PDA

View Full Version : Checking in and getting requests

dddisrunner
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I was wondering how to approach getting my requests upon check in? They are rather easy, I think, but we will be taking ME from MCO landing around 8:30am. Does it help that we will arrive relatively early? We have booked a standard room at POP. I have requested a non-smoking room on a high floor. Is there anything special I should say or do at check in to give me a better chance to receive these requests?:confused3 Thanks for any help!:thumbsup2

Amy&Dan
04-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I think it may help you are arriving early. Although in the end, requests are sort of a luck thing. Just ask them nicely if they know if you will be getting your higher floor, non smoking room. If you tell them you don't care about the building location that helps. Its when you want a high up floor, in this building, facing this direction, you get into trouble! Pop is a great resort, you will love it!

TheRustyScupper
04-05-2007, 11:10 AM
1) A good thing is that you are arriving early.
2) This allows you a better chance to change rooms if requests not met.
3) At check-in, after they pull up the ressie, ask about your requests.
4) If they haven't been met, ask if they could change the room.
5) DO THIS NICELY AND POLITELY !
6) They can "usually" change it for someone else.
7) Not always, but usually.

disnut8
04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. When you check in, they will know what your room number is at that time. We've only had one instances in all our time where we didn't get a non smoking room (which was quickly fixed). Your only other request is a high floor. If I'm not mistaken, Pop only has three floors. If you want the third floor so you don't have anyone above you, you might want to adjust your request to reflect that. Second floor could be considered a high floor.

If those are the only requests you made, there shouldn't be any problem. If your room isn't ready (and at that time of day, more than likely it won't) the Cast Member will know your exact room assignment while you are standing at the check-in desk. They won't tell you it, but they know it. Just ask them to make sure it's non smoking and on the floor you wanted.

rodkenrich
04-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Try surprising the cast members by walking in completely "decked out" in Disney gear and they might comply to your wishes.

Claire&TheBoys
04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
We checked into CSR a couple of years ago, in Sept, around 11 AM and I asked what kind of room we could get. They offered us one in the 2nd Casitas building, or one all the way around the lake. We took the close-by one, and it was empty and ready for us. We had requested a fridge and a pack-n-play and both were in the room waiting for us by the time we had moved the van and found the room! I think by checking in early, you'll have a good shot at getting what you want.

fan_of_small_world
04-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I agree that checking early can help (it certainly can't hurt!). When we arrived in the morning, we had to wait a little for our room, and they were not able to give us our room number. They gave us a phone number to call to check, and said to call around 1:00 pm. We had lunch at the food court, and even though it was only noon, we called and the room was ready.

It was exactly what I had requested...third floor, quiet location (we were on one of the back corners of the 70's building), and, most importantly, non-smoking. It was great!

CanadianGuy
04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Pop has four floors if I'm not mistaken, not three as earlier noted.

A non-smoking room on a high floor should be an easy request to meet. Because this basically means the 3rd or 4th floor.. and that's 1/2 of the resort! ;)

Knox

skipperkim
04-05-2007, 05:44 PM
You could always fax a request, 4 days before arrival, to the room assigner as well as adding "top floor" to your room requests on your ressie. I've refused more than one room at Disney, politely of course. I need my non smoking top floor room. I hate having people walking over my head.

disnut8
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Pop has four floors if I'm not mistaken, not three as earlier noted.

I stand corrected. You are right. During our pre-lockdown for Hurricane Francis we set off for ice and our second floor machine was out. Husband went down to first floor, I went up to third floor. I got about ten cubes and then had to go up to the fourth floor. Funny what you remember.

And no one panic - this was a special circumstance. I've never known a Disney resort ice machine to run out normally.

Vickie46
04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
your request sounds really easy.. I know lots of people that want first floor!:goodvibes

stitchlovestink
04-06-2007, 12:01 AM
You could always fax a request, 4 days before arrival, to the room assigner as well as adding "top floor" to your room requests on your ressie. I've refused more than one room at Disney, politely of course. I need my non smoking top floor room. I hate having people walking over my head.

When I called the hotel, they said those faxes get pitched now. There were just too many of them and they could spend days looking at them trying to match them up to the check in day. Some people would fax 3 days, some 4, some a whole week. So they stopped giving them any credence.
I'd say if you didn't link your requests into your ressie, I'd call back and do that. By doing it that way, I'd be shocked if you didn't get your request. Also, do you need non-smoking room for medical reasons? Like asthma? They'll guarantee that, if it's medical. I can't have a smoking room b/c of my asthma. Usually, getting a room on an upper floor is easy. Most people want ground floor, so you're already against the norm, which in this case is a good thing.
Good Luck and enjoy your trip.

newholidayx2
04-06-2007, 05:54 AM
I'll be checking in about 1030am on the first grad night! hoping to get a quieter area - i did call to request it