PDA

View Full Version : AKL Concierge

ang38
04-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi,
I was recently booked a room at AKL concierge level. I was told that deluxe rooms weren't available yet, so they reserved a Standard club level room. What the heck is that? It's around $110 a night less than a deluxe club level! Is it the size of the room or the view? The room for May comes to $380 a night instead of $490. Anyone know so my mind can rest?
Thanks!!

SharonLowe
04-06-2007, 05:24 AM
Size of the room

ang38
04-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Wow!! So it's $110 more just for a bigger room?
That's crazy!!

WendyisDarling
04-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi,
I was recently booked a room at AKL concierge level. I was told that deluxe rooms weren't available yet, so they reserved a Standard club level room. What the heck is that? It's around $110 a night less than a deluxe club level! Is it the size of the room or the view? The room for May comes to $380 a night instead of $490. Anyone know so my mind can rest?
Thanks!!
So, the implication is that eventually there will be deluxe rooms for AKL CL? I'm trying to figure this out.
I thought the deluxe sized room was a good fit for our family. How much smaller is the standard?

ang38
04-06-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm going to answer my own thread....I called AKL and they spoke to concierge for me and get this...Standard club level rooms are located on the 4th floor!!! The concierge is on the 6th floor!! Who wants to stay 2 levels down from the concierge? I guess with the building of the DVC units, they're cutting down on Deluxe rooms for concierge. Nice way to ruin a great hotel!!:sad2:

WendyisDarling
04-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm going to answer my own thread....I called AKL and they spoke to concierge for me and get this...Standard club level rooms are located on the 4th floor!!! The concierge is on the 6th floor!! Who wants to stay 2 levels down from the concierge? I guess with the building of the DVC units, they're cutting down on Deluxe rooms for concierge. Nice way to ruin a great hotel!!:sad2:

ITA! :sad2: I asked about this on another thread and was given the same info. about the 4th floor. I can't understand it. If all the 6th floor rooms (and 5th floor???--unsure) will be DVC and only a handful of those will be CL, how is that going to work? LY we were on the 5th floor and walking through the halls and then going to the 6th floor was not very convenient for grabbing a coffee or whatever and we didn't use it much. IPO was great though. :)
We are in beginning stage of planning a trip. Everyone wants AKL CL deluxe room. The idea of standard size room on 4th floor has us reconsidering the resort.

ang38
04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
The woman at AKL said that right now there are no rates given for deluxe concierge...she said that most likely it's just do to them not being released yet. My travel agent feels that it will be a matter of time and they will be released. I could only guess that if they took a whole wing of deluxe from the 5th and 6th floor then they are trying to make up for it by opening up 4th floor standard rooms to concierge. But..who wants to go up 2 floors to the lounge? Almost not worth the extra money $110 to do so and there's no guarantee of a savanna view room either!

This also happened to us for Cont.. but they opened up w/i a week of trying. So lets just wait and see what happens.

The size of the room .....a deluxe offers 2 queens and a daybed / one queen a bunk and a daybed./ a king and a daybed (sleeps 5)
A standard is 2 queens/ 1 king and a daybed / 1 queen and a bunk..I think (sleps 4)

That's all I have for now. If I get mine I will post as soon as it happens. I was told that last year rates for May didn't come out till May of the year before...

ang38
04-06-2007, 10:12 AM
This just in:

DVC has taken over the entire 5th floor, and will also get the 6th, where there are currently only Deluxe rooms. The Concierge rooms are called "Standard Concierge" but I have an email from Juanita at AKL guaranteeing me that all of the Concierge rooms are Savannah view. They are scattered through the resort, and not located in any particular area. These rooms are NOT on the 5th or 6th floor though; up there they only had the Deluxe rooms.

So it looks like once the DVC bookings open up(first travel dates in September of 2007), there will no longer be the option to book concierge rooms on the 6th floor unless you are a DVC member.

NICE HUH!!!!

