PDA

View Full Version : SOG bus questions

crcurton
04-06-2007, 07:43 AM
We'll be staying at SOG for the 1st time in June. We usually stay at POFQ. I know we'll probably take the monorail at the Poly to MK and Epcot, but I'm not sure how the bus system works to AK and MGM, and DTD. Can someone explain? Thanks!

tinkerkel2u
04-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Congratulations on staying at the SOG, you're gonna love it! :cool1:

SOG has their own busses that go to Animal Kingdom and MGM, which is pretty cool, so you don't have to go to the TTC. I can't remember when they run, every hour, or every half hour. You'll need to check the schedule when you check in. It's really nice, because you don't have to worry about hitting all the other resorts on the line.

I think the SOG DTD bus dosen't start running until around 6:00 pm. If you want to go any earlier than that, you'll need to go to the TTC, and catch a bus from there.

The busses always run like clockwork, and I've never been disappointed in them.

Also, if you're feeling energetic, you can walk to the Poly to catch the monorail, it's not that long, and pretty relaxing. There is a sidewalk that takes you right to the Poly (except you have to cross the road). I like to walk there in the evenings and watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. :rotfl:

I hope you enjoy your stay, it's a very nice place! Stop at the Eagle Lounge and say hi to Carlos, he makes a mean Pina Coloda (for only about $4, what a bargain!)

Leleluvsdis
04-06-2007, 11:35 AM
It's sort of confusing to figure out, but when you check in they will give you a schedule, and there is also one posted at the bus stop downstairs. Be sure to be a few minutes early for the buses, they are very punctuall!!!

caseywirth
04-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Never had a problem with the busses at SOG. If you have the bus schedule you won't have a problem! I think they are better than the disney busses in fact!!:cool1:

crcurton
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks!! I know who to ask when I have more questions!