PDA

View Full Version : Concierge vs DDP (Premium) & YC vs Poly?

Graingerboy
04-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I have an upcoming vacation to the YC Concierge level and I have also purchased the DDP (Premium). I have visited many boards and noticed that no one even talks about this DDP. I selected this plan simply for the added benefits since we will be doing various dinner shows, character dining, etc.. but, now I am having 2nd thoughts about it since we could utilize the lounge to grab something in the morning when we aren't doing a character breakfast. Also, I don't have to worry about points and keeping up with what we have or haven't used. Has anyone ever used this plan?
I have selected the YC b/c we have stayed here before and we love the pool area and will be at the resort during most of our stay but, I have been reading so much about the Poly and now I am second guessing myself on this choice as well. Does the Poly pool even remotely compare to the YC's pool?
Help...:confused:

Alicnwondrln
04-06-2007, 01:08 PM
The YC is part of the Storm along bay pool and its great. The poly is fun but the YC is way better. There is tons to do in that area with teh Boardwealk right there, you can walk to Epcot and MGM. I have not used the PP but its ALOT of food.

Also you get some great perks with this plan. You can go see Cirque Du Soleil, you can go on unlimited tours which are very cool. Also unlimited golf, fishing, water sports, and tennis.

Also the preferred viewing area for the fireworks.

marmar
04-06-2007, 02:08 PM
You didn't say anything about children & ages.

If you are Epcot/Nightlife Centric Yacht Club is best place to be. If you want Proximity to MK or are a Monorail junky(DH is one) then Poly is awesome.

We have stayed at both several times and where we stay is mostly matched with what we are planning on focusing on that trip. Poly grounds are one of the most beautiful places in all WDW.... But we seem to stay more often in YC/BC. It's just more convenient for us as we eat at an Epcot or Boardwalk restaurant most nights.

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
04-06-2007, 02:08 PM
If you're only looking at the premium DDP for the breakfast credits, and you already get breakfast food in the concierge level, this is sort of redundant. But if you are going premium for the other perks, or if money is not an issue, then get both. Why not?

Graingerboy
04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes, I have a 2yr old and 6yr old. We are staying for 6nights/7days and plan on visiting each park so, we don't need to be in a specific area.
Do you happen to know how the pool at Poly rates compared to YC SAB?

Alicnwondrln
04-06-2007, 02:20 PM
the SAB is better
we usually do the DDP and club level this way we have drinks, snacks and breakfast in the lounge and the DDP for everything else
we usually have DDP left over but we buy some snacks and bring them home

PlainJane
04-06-2007, 04:46 PM
I've stayed at both the Poly and the YC, never on CL though. While I love SAB, it's not really a deciding factor for me, just because it normally closes so early and is generally very crowded. I prefer the Poly for its transportation options and rooms. But if your decision is based on the pool, no the poly's pool doesn't hold a candle to SAB, it's a very nice pool though.

Cass
04-06-2007, 05:18 PM
I did the Platinum Plan with concierge and it was overkill, we had tons of meal credits at the end. Also, with being able to dine in the sit down restaurants it cut into our park time. The kids were getting tired of the sit down longer meals preferring a snack type meal on the go.

We enjoyed the lounge so much (AKL) for breakfast that we didn't want to go to restaurants for breakfast.

I would seriously reconsider the Preminum Plan and concierge at the same time, doing one or the other.

Elitravelor
04-07-2007, 07:20 AM
We stayed at the Poly and BC--concierge level and our kids loved the BC but they were older. I think the Poly is much better with kids your age for transportation and proximity to MK. Also the pool area at the BC was very crowded and often had to be closed due to lightning. ( we are summer visitors) The pool at the poly is fun with a slide and just more magical. We are doing BWI this time but we almost did the Poly.