PDA

View Full Version : disney character autographs

Vickie46
04-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I would love to bring a pillow case and have it autographed.. has anyone else ever done this?? We have done a 11x14 matte frame.... but I think she would like the pillow case?? I know I will need fabric markers.. and probably like some card board to put under it when they sign?? I would love some advice if someone else has done this.. thanks.

snomofinn
04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
:cool1: I've never done a pillow case but I've done a tee shirt. You need a special kind of marker for clothing. Over the washings, the autographs will fade a bit. It's been about 4 years since we did that and my daughter still uses the tee shirt to sleep in, but you can't read any of the names anymore.:sad1:

mommapoppins
04-09-2007, 08:33 PM
:cool1: I've never done a pillow case but I've done a tee shirt. You need a special kind of marker for clothing. Over the washings, the autographs will fade a bit. It's been about 4 years since we did that and my daughter still uses the tee shirt to sleep in, but you can't read any of the names anymore.:sad1:

I know alot of people do this on the cruises. I think it might be more difficult in the parks - but definitely doable. You can get fabric markers at Walmart, and just put a piece of cardboard or a clipboard inside. Just make sure to have it ready before you get to the characters. Have fun!

Vickie46
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
well.. I would only use it at the character meals... I wouldn't carry it anywhere else.. what do you think?

Ratpack
04-10-2007, 12:36 AM
We did the Tshirt with sharpie markers. To keep the area tight enough for them to write on, we placed a cross stitching hoop on it- so we didn't need the cardboard underneath. After many, many washings, we can read the names a little bit- but they use them to sleep in now.

Vickie46
04-10-2007, 07:18 AM
that is a neat idea too!