PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch Wishes

Allisonjane
04-06-2007, 09:54 AM
We have an ADR for Kona Cafe at 6:50 and Wishes is at 9pm that evening, we would like to watch it from the beach but which resort would we get the best view, Poly or GF? also which resort has the nicest grounds and looks the prettiest at night?

arielsleepingbeauty
04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Watching it from the beach at Poly would be an absolute sight.You would be looking at it straight ahead.

DisneyFans4
04-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Since you will already be at the Kona Cafe then I would watch Wishes from the Poly beach. It is absolutely beautiful and the perfect spot! The music from the show will also be piped in.

Kimi313
04-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Try to get down to the beach at Poly early to grap a couple of chairs or if your lucky a hammock, but those usually go fast. Sit back and enjoy the fireworks and the music.:cloud9:

pamouselover
04-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Please try to watch wishes from the magic Kingdom park also,the bridge to tommorowland is the best spot.
It is very magical!

jamounger
04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I hope I can get a seat or a hammock, I am staying there and would be very dissapointed to have paid for that resort and not get the benefit of watching the fireworks from the beach. Do we need to go down extra early to get a place to sit, I would think we should get first shot at the seats.

Allisonjane
04-06-2007, 11:32 AM
We will watch them again at Magic Kingdom later in the week so that we can also see Spectro Magic, but i wanted to watch them from a resort as i have never seen the water pageant and wanted to watch that aswell.
Our ADR is at 6:50 and there are 7 of us, do you think we will be finished in time to get a seat? I will be in my wedding dress so i can't see me getting into a hammock

DisneyFans4
04-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Congrats on your marriage! What a wonderful place to have a wedding!
The beach can get very crowded because it seems like people come from everywhere because they too want to see the water parade. I would just get there early.

WillCAD
04-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I hope I can get a seat or a hammock, I am staying there and would be very dissapointed to have paid for that resort and not get the benefit of watching the fireworks from the beach. Do we need to go down extra early to get a place to sit, I would think we should get first shot at the seats.

Since you're staying at Poly, there is a simple and easy solution - take a small folding chair with you, such as those that parents take to sporting events. Then you are guaranteed to get a seat.

Soccer Princess
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, taking a folding chair on a plane is easy.. ? I don't think so...

I agree with jamounger. I realize that Polynesian is a great place to view things, but I am not going to be happy if I have to stake out a spot an hour ahead of time at my resort that I am paying quite a bit for.

OP -- Yes, the Polynesian is a great spot to watch wishes. You can also take a leisurely walk to the GF if you wish. :) Have a great time!

Marty Joe
04-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Allisonjane,
Your doing the same thing we did several years ago. We ate at Kona and our waitress asked us if we were going to watch the fireworks from the beach. We didn't know about the beach/fireworks thing, so we followed her directions and fell in love with the Polynesian. Now, thanks to that waitress (and Tikiman), the Polynesian is the only resort we go to. As for the chairs, I don't believe we have ever used them to watch the fireworks/EWP, but if there are some available - use them... :thumbsup2

pamouselover
04-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Oh so glad! did not want you to miss what wishes is liek standing next to the castle.

FSUDisneyGirl
04-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Discovered my favorite place to watch Wishes last time I was there!

My boyfriend and I were eating in Tomorrowland (near the loud waterfall)...we had a great view of the castle...but when the fireworks started we could only see bright flashes of color...no fireworks! :confused3 We finished our food quickly and walked toward Fantasyland...and watched the fireworks right by the Winnie the Pooh ride. AMAZING!!! :banana: There are fireworks on both sides, and it was so much fun! :love: