PDA

View Full Version : Recent Opinions on Disney Movie Club?

2angelsinheaven
04-06-2007, 10:07 PM
There are quite a few Disney DVD's I want to buy and recently I got a code in the mail for 4 DVD's for $1 total and then a Bonus movie for $14.95 (counts towards commitment) and another for $9.95. So I figure that's $25 for six movies, if I have to buy 3 more at around $22 each and I wait for free shipping codes I figure for 9 movies I'll end up paying about $91 or $10.11 each, not bad. Am I working the numbers right?

Anyone have any opinions on the club, is it easy to CX the monthly mailing?

I want to get for the first shipment:
Dumbo
Robin Hood
Alice
Hercules
Hunchback
Pochahontas

All atleast $19.95 at Walmart/Target, so those alone would cost me $129 (including tax). Seems like a great deal, unless I'm missing something.

TIA! :thumbsup2

LisaNJ25
04-06-2007, 10:54 PM
There are quite a few Disney DVD's I want to buy and recently I got a code in the mail for 4 DVD's for $1 total and then a Bonus movie for $14.95 (counts towards commitment) and another for $9.95. So I figure that's $25 for six movies, if I have to buy 3 more at around $22 each and I wait for free shipping codes I figure for 9 movies I'll end up paying about $91 or $10.11 each, not bad. Am I working the numbers right?

Those are all $13 right now at costco.

Dumbo
Robin Hood
Alice
Hercules
Hunchback
Pochahontas

All atleast $19.95 at Walmart/Target, so those alone would cost me $129 (including tax). Seems like a great deal, unless I'm missing something.

Those are all $13 right now at costco.

2angelsinheaven
04-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Sadly we do not have a Costco here in Brevard, closest one is Orlando and then I would have to join.

I'mNoPrince
04-06-2007, 11:05 PM
I joined just for the same reason I have caught 2 free shippings with other discounts so I have 1 more to need to buy.

Then my understanding is the discounts increase even more.

I had 1 small issue with the upgrade they just went through and forgot to decline the Feature after trying for 2 days on-line. They shipped and charged me but corrected it with one call even credited mu account before i sent it back.

2angelsinheaven
04-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I'mNoPrince, how much have the commitment movies cost you? TIA!

I'mNoPrince
04-06-2007, 11:43 PM
I'mNoPrince, how much have the commitment movies cost you? TIA!

They have been the $22 but then I get a few more at the 1/2 off + free shipping so they are under $12 when all is said and done.

RNLUVSDISNEY
04-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I have been a movie club member for almost 3 years now. My biggest frustration has been new releases. They are not available through the movie club for MONTHS. I am still waiting to get the new Peter Pan DVD. It's great if you want to buy older movies and definetely a good deal when you sign up, but now I mostly want to buy new movies and they are rarely cheaper and you have to wait soooo long for them to be available.

KarenAylwood
04-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Dumbo
Robin Hood
Alice
Hercules
Hunchback
Pochahontas

Yep, you're doing the math right. I used the same code about two years ago when I joined. I fulfilled my commitment within a few months and calculated that I spent an average of about $11.00 on each DVD incl shipping. I haven't bought much lately as I've been trying to cut my spending but plan to buy more in the future.

I get movies the day they come out in stores so I didn't join the club for new releases. I understand the frustration that the new ones don't become available very soon for those using the club for that.

The only time I had to deal with customer service was in October when I forgot to decline a featured title. I never ended up getting the package (I think it was stolen off my doorstep) and I called saying I never received it, but was planning on sending it back and eating the cost of the shipping anyway. The woman told me that she would just refund me the entire amount since I never received the package, and it was posted to my account within a day! :)

I'mNoPrince
04-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I just rent from RedBox for a $1 per night on the new releases. It gives me a better idea if I need to buy them or not at a later date.

patchchild
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Disney Visa members just got a good offer in the mail. 5 movies for $1.00, no shipping or handeling. You need to buy 4 more, but can buy 2 with the initial memberships for $14.99 and $9.99, also no shipping.

7 movies, $26.00, with only two more to buy in two years. Not bad!

2angelsinheaven
04-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Patchchild can this code be used more than once I would love to use this one.