them and her husband tag team me, I think I'll be in trouble. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Any advice?

MonoManBlue
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Mine goes back quite a few years, when I was like 12-ish we went on MuppetVision, and after the show, my mom asked what I thought, and I replied with

"it was great, and that little guy was talking to me"

and she said what do you mean?? to which I said

"he said 'everyone thinks im talking to them, but im really just talking to you' and pointed right at me"

my mom had to go through a big spell of explaining that in reality he would point at everyone, and since then (im 21 now) I hear about it everytime I get close to that ride.

familyS
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Thank you all so much for sharing! When I got to the pantyliner story I laughed out loud here at work :lmao:
Keep them coming ;)