MagicFam5
04-06-2007, 10:28 AM
We're heading to AKL tomorrow. I have two deluxe rooms on CL booked. I requested Arusha Savanna, Kudu or Zebra Trail. My rooms are guaranteed connecting cause my 6 kids outnumber me! We'll see how all this goes. We'll be checking in around 11:00am.
I have been assigned the 6th floor rooms before and turned them down because the view was not very good. The rooms looked out on the Sunset Savanna side and the overhang really obstructed the view. Walking down Kudu Trail, up the elevator to the 6th might not have been convienient...but the view from our room was what we were there for.
The IPO has really helped me out a lot. We are part of a Grand Gathering and the GG office has made so many mistakes I haven't used them in months! Yeah Dan and Juanita!!!
And no, I'm not happy with the loss of the deluxe rooms because we are normally a family of five and book deluxe every time. We'll see how things go...

ang38
04-06-2007, 10:43 AM
When I go online I can get a deluxe cl room up till Sept..but after that I can only book a suite! I can't understand how they can take over an entire floor or floors..doesn't make much sense.
I'm leaving my reservations for now.I have a whole year to see what happens.
When you get there, maybe you can check it out in person and see where the DVC units are being built. Can't see why they would ruin the Arusha savanna and have construction going on there.Please get back to us. I think there is a lot of misinformation going around also. When something doesn't make sense..it's usually wrong!!!
Thanks!! and

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!:cheer2:

MagicFam5
04-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks! We're soooo excited to be going! I'll post when we get back about anything I find out while we're there. Gotta pack...

ang38
04-06-2007, 11:14 AM
That'll be great!!! Have fun!!

wasabi girl
04-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Has anyone been to the "standard club level rooms" or whatever the heck they are calling it....I was thinking of doing concierge with DH on a quick trip for a few days this fall but if the lounge is inconvenient, rooms are small, I'm not sure it is worth it...except that I really want to do the sunrise safari. I'm sure theAKL DVC thing is probably a good idea, it is certainly the only one that I'd consder buying into...but...I think it isn't so good for the hotel at the same time. Thanks in advance for any experiences!

SharonLowe
04-09-2007, 05:50 AM
Has anyone been to the "standard club level rooms" or whatever the heck they are calling it....I was thinking of doing concierge with DH on a quick trip for a few days this fall but if the lounge is inconvenient, rooms are small, I'm not sure it is worth it...except that I really want to do the sunrise safari. I'm sure theAKL DVC thing is probably a good idea, it is certainly the only one that I'd consder buying into...but...I think it isn't so good for the hotel at the same time. Thanks in advance for any experiences!

They are standard sized rooms but they aren't tiny. They just aren't designed to hold more than 4 adults. Since it is just 2 of you, you should be fine. As for the lounge being "inconvenient" it isn't moving from where it is and it is only a click on the elevator button to get from 4 to 6. No different than being on the 5th floor and having to use the elevator (or stairs) to get there. The view from the 6th floor rooms is awful so good for them to sell them to DVC members - almost nobody who booked CL wanted those rooms (and there were only a handful of rooms up there anyway). Seriously, I don't understand all the whining about "inconvenient." If you want to walk out of your room in your robe (and I really wish people wouldn't do that!) to get your coffee at the CL, then AKL has never been the place for you. (Oh, and they have coffee makers in the rooms so you don't need to do that)

While I am not thrilled that we are losing our deluxe rooms, remember that ordinary mortals can also rent DVC units if they are available.

wasabi girl
04-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Thank you!

