PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Anaheim Inn

mikayla73
04-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Has anyone stayed here? It has a pretty good location on Harbor (next to Denny's) so it is close to the crosswalk to DL. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, and they were mostly good. The pool area looks a little small and I know it doesn't have breakfast, but we are only staying there two nights before moving to the GC for the rest of our stay. :cloud9: We won't be hanging out at the hotel much the first two days any way as one of them is the arrival day, then we are going to SD the next day. I also plan on checking in to the GC as early as possible (knowing the room may not be ready for a while but I can't wait to get there!!!). The only thing that looks like it may give us some problems is possibly the parking. Alot of the reviews mentioned a small parking lot.

Just wondering if any DISer's have stayed here and what your opinions were. TIA!!

Sosai X
04-11-2007, 02:24 AM
I've stayed there my past 2 trips. Good, clean rooms. Nice staff. The pool is smaller than other places, but nice. Make sure to ask for a room in the front building. Top floor is best. Free wireless internet too. :thumbsup2

mikayla73
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info.

Why ask for a room in the front of the building? DL views? Did you have any issues with parking?

Sosai X
04-11-2007, 10:15 PM
The back building is farther to walk :rotfl2: . I like the front building because if you are on the top floor you can see the higher fireworks. I didnt have a car when i was there but there have always been empty spots to park.

mikayla73
04-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Well that makes sense! LOL ... thanks!:banana:

Baloo2003
04-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I stayed here last June. Room was clean. The bedspreads and carpet looked fairly new. I had a small issue with the airconditioner. It was loud. They are window units that are over the bathroom sink. That was fine with me, but the motor was loud and the cover rattled. I took the cover off on day one and put it back on the morning I left.

I would stay there again, cause if I'm not in a Disney Hotel, I don't care about anything else. I got in their pool and hottub once. It was fine. I don't usually use hotel pools, cause I am in the parks.

It was really convenient to walk to the parks. I didn't have a car either.

Oh, on garbage day, I woke up to the garbage trucks beeping behind the hotel.
Those are the 2 minor things I would mention. I would stay their again. They had coffemaker and microwave which was convenient for a quick breakfast in the room.

The lobby was fine and helpful when suggesting a place next door to print my return airline ticket. They also stored my luggage on the last day.

MATTERHORN
04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree with Baloo, if it's not Disney then they all pretty close to the same as long as they are close and clean. It is a super short walk, and you will be fine for 2 nights there. Also, along that strip I always ask to be close to the front like another poster suggested, those hotels can stretch back quite a ways!!

Andrea

mikayla73
04-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't really care that much about the hotel either, it just needs to be a clean place to sleep and shower. I hate to wish my DL vacation away already, but I can't wait for the first two nights to get over so I can get to the GCH!

Leofoenget
04-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Has anyone stayed here? It has a pretty good location on Harbor (next to Denny's) so it is close to the crosswalk to DL. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, and they were mostly good. The pool area looks a little small and I know it doesn't have breakfast, but we are only staying there two nights before moving to the GC for the rest of our stay. :cloud9: We won't be hanging out at the hotel much the first two days any way as one of them is the arrival day, then we are going to SD the next day. I also plan on checking in to the GC as early as possible (knowing the room may not be ready for a while but I can't wait to get there!!!). The only thing that looks like it may give us some problems is possibly the parking. Alot of the reviews mentioned a small parking lot.

Just wondering if any DISer's have stayed here and what your opinions were. TIA!!

It's fine no breakfast like the Park Place Inn 4 doors down, but same price. I go with the BWPPI.