PDA

View Full Version : has anyone stayed in Fiji longhouse at Poly

Disney grandma
04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Wondering how the views are on either side of Fiji and if this is a noisy area

Mermaid4me
04-06-2007, 03:01 PM
We stayed there last year. We had requested Samoa, but we got Fiji instead. Our balcony view was of the lagoon and wedding pavillion. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and we had only paid for a garden view. It was a short walk to the GCH and the Volcano pool. We were in LOVE from the minute we got there. That being said, this year we are on a much tighter budget so it is 2 rooms at POP for us. Still it will be Disney and we will still have SOOO much fun. Hope this helps.

Mermaid4me:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

POP May 07
POLY 06
CR 05
ASMO 01
Disneyland 92
Offsite 86
CR 79

Mermaid4me
04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Ps It was not noisy except you could occasionally hear fireworks and the Luau. That just made us feel like we were really in FIJI!!!!!!

Mermaid4me:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Bride In The Attic
04-06-2007, 03:37 PM
We stayed on the side of Fiji that faces the marina and volcano pool and it is one of our favorite GDN view locations. We were on the 3rd floor and could see all the way to the CR and some of the ELP that goes by at night. It was not noisy. It did not feel like a GDN view room at all and if we weren't staying CL this year I'd request it again! :)

Marthasor
04-06-2007, 07:03 PM
We stayed Fiji, 3rd floor marina side and absolutely LOVED IT! We had a view of the marina, pool and Space Mountain! It was not noisy at all and if we ever go back to the Poly I would not hesitate to request Fiji again. I too can't believe they still consider these rooms garden view! Lucky us, for now!!

baileygirlsmom
04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
This will be our 3rd year in a row there on the marina side, we love the location and the view is very nice on either side!

lovmy2girls
04-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Its our most favorite longhouse, and we have been lucky enough to have stayed there everytime but once, when it was under rehab.

We like the first floor cove side. Its great just to be able to walk outside and take a few steps to the beach and watch the fireworks. We usually have the beach to ourselves, which is nice. Its a short walk to the GCH and the boat to the MK if thats the way you wish to travel sometimes.

The only noise is from the Luau, which you can't even really hear if your sliding door is closed. No traffic walking by your room unless its from the Luau.

I know a lot of people like Somoa, but the crowds outside your room and noise to us seems a little to much. But most people don't mind or even notice.

IMHO, you can't go wrong with either side and the location is ideal.

Disney grandma
04-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Glad to hear so many positive responses. Our first year at Disneyworld we stayed at the Polynesian in 1974 and I believe it was at Fiji. I will definitely request it when we go back to the Poly this year.

Seahunt
04-06-2007, 09:39 PM
If you haven't been to tikiman's fantastic Poly website (all Poly, all the time!), here's a link to his Figi longhouse info:

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/fiji.html

Scroll down when you get on his site to see all the photos of the Poly Fiji section and his comments about the different room views, etc.

:goodvibes

TinkerBelle_325
04-06-2007, 11:25 PM
We stayed in the Fiji longhouse in August 2006 and LOVED it. We were on the marina side 2nd floor. There was no noise, and we felt the location was perfect. It was a short walk to The Great Ceremonial House, the monorail platform and the Volcano Pool. We are requesting Fiji again for our Aug 2007 trip :goodvibes You'll love it.