ang38
04-09-2007, 08:12 AM
It's not really whining about the inconvenience..it is inconvenient! You could be walking miles to get from your room to the lounge at AKL! When you stay concierge it's usually a key card access to your floor. Meaning no-one who isn't concierge can access your floor and when you're on it, you can walk from your room to the lounge w/o having to deal with the general public. I wouldn't , by the way, walk to the lounge in my robe! Also, anyone who is on your floor is also a concierge guest paying what you are paying. They way they are setting up AKL concierge cheapens the meaning of concierge service! Your concierge cast members are NOT down the hall from you, but up 2 floors, the lounge is up 2 floors, the rooms are smaller. It's not the same experience as the other deluxe hotels concierge service. I feel they are taking away from the concierge guest the true feeling of a concierge service stay! " down from soapbox now"

d-hlaw
04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I dont feel bad about saying this..... the whole plan sucks!!! I stay at AKL about 3 times per year and have been having a hard time booking lately for upcoming trips. This explains alot. My favorite rooms are on the 6th floor, specifically the end unit 1 and 2 br suites with thatch roofs. Now I have to buy DVC to get those rooms??? I dont think so. The frustrating part is that many of us dont want to have to commit to DVC, and I certainly dont want to have to walk up 2 floors to get to the concierge lounge. I am not happy about this whole plan. And then they get a whole other building that is larger than the original too???? What the heck? Disney must be killing it with DVC sales............

pilferk
04-09-2007, 10:22 AM
The woman at AKL said that right now there are no rates given for deluxe concierge...she said that most likely it's just do to them not being released yet. My travel agent feels that it will be a matter of time and they will be released. I could only guess that if they took a whole wing of deluxe from the 5th and 6th floor then they are trying to make up for it by opening up 4th floor standard rooms to concierge. But..who wants to go up 2 floors to the lounge? Almost not worth the extra money $110 to do so and there's no guarantee of a savanna view room either!

This also happened to us for Cont.. but they opened up w/i a week of trying. So lets just wait and see what happens.

The size of the room .....a deluxe offers 2 queens and a daybed / one queen a bunk and a daybed./ a king and a daybed (sleeps 5)
A standard is 2 queens/ 1 king and a daybed / 1 queen and a bunk..I think (sleps 4)

That's all I have for now. If I get mine I will post as soon as it happens. I was told that last year rates for May didn't come out till May of the year before...

Just by way of info: Almost ALL the 5th (and all the 6th) floor rooms have been turned over to DVC for conversion. The site plans show VERY small areas of the 5th floor not turned over and I THINK they're all standard sized rooms (not deluxe).

Edit: Oh, it appears you got that info already.

pilferk
04-09-2007, 10:29 AM
When I go online I can get a deluxe cl room up till Sept..but after that I can only book a suite! I can't understand how they can take over an entire floor or floors..doesn't make much sense.
I'm leaving my reservations for now.I have a whole year to see what happens.
When you get there, maybe you can check it out in person and see where the DVC units are being built. Can't see why they would ruin the Arusha savanna and have construction going on there.Please get back to us. I think there is a lot of misinformation going around also. When something doesn't make sense..it's usually wrong!!!
Thanks!! and

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!:cheer2:

OK, there won't be any exterior construction for the conversion....so no need to worry about the Arusha savannah (or ruining the view). About all you may see is plastic sheeting covering the sliding glass doors or balconies (as 2 balconies get merged into one on the 1 BR units) on the rooms being converted.

The NEW building will actually be built over on the Sunset Savannah side of AKL, and a fair bit out from the lodge (you'll see it's vertical construction, but it's probably not close enough to most of the resort to HEAR it). You might hear interior construction, FYI, depending on where they're working and where your room is.

There IS some other construction (exterior) going on right now, at the end of Kudo trail. They're building a new animal barn. The small subset of rooms out there can both SEE and HEAR construction and, by all reports, it does compromise the view.

The conversion simply consists of a massive remodel of the most of the 5th floor rooms and all the 6th floor rooms. Sept sees the rooms on Zebra trail open, December sees the Kudo trail rooms open. Also keep in mind that DVC will start running the Concierge lounge around that time (and AKL will be paying them a fee for AKL concierge guests to continue to use it).

pilferk
04-09-2007, 10:33 AM
)

While I am not thrilled that we are losing our deluxe rooms, remember that ordinary mortals can also rent DVC units if they are available.

