PDA

View Full Version : OT/Shadow Shoppers...Anyone know of this company?

desiab
04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I am constantly getting emails from this company about mystery shops in my area, but I am hesitant because I want to be sure that this is a legitimate company.

Has anyone heard of them or had dealings with them? Any help is appreciated.

desiab

paladin
04-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Never heard of them, but I did a google search and came up with quite a few complaints about them. Just be careful and look before you leap into anything, especially anything that charges a fee.

boristhedog
04-05-2007, 11:51 AM
This company charges you for stuff you can find for free. I don't know that they're a scam, but it is unnecessary. I just started mystery shopping and haven't paid for any resources. Try mysteryshopresources.com and there are hundreds of companies listed-real ones you can sign on with for free. Good luck!

desiab
04-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the replies. I started researching too after I posted and I didn't find them listed with the other secret shopper companies. That sent up a red flag with me, so I didn't submit any info.

When I was in college I did some secret shopping, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the company. I did go to Volition (http://www.volition.com/mystery.html) and found a long list of known mystery shopper companies. It will take me a little while to go through the list and find companies I think might be a fit for me.

Thanks again,
desiab

kaytieeldr
04-05-2007, 12:36 PM
As far as I know, you shouldn't have to pay anything to become a mystery shopper. Volition is a good site.