PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade?

Mulan82
04-07-2007, 12:03 PM
ok. currently i am trying to schedule a trip to WDW from Sept 12-19. if the free DDP does come out, of course i will take advantage of that. i'm telling DBF that we should stay at a value to save some money ( we are trying to buy this townhouse..) , possibly POP. however, the one day that we are there, sept 15th is his 25th birthday. so i thought that maybe i would surprise him and let him think that we are staying at POP and then later on maybe upgrade to a moderate like POR if they have rooms left. we stayed at POR last year and he really liked it.

can i do that? book at one hotel and "upgrade" to another a few months later?

DisneyFans4
04-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Free dining plan starts on Aug. 26 and I don't know the exact date it ends in Sept but I think it's the week before your trip.

darlak
04-07-2007, 12:37 PM
It's rumored to run through Sept. 22nd. When I called to make my ADR's last week, they confirmed that's what they've heard as well.

limabeanmom2003
04-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, you can certainly change your resort after you book. however, there is no guarantee that they will have availability at the resort you want to upgrade to in a few months. If free dining is a success, many people may be booking and rooms may fill up fast. So, if I was you I would decide now where you want to stay and book that resort initially.