Or rent DVC AKV points and pay probably less then they are now. :) (And no, I don't rent my points.)

pilferk
04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
It's not really whining about the inconvenience..it is inconvenient! You could be walking miles to get from your room to the lounge at AKL! When you stay concierge it's usually a key card access to your floor. Meaning no-one who isn't concierge can access your floor and when you're on it, you can walk from your room to the lounge w/o having to deal with the general public. I wouldn't , by the way, walk to the lounge in my robe! Also, anyone who is on your floor is also a concierge guest paying what you are paying. They way they are setting up AKL concierge cheapens the meaning of concierge service! Your concierge cast members are NOT down the hall from you, but up 2 floors, the lounge is up 2 floors, the rooms are smaller. It's not the same experience as the other deluxe hotels concierge service. I feel they are taking away from the concierge guest the true feeling of a concierge service stay! " down from soapbox now"

By way of info, more than 1/2 the concierge rooms were on the 5th floor....and the 6th floor rooms views were the least in demand, by all reports, because of the view issues. It's not much different to walk from your 5th floor room to the elevator than it is to walk from your 4th floor room to the elevator. In addition, now ALL AKL concierge rooms will be savannah view, it looks like. That was not the case before....and you got what you got. You also are on the floor that, arguably, has the "best" savannah views: Close enough to get a more intimate view of the animals, but high enough up to get a broad expansive view of the savannah. Add to that list that you are now PAYING less for your room....there are some perks.

pilferk
04-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I dont feel bad about saying this..... the whole plan sucks!!! I stay at AKL about 3 times per year and have been having a hard time booking lately for upcoming trips. This explains alot. My favorite rooms are on the 6th floor, specifically the end unit 1 and 2 br suites with thatch roofs. Now I have to buy DVC to get those rooms??? I dont think so. The frustrating part is that many of us dont want to have to commit to DVC, and I certainly dont want to have to walk up 2 floors to get to the concierge lounge. I am not happy about this whole plan. And then they get a whole other building that is larger than the original too???? What the heck? Disney must be killing it with DVC sales............

I believe in the annual report it showed that DVC was the fastest growing business unit within the Disney corporation.

As for having to buy into DVC to get those rooms (the circular suites are, I think, being converted into Grand Villas), yes...that or rent points.

You don't have to "walk up 2 floors" to get to the lounge. You just need to walk to an elevator, much like those concierge guests who were staying on the 5th floor (and paying the same rate as those on the 6th floor) have had to do since the lodge's inception.

SharonLowe
04-10-2007, 06:03 AM

As I said in my reply, if you don't like not being on the same floor as the concierge lounge than the AKL has never been the resort for you. Most CL rooms at AKL have been on the 5th floor and always required an elevator trip up to the lounge. Even most of the 2 bedroom suites as well as the VP and Presidential suites are not on the 6th floor. I for one prefer it that way - I don't have to listen to the noise in the lounge and I get a better view. If you don't like it that way, stay someplace else. AKL has the best IPO and CL staff in all of WDW - they are what make it worth paying extra for the services. I sure am not paying the extra money for food and drinks in the lounge - I can get those a lot cheaper. My only concern with the conversion is that they not replace the IPO and CL staff. I'm happy to stay on the 4th floor as long as I get a savannah view room.

pilferk
04-10-2007, 06:49 AM
My only concern with the conversion is that they not replace the IPO and CL staff. I'm happy to stay on the 4th floor as long as I get a savannah view room.

I asked that exact same question....and was told that staff will remain, if they want to, but will be transferred to a new employer (in other words, same people, different division of the company).

