PDA

View Full Version : Can 4 adults and a 9 year old be comfy at POR

BABYJOSIE98
04-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Right now we have 2 rooms booked at PFQ, but I was thinking if free dining comes out for September I could switch to a package deal and the 5 of us could share a room at POR for 3 nights and get the Magic your way package with 2 day passes and free dining!!:thumbsup2

I priced it out and it would be a better value if I do it that way???

We do have the room only 40% discount booked now.

My question is would we be ok to share the room with my parents. It is only for 3 night and we really are not in the room that much??

Anyone else slept 5 in a room at POR??:confused3

Just something to consider if they do offer the free dining.

Scraper
04-05-2007, 10:58 AM
We did this with 3 adults and two teenagers. It was a little tight but not bad. We do not spend alot of time in the room. The bathroom fight is a little crazy but not for me because I get up early. :thumbsup2

scanmom
04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I think it would be doable. I would think that with it only being 3 nights, it wouldn't be bad at all. And the 9 y/o will probably enjoy sleeping on the trundle! I know my kids liked that kind of thing when they were little! Heck! My DD17 used to make a bed on the floor of hotel closets, if they were big enough!! And she had bed space available!!! I would stay in the same room abd save the money! Assumong that free dining becomes available!! ;)

twinspluscade
04-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Right now we have 2 rooms booked at PFQ, but I was thinking if free dining comes out for September I could switch to a package deal and the 5 of us could share a room at POR for 3 nights and get the Magic your way package with 2 day passes and free dining!!:thumbsup2

I priced it out and it would be a better value if I do it that way???

We do have the room only 40% discount booked now.

My question is would we be ok to share the room with my parents. It is only for 3 night and we really are not in the room that much??

Anyone else slept 5 in a room at POR??:confused3

Just something to consider if they do offer the free dining.

We haven't done 5 in a room at POR yet...but will be in September. Ours is a little different though in that 3 of us are under the age of 9.

I think it just depends on the individual family on whether or not it would be too crowded. I personally think I would do fine with four adults/one child in one room, but being crowded doesn't bother me. Now my Mom on the other hand would have a hard time with it--even in a duluxe, it would be too tight for her. Whenever they go on trips with us(not to Disney but elsewhere--haven't talked them into Disney yet) we always have to get separate rooms rather than a suite/villa or whatever.

Keep in mind I think they do have an additional charge for over two adults in a room...but you'd still maybe?? come out ahead on the free dining. You'd have to do the math to see for sure.

Also, I have seen a few posts where people are saying it's rumored this year free dining will need a minimum of FIVE nights, rather than the three from last year. But like all rumors who knows if there's any truth to it or not.

Kelly

minnie61650
04-05-2007, 11:15 AM
The room is kinda small but others have done it.
The real problem is only having 1 bathroom and finding storage room for all of the clothing and gifts etc.

Here is the layout of the Por room:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/portorleansriv.gif
POR room lay out

Here are photos of the POR which show the trundle bed:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/ABbeds.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/ABtrundle.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/ABtrundleopen.jpg

***NOTE:the trundle bed only slides toward the door--you cannot slide it so it is between the beds.

Since you have a 40% discount even when you pay the $30 a night for two extra adults you will save more than 2 rooms at a Value or a Family Suite.

If you did not have the 40% dicount tand were paying regualar price than the Family Suites at All Star Music would be $1 less a night.

There are no addition fees for extra adults staying at the Family Suites.

1-6 adults can stay in the Family Suites for 1 set price.

For others who may be interested in the Family Suites pleses see this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

For comparisions of All Star Music Suites and the Family Suites with photos
please see this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

dizkids
04-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I have done 5 in a room at POR but 2 adults and kids 4,6,9....i found it to be do-able (not great) but wouldnt want to share the room with my parents and 1 child....the bathroom is small with the sinks outside. There is a curtain to draw but privacy issues would be a factor for me. Not much walking around room.

BABYJOSIE98
04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
I went to allears and looked at pictures of the rooms and the whole resort looks very nice.:goodvibes

If they only offer a 5 night or more package then we will just stick with our 40% off rooms. no biggie...:goodvibes

I think we would be ok in that room for 3 nights. I have very young parents and we have travelled a lot with them. No frills...In an out of the bathroom in the mornings. I would probably take the longest!;)

Guess i will just have to wait now and see what they offer????

Deb & Bill
04-05-2007, 01:14 PM
You will have to pay for the two extra adults in the room. Each night.

BABYJOSIE98
04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Well I priced the package with 4 adults and 1 child on the Disney website and saved the quote. So I know what my total will be for the regular magic your way base package for my dates and it was available right now.;)

So if they will let me book a 3 night package with Free dining it would be an awesome deal for all of us to stay in the one room. Any longer and I would not even consider it, but for 3 nights we would be ok.

Deb & Bill
04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Well I priced the package with 4 adults and 1 child on the Disney website and saved the quote. So I know what my total will be for the regular magic your way base package for my dates and it was available right now.;)

So if they will let me book a 3 night package with Free dining it would be an awesome deal for all of us to stay in the one room. Any longer and I would not even consider it, but for 3 nights we would be ok.

The quote may not include the extra adult fees.

minijeanie
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Personally I think you will be miserable...too many adults with just one bathroom.

would consider 2 rooms

La2kw
04-06-2007, 01:00 AM
I would stick with the 2 separate rooms. Those rooms are way too small for that many people. I wouldn't share a room with my in-laws for one night, let alone 5! :sad2: