PDA

View Full Version : Another POFQ vs CSR dilemma!!

Newbie2
04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I thought I posted this but can't find it. I have been scouring these threads getting all info on POFQ and CSR (thank you Buzz). Decided to stay at CSR.

Called 407-WDISNEY and they had no avail at CSR for my dates (which are not flexible), but Travelocity has avail rooms for $300 more. 407 had POFQ avail.

Question is do I stay at POFQ or pay the extra $$ and stay at resort I want. Since we are not doing a meal plan that $300 could be used towards meals.

Secondary question, are there offsite restaurants near either POFQ or CSR?

disneycake
04-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Do you have AAA or a code for the time you are going that could be applied to your dates?

Do you have a car? Otherwise I find offsite restaurants are the same price by the time you factor in the cost of a cab to get there and back.

minijeanie
04-06-2007, 09:07 PM
I would never pay $300 more for POFQ ...

keep looking around ....CSR hopefully will open up
when are you going?

I have stayed at both resorts and yes I prefer CSR but not for $300 more

Newbie2
04-06-2007, 11:47 PM
disneycake we plan on renting a car. I like having the freedom to come and go as I want. The rate from 407 was less my AAA discount. Does travelocity accept AAA discounts??? Hmm, must call to find out.

minijeanie we are going the first week of Nov. The rep believes there is a conf that week. If I booked with travelocity, CSR would be $300 more than Disney's rate. I just can't justify paying the $300.

Buzz2001
04-07-2007, 06:45 AM
CSR will release rooms that convention attendees do not book in time. Keep trying and good luck.

3jsmommy
04-07-2007, 08:23 AM
I loved POFQ, the pool was great, the rooms were nice & the boat to DTD was so easy! I am really picky about hotels (I would rather spend more on a nice one than stay longer at a budget motel) & I ,was a little wary about POFQ, but I was so glad we stayed there. Its a great value! We are staying at VWL this time, but I would totally go back, maybe POR. The whole convention thing would turn me off to CS. But honestly never tried it!

skipperkim
04-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Since I've stayed at both I can say that CSR is not worth $300 from Travelocity. I'd take the room at POFQ for now. If a room does open up at CSR then you could get it. But personally, I'd choose POFQ just because it is a smaller resort and it has it's own bus stop at MK in the evening. The good thing about WDW is there is a resort for everyone.

Newbie2
04-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks all. I've decided to book POFQ for now and hope something opens up. But if not, kinda looking forward to the boat ride to DTD.