Cass
04-10-2007, 07:13 AM
I stayed concierge in December on the 5th floor, I was told that eventually the Concierge Lounge would be the DVC lounge, and a new lounge would be built on the 4th floor somewhere (convert a few rooms?) for the concierge guests who would also stay on that floor. (standard rooms only)

AKL is my favourite hotel and I always stayed concierge (4 stays) 10 nights, 4 nights, 3 nights and 6 nights. We were always on the 5th floor with the Arusha view - I hate the DVC changes, it really has ruined things for me. I can't see myself going back now that DVC is taking over.

pilferk
04-10-2007, 07:29 AM
I stayed concierge in December on the 5th floor, I was told that eventually the Concierge Lounge would be the DVC lounge, and a new lounge would be built on the 4th floor somewhere (convert a few rooms?) for the concierge guests who would also stay on that floor. (standard rooms only)

AKL is my favourite hotel and I always stayed concierge (4 stays) 10 nights, 4 nights, 3 nights and 6 nights. We were always on the 5th floor with the Arusha view - I hate the DVC changes, it really has ruined things for me. I can't see myself going back now that DVC is taking over.

According to the documents filed with the state and county...that's not the case. It's clearly outlined in the legal filings that the Concierge lounge, on the 6th floor, will remain the AKL concierge lounge, but will be run by DVC. The lounge WILL NOT become, according the the declaration, a general "DVC lounge". It will strictly be used for AKL concierge and DVC concierge guests.

I'm sorry to hear you don't like the DVC changes. I would like to offer that there is a LOT of confusion and misinformation running rampant out there...so I'd say wait until you see what is actually implemented, or til you find out what all the plans really are, before you write off another stay at AKL. The only difference you should see is a smaller room, on the 4th floor, for less money.

d-hlaw
04-10-2007, 07:30 AM

I totally agree.... If they want a DVC resort then build a seperate building but dont take the best of this resort and hand it over. I shouldnt be punished because I choose not to commit to the disney timeshare. I actually spend more as a resort guest but prefer the freedom to choose when, where and how long or not at all. Looks like not at all may be more common......

pilferk
04-10-2007, 07:55 AM
I totally agree.... If they want a DVC resort then build a seperate building but dont take the best of this resort and hand it over. I shouldnt be punished because I choose not to commit to the disney timeshare. I actually spend more as a resort guest but prefer the freedom to choose when, where and how long or not at all. Looks like not at all may be more common......

Just to point out: "the best part of the resort", as you call it, was also the part most frequently unoccupied. That was one of the biggest factors, from what we've heard and can tell from the rumor and conjecture, that went into the decision. AKL's occupancy rates have not been as high as those at other Disney properties from the reports we've all heard...and in looking at the occupancy rates,it's rumored the deluxe rooms, and large number of suites, were the rooms with the lowest occupancy rates. Add to that the fact that Disney had just about sold out SSR, about a year sooner than projected, which means DVC needed something to sell relatively quickly, and you can see why they made the decision they did. Yes, it was driven, at least in part, by the bottom line.

I understand transition can be tough. But I think, in the end, this won't turn out to be nearly as "bad" as some people think it is. Change is hard, I'll grant you, especially to someplace you view as something of a "home". But I hope people will give the new AKL offerings a shot after the DVC conversion is done before passing judgement.

RachelTori
04-10-2007, 08:26 AM
I understand transition can be tough. But I think, in the end, this won't turn out to be nearly as "bad" as some people think it is. Change is hard, I'll grant you, especially to someplace you view as something of a "home". But I hope people will give the new AKL offerings a shot after the DVC conversion is done before passing judgement.

Well said -- ITA! :thumbsup2 I believe when all the construction is done, AKL & AKV will be AWESOME for DVCers and non-DVCers! :woohoo:

DisOrBust
04-10-2007, 08:44 AM
It will aways be bad for me since I have a family of 5. AKL is slaughtered for DVC and they in return can KMA we will go elsewhere to vacation.

drewmisha
04-10-2007, 12:05 PM
The statement, "The lounge WILL NOT become, according the the declaration, a general "DVC lounge". It will strictly be used for AKL concierge and DVC concierge guests."

