PDA

View Full Version : Tokelau or Samoa at the Poly?

chelle11
04-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Hello! My family will be doing a split stay at the Poly and the AKL in 10 more days! This is our first time! Grandma, Grandpa, Myself, my husband and our three kids ages almost 3, 5, and 7.

My question...which building at the Poly should we request? Samoa or Tokelau? We want non-smoking. I think we would like to request a ground floor. Would the Samoa have more traffic going by our room? Would we like it because we would be closer to the Volcano pool? Which has a prettier view?

Thanks for any input?

Michelle

rcraw45425
04-06-2007, 08:45 AM
We were in Samoa, volcano pool side third floor. The view was very nice. I could see where there might be a lot of foot traffic outside your room with a ground floor room, however. THat pool is quite busy.

vbarry
04-06-2007, 08:46 AM
We were also on Samoa third floor with the pool view. We loved this area. Very close to the main pool and a nice view!

Marty Joe
04-06-2007, 08:46 AM
chelle11,

Every longhouse at the Poly will be a great time. I have stayed at Samoa/Vlocano side many times and loved it - great view of Grand Floridian, close to both pools and the GCH. People traffic will not be an issue. I have not stayed at Tokelau but other adventurers rave about it. Don't overlook Fiji, it too has great views (CR/marina or Luau Cove) and is close to the GCH. Your only issue will be leaving the Poly! For everything you need to know about the Poly, wisit www.tikiman2001.net...

:beach:

LeahA
04-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Hello!

We were at the Poly last week! We were in the Samoa building, 1st floor. Our room was 1601, it was at the end of the hallway closest to the pathway to go to Captain Cooks. We had a view of the Volcano pool and gardens. We loved this location, we sat on our patio at night and if we moved into the grass a little bit we could see the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.

Have fun! It's a great resort!

TJA
04-06-2007, 09:17 AM
We stayed at Poly in February in Samoa 3rd floor facing volcano pool. We loved it. I can't comment on the noise/traffic because we went during slow season and it was very cold so people weren't in the pool. Needless to say, it was very quiet! Here are 2 pictures of our view if it helps you decide.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/tjaphotos/100_0099.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/tjaphotos/100_0098.jpg

ConcKahuna
04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
I prefer Tokelau myself. It puts you closer to the TTC for the Epcot monorail, and is a little closer to the bus stop. It's also right next to the quiet pool, and a very short walk to the volcano pool and the GCH. The rooms are also a little bigger in Tokelau than the ones in Samoa.

CoolPool
04-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Quote: We stayed at Poly in February in Samoa 3rd floor facing volcano pool. We loved it. I can't comment on the noise/traffic because we went during slow season and it was very cold so people weren't in the pool. Needless to say, it was very quiet! Here are 2 pictures of our view if it helps you decide. unquote

Awesome shots TJA!!! Thanks for the heavenly view!

Tam1067
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Last year when we went, Tokelau was not renovated, so we requested Samoa. We liked the location, but we were on the 2nd floor, which means we didn't have a balcony.

This year, I've requested either Tokelau or Samoa. I'll be happy with either, though I really hope we get a balcony.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. The Poly is such a wonderful resort, and it's not nearly as large as it appears to be in maps.

BCV23
04-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Since you will have two rooms, I think your chances of getting the building you request will be greater if you ask for Tokelau. It has so many more rooms in it.

Besides having larger rooms, all rooms in tokelau have either a balcony or patio. As someone said, second flor Samoa rooms do not.

The views will be lovely from both buildings. The grounds are incredibly beautiful.

kaysmommie
04-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Either location will be good but Samoa will be noisier with more foot traffic walking by and also you can hear pool noise a bit. Tokelau is a bit quieter and has larger rooms and balcony or patios on every floor. It was being renovated when I was at Poly.

Marthasor
04-06-2007, 08:14 PM
We love the Poly and I don't think you can go wrong with any of the longhouses. We stayed in Fiji, 3rd floor marina side and it was wonderful! We also took a trip with Grandma and had two rooms. We were lucky enough to get connecting rooms which really helped - kids were able to go back and forth to play with Grandma and also helped in keeping our plans together, etc. I would suggest that when you make your requests you put connecting rooms before your selected longhouse. I think I would request:

1) non-smoking
2) connecting rooms (don't ask for adjoining because you may get rooms that are next to each other but with no internal door connecting them)
3) first floor
4) choice of longhouse (again, I think you will be happy with any of them!)

I guess it just depends on family dynamics, but I just found that having that connecting room made a world of difference in our vacation, being able to spend time together and even being able to keep track of where everyone was! Have a good trip!