PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports compared to other values...

quietgirll
04-07-2007, 04:34 PM
specifically Pop- Last year we stayed at the all star sports for one night (AKL for the rest of the trip), and we were very underwhelmed by it. It just seemed dirty, crowded, and uncomfortable. In particular, the beds were awful and not pleasant to sleep on at all. It let a bad taste in our mouths for values, and decided it probably wasnt something we would do again. However, with free dining being announced, I am trying to crunch the numbers, and financially, a value may be all we could afford. I have been looking around and find good reviews on Pop, but am still unsure. Are there any of you who have stayed at all star sports and another value and found that sports was in worse shape? maybe it was even the room we were given- i dont know. also, how are the buses at the others? we had 1 bad experience with the buses at sports, and since it was only the one day, we just drove the rest of the time we were there. any input, experiences, etc. would help. Thank you guys so much!!

:grouphug:

Donnask8pro
04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Is sports the oldest value resort? You never really hear anything about Sports.

canron
04-07-2007, 06:43 PM
sports is the oldest of the allstar resorts..we have been staying there for 7 to 8 years..we seen all the resorts (value) being built..they are fine tthey are refurbed all the time ,,paintee new matresses,new rugs the whole thing..we were in music in mar. this year.going to sports,in may for a 4 day get away,,you will be fine ,they are clean and well kept..

quietgirll
04-07-2007, 06:49 PM
i think it may be...and i think thats a lot of the problem- just older, and not really kept up well. :confused3

CanadianGuy
04-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Pop is relatively new (by comparison) and lots of people prefer it.

You might want to give it a try.

Or All Star Music has just refurbed a BUNCH of rooms.. so you could try that.

Knox

quietgirll
04-07-2007, 07:06 PM
thanks a lot canadian guy! i think that is what we are going to just go ahead and do...pop will be my first choice, and if we cant get that, we'll look at music! im feeling better about the decision already after looking at more of these threads...thanks everyone!

IluvKingLouis
04-07-2007, 07:21 PM
We had a newly refurbished room at the All Star Music last Jan, and the beds were very comfortable. Everything felt nice and new.

USC_Gamecocks
04-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I stayed at All Star Music in 2005. The rooms were small but all we did was sleep there. The food court was good. But hated the buses. They took forever to get there and when they did they where full. But everything else was great.

DisneyBarlans
04-10-2007, 11:13 PM
We have stayed at the Sports and the Movies, coming up on Pop in May. So far our favorite is Movies. Sports was very loud, with unchaperoned kids running around everywhere. I have heard several good things about Pop, and we also like the Love Bug section of Movies because it's quiet.

tkd lisa
04-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Many of the school groups stay at All Star Sports, particularly the Sports teams (seems obvious, huh?). We stayed there Spring break 06 and had some issues with that. After talking extensively to the front desk, we decided that Sports would be our last choice of value resort.

We've stayed at Pop Century a couple times since then, and haven't had any of the issues from Sports.

Pop Century has their own bus, where All Stars shares among the 3 resorts (at peak times, they do have buses for each). I thought the pools at Pop were much nicer than Sports (but we had college teams hogging the pools at Sports, so that probably colored my opinion).

Try Pop before giving up on the vaues.