How will they manage who gets into the Concierge lounge? Do you insert your room key to get into the lounge other than the elevator to 6th floor? How do the CM's ID the concierge guests vs. the DVC guests vs the DVC concierge guests? The reason I'm asking is if I pay a certain amount of money for the concierge exclusivity, I expect it. Thanks.

pilferk
04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
The statement, "The lounge WILL NOT become, according the the declaration, a general "DVC lounge". It will strictly be used for AKL concierge and DVC concierge guests."

How will they manage who gets into the Concierge lounge? Do you insert your room key to get into the lounge other than the elevator to 6th floor? How do the CM's ID the concierge guests vs. the DVC guests vs the DVC concierge guests? The reason I'm asking is if I pay a certain amount of money for the concierge exclusivity, I expect it. Thanks.

The same way they do it now...only concierge guests will have access to the 6th floor on the elevator.

All the 6th floor DVC rooms will be the "concierge" booking category for AKV...so if they're staying up there, thats what they've booked (much like all 6th floor AKL guests are staying concierge).

Those staying on the 4th floor AKL Concierge rooms will have access via the elevator...which will only go to the 6th floor if you swipe your room key (which is exactly the same setup you have now). That's the way it's always worked for 5th floor AKL concierge guests.

BCV23
04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Entry to the sixth floor is by elevator with your key. I imagine that will not change when DVC takes over the lounge. There are not many rooms on the 6th floor at all...I think I've seen the number 13?

It should be only DVC and AKL concierge guests in the lounge. Those staying in other rooms whether DVC or not will not have access. The CMs are right in the lounge and get to know the guests quickly at least by sight I think.

pilferk
04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I think I've seen the number 13?

The number I've seen is 15 rooms. 9 on the Sunset Savannah side of the lobby and 6 on the pool side of the lobby. Those will be converted into 5 2BR lockoffs (ie: a 1 BR and a studio DVC accomodation), 3 on the Sunset Savannah side and 2 on the pool side. I'm not sure if that's all correct or not...but it's the numbers being thrown around on the DVC sections.

In essence, you'd have a maximum of about 45 AKV guests using the concierge lounge at any one time (max occupancy on a 2 BR lockoff is 9), assuming they don't take a page out of the AKL book and designate a certain number of 5th floor accomodations as concierge, too.

BCV23
04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm sure you're right on the number floating around, pilferk.

And for what it's worth, I don't think most DVCers put 8 in the 2 BR. We usually have three if we have a one bedroom and four in a 2BR. So as pilferk said, 45 would be the max.

I'm sure it will all be wonderful.

And for those who have a family of five, there are still the other deluxe resorts. Now AKL will be like WL. There have also been posts that AKL was designed with the intent of creating DVC rooms on the 5th and 6th from the beginning.

pilferk
04-10-2007, 12:50 PM
And for what it's worth, I don't think most DVCers put 8 in the 2 BR. We usually have three if we have a one bedroom and four in a 2BR. So as pilferk said, 45 would be the max.

And for those who have a family of five, there are still the other deluxe resorts. Now AKL will be like WL. There have also been posts that AKL was designed with the intent of creating DVC rooms on the 5th and 6th from the beginning.

Yeah, in about 3 or 4 years, we'll start booking 2 BR's too, just so the two girls will have their "own" room and bathroom. There will be 5 of us....I think that's a pretty common config, though it IS nice that there is an "approved" occupancy of 5 in a 1 BR at AKV. :)

And heck, for those with families of 5 and who have no interest in DVC, you can always rent points from a DVC member to stay in an AKL 1 BR Savannah view. At $12 per point, it works out roughly to what you would pay, right now, for a deluxe svannah view room...and you get a LOT more room, + a full kitchen. Not too shabby an option, IMHO. (And again, no, I don't rent my points)

Cass
04-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Do those DVC rooms on 6 have stoves and laundry facilities in them? It would be awful to smell 'spring time Bounce and food cooking ' instead of the spicy aroma from the lobby. Hopefully they won't.

