PDA

View Full Version : Beach club v Polynesian

magicmouse2
04-07-2007, 10:05 AM
We are doing a split stay with POR. I cant decide between these two. we have kids age 9,10,16. We have visited the Poly many times for meals and I love the theming. Is it worth choosing the beach club over the Poly because of Stormalong bay ? I love the theming and room decor of both resorts. We also have a hire car. We love swimming. We have watched wishes from the Poly before. We have eaten at the Boardwalk area but never visited Beach Club Area. We will be doing all parks during this stay also offsite maybe.

Gabrielle
04-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Given the ages of your kids, I would stay at the Beach Club for the slide at Stormalong Bay -- I think it's better than the one at the Poly.

Have a great trip! :)

Sammie
04-07-2007, 11:49 AM
I find the pool at Beach Club highly overated, it is beautiful but it is always so crowded and hard to find a place to sit.

I love the fact that the Polynesian pool is zero entry, overlooks the beach with a view of the castle.

Also the least desirable factor of the Epcot resorts is the fact that there is no place to get a decent counter service meal. Captain Cooks at the Polynesian is great.

Also the Polynesian just had a full rehab of rooms and that would be a major factor to me.

eliza61
04-07-2007, 12:19 PM
We adore the beach club (my kids are 16, 16 & 13) for a variety of reasons. The kids really love stromalong bay, we generally travel during the last week in August and never have a problem getting a beach chair. but I have heard this complaint before. I also enjoy the variety of restaurants. You have all of the broadwalk, cape may cafe, beaches and cream and Epcots world showcase within easy walking distance. My kids enjoy the boardwalk at night, even if all we do is stroll around and people watch. We don't do many counter service meals (if we do, we're usually in the parks) so whatever available at B & C is great.

johnnyr
04-07-2007, 01:39 PM
We have been to both. My kids (8 and 11) love SAB, but beg us to stay at the Poly. Both resorts are very nice. SAB would be perfect for your kids age, but the Volcano pool at the Poly is fun too. Sorry, I'm not being much help.

Tam1067
04-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Though we've never stayed at the Beach Club, I'd go Poly. The rooms are bigger and more recently refurbished. It's also got easy transportation with the Monorail to MK and within walking distance to Epcot's Monorail line. The pool is very nice, too, and as Sammie said, it's very convenient to have Captain Cook's available, especially if you've got kids.