PDA

View Full Version : Book Early - Apply Discount Later?

DadMomBoyGirlBoy
04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
:confused: We are planning a trip for April 2008. First, does anyone know how soon we can book a room only reservation? Second, if we do book one, and a discount code comes up for that time period, can we apply it at that time? Lastly (this is long-winded, I know), can we ait and see if an Annual pass code comes up before buying an annual pass? If one does, can we get one, and then call and use that discount?

Boatingmom
04-21-2007, 07:19 AM
I booked for room only for April 2008. I was told that when the discounts come out, we can apply the discount if there are rooms avail at our resort. I believe it is a different story on packages, depending on who you purchased them through. I'm hoping to get a AAA and or a governmental rate. The rates are supposed to come out over the summer. Last year they were out the first week of August. Don't know about your other question.

TravelGrl
04-21-2007, 08:31 AM
One thing to mention, is that if too many people book early, they don't have incentives to offer discounts. This is what happened with the free dining plan this year. Too many people anticipated the free dining in September and August, that they booked early hoping to add the free dining later. Disney didn't have a reason to offer free dining for that whole period, because the discounts are meant to incentivize more people to book. So that is why this year the free dining is shorter than last year's.