As for the lounge on 4, I can only reiterate that was what I was told in December by Jack when I asked about the standard concierge rooms on 4. That they would have some kind of lounge set up down there in the future.

Perhaps it won't be a full scale lounge but a quick place for coffee or soft drinks without the food. Time will tell.

BCV23
04-10-2007, 03:31 PM
The one BR side of the 2 BR lockoffs will have washer/dryers as well as stoves in them. However, laundry smells are nonexistent in the halls at BCV anyway so I wouldn't worry about that. And it's not as if people are constantly doing laundry.;)

As for cooking smells, I really don't think most people cook much if at all. I have occasionally smelled something as someone opens the doors to their villa but it is a momentary thing. I can't imagine it impacting your experience. It's not as if there are vents to the hallway.

Plus if you are coming from the 4th floor, you won't even pass the rooms after exiting the elevator on the 6th floor. No worries....be happy.

As for Jack's info, time will tell. I don't think DVCers would mind at all if more DVC rooms were opened to DVC concierge guests and there was a seperate lounge for other AKL guests. As it is now, getting a concierge DVC unit will be very hard to do.

Cass
04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry, I'm still miffed (as if you couldn't tell!) at my beloved AKL Concierge changing.

I've tried BC Concierge & WL Concierge but my heart belongs to AKL, I don't want to see people walking up with groceries and smell fish sticks cooking LOL this will just kill the exotic atmosphere there. IMO

You are right about the dryer vents, they would probably vent out onto the balconies not the interior halls., the giraffes will enjoy Spring fresh Fleecy.

BCV23
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
No, they don't vent to the balconies either I don't think. I would notice that smell.

You will not smell fish sticks unless you stand outside someone's door and wait for a door to open. Furthermore, I very much doubt many people cook fish sticks when all the great WDW restaurants are beckoning. Yuck!

As far as groceries, we bring in wine, beer, water, juice and soda pop.....the same exact things we bring when staying in a concierge or regular deluxe room at the resorts. Crackers and cheese if staying regular deluxe or DVC, skip that (usually) if staying concierge. I have seen many people bringing similar things to regular resorts.

Most DVCers are no different than regular WDW guests. We just tend to go more often, spend more and have committed to going until we sell or the end of the contract. Of course we could also trade out to places around the world but speaking for my family, we love WDW too much to do that.

And Cass, don't worry.....it's not contagious.;)

Cass
04-10-2007, 03:49 PM
LOL, I had the vaccine against it!

I have never brought food or drinks to a concierge stay. Am I weird?

BCV23
04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
No, but we're picky about brands of soda, have diabetics and don't always want to go to the lounge for adult beverages.:goodvibes

pilferk
04-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Do those DVC rooms on 6 have stoves and laundry facilities in them? It would be awful to smell 'spring time Bounce and food cooking ' instead of the spicy aroma from the lobby. Hopefully they won't.

As for the lounge on 4, I can only reiterate that was what I was told in December by Jack when I asked about the standard concierge rooms on 4. That they would have some kind of lounge set up down there in the future.

Perhaps it won't be a full scale lounge but a quick place for coffee or soft drinks without the food. Time will tell.

Yes, they will have kitchens and laundries in them.

As for what Jack told you in December.....I'd take it with a grain of salt. There can be as much speculation and rumors running through CM's as there are here at the DIS. You see documentation of CM's "talking", and being incorrect, all through the DIS boards. However, the legal documents filed, and the declaration, are LEGALLY BINDING agreements. The DVC operating the concierge lounge for AKL has a direct impact on the AKV operating budget, and thus, member dues. I think it's safe to say that those documents carry a bit more weight than the word of a CM, back in December, before many of the "facts" were actually released (which happened in early February). There have been LOTS of rumors, both from CM's and from other places, circulated about AKV. Many of them have turned out to be untrue.