PDA

View Full Version : Summer Cruising Question

joyful
01-01-2002, 12:06 PM
I need all of you cruising veterans to help me out here. I'm thinking of doing either the 4 night or the 7 night Western carib. in mid-late July.

I know that this is technically hurricane season but would like to know what peoples experiences were with the seas at this time?

I get myself so worked up over the fear of motion sickness. We just did the 3 day in December and while much of our time is docked in some Port, I will say the first night we left Port Canaveral had me a tad bit queasy.

So everyone, what do you think about cruising in the summer months?

Any input is appreciated.

Joy

Dave_from_Marietta
01-01-2002, 12:16 PM
Although Hurricane Season is officially from June 1 to November 30, the peak of activity seems to be from mid-August to mid-October.

duges
01-01-2002, 12:25 PM
that's good to know - we're going July 27th!!

inkkognito
01-01-2002, 02:00 PM
We have sailed every year since 1998 in the heart of hurricane season and have had uncanny luck...one year, we sailed the week right between two of them!!! You may notice rougher waters, but hopefully not too bad. It's common to be queasy the first night due to the gulf stream. We have two more cruises booked in hurricane season in 2002. If there is any danger, Disney will change the itinerary. Also, I've heard that if the seasickness pills don't work, there is a shot you can get from the medical center (the pills are free but the shot costs extra...probably well worth it).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

SingingMom
01-01-2002, 07:14 PM
We sailed 7/14 - calm waters, gorgeous weather, one little drizzle. It really was a fantastic time to visit the islands - it wasn't unbearably hot, but very tropical! No signs of any hurricane activity!:cool:

ChiTownZee
01-02-2002, 09:12 AM
We live w/ hurricane season every year down here, and I pretty much ignore it until around sept.

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
01-02-2002, 11:41 AM
My family will also be cruising on the July 27, 2002 Magic. Until then I will be praying that there are no hurricane complications.

Duges, maybe I'll see you on board. :)

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
Memphis, TN

:earsgirl:

ldb1030
01-02-2002, 12:01 PM
See you on board!! We are also cruising July 27, 2002!
We sailed the same time in 2000 and had no weather problems what-so-ever!:)

mmouse37
01-02-2002, 12:27 PM
We have sailed DCL three times already in July. All three times we had great weather and calm seas!!! We went the 1st, 2nd, and 4th weeks of July.

MJ