PDA

View Full Version : First Night at WDW

brookie
12-30-2001, 10:48 PM
Can anyone give me suggestions on how to spend our first night (without kids) at WDW. I'm considering Pleasure Island (is it worth the money), Universal City Walk, or Downtown Disney. We're thinking a nice dinner, music and dancing. Thanks!

Dallas_Lady
12-30-2001, 11:31 PM
DH and I are planning to do Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island our first night there. Our flight gets in at 11am, but since we are buying Park Hopper Plus passes, we don't want to use one of our "Days" on a half day. We will spend the afternoon getting to know our resort and the head over to DD.

Margie J
12-31-2001, 12:39 AM
Another suggestion is to spend the evening at the BoardWalk Resort. It has a few restaurants, clubs and shops and isn't quite as nutty as PI often is. Much depends on your age, club going habits and your arrival day too.

On weekends, PI and CityWalk attract many 20-something club goers from the local area. It can get rather wild on some nights. During the week there are more tourists and families. Both PI and CityWalk have places to dance to a wide variety of music (latin, techno, top 40, oldies, R&B, etc.). PI also has a jazz club, performance (Adventurers Club) and comedy club.

BoardWalk is a more relaxed place but still offers it's share of entertainment. They have the ESPN Club, Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance. Dine at Flying Fish, Spoodles, Big River Grill and Brewing Works or the ESPN Club. Don't forget the bakery for a late night treat. You can even grab a slice of pizza and eat by the water if you choose.

Dallas_Lady
12-31-2001, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Margie J

BoardWalk is a more relaxed place but still offers it's share of entertainment. They have the ESPN Club, Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance. Dine at Flying Fish, Spoodles, Big River Grill and Brewing Works or the ESPN Club. Don't forget the bakery for a late night treat. You can even grab a slice of pizza and eat by the water if you choose.

Now I have a question :D I know that for PI the $20 pays cover for every club there. How does it work for the Boardwalk?

spiceycat
12-31-2001, 03:08 PM
each club has it own price - I think that the Atlantic is $5.00 and the other are less(?) - unless there is a special group/person performing there.