PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' Nervous About POFQ...

Mom2Rae
04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
We're booked for POFQ 7/21 - 7/25. I've always wanted to try this resort out. We usually stay in a Deluxe, but I thought it was the perfect time to experiment.

I've read:surfweb: , and not only here, some horrific stories about Mousekeeping at this resort and I know this post isn't the first to bring the subject up. But, DH and I are nervous about the cleanliness of the room and I was wondering if anyone had any recent first hand experience??

The resort looks so beautiful and quaint and we wanted a resort with a GREAT pool for dd (7) to enjoy.

Thanks for any advice and feedback you pro's can give me!:flower3:

kapoof
04-05-2007, 09:22 AM
i can understand where you are coming from..i also have only stayed deluxe but love the atmosphere of fq....my brother in law stayed there this past dec..he said while fq was very nice the grounds are very pretty and the room itself was nice and clean he would not stay there again because the buses were so bad. it took forever to go anywhere because you have to pick up at por also at times. i really wish the fq had their own buses...if they did i would totally like to stay there. so if you are patient go for it! it does look really pretty.

Dizneydaz
04-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Sorry I can't give you any recent info (last trip Sept. 05-after the remodel) but POFQ is our favorite moderate :goodvibes and we've never had a problem with mousekeeping. In fact, the last moderate we stayed at was CBR and we did have a problem. Our room wasn't finished being cleaned one day and when I called mousekeeping, they sent out someone to check. (Manager) She checked it out and apologized-said that the mosekeeper claimed there was a man in our room (we were a group of all females in 2 rooms :confused3 ) but she actually had her husband in the room while cleaning :confused3 and so she didn't finish :confused3 huh?

Anyway, I think all resorts can have a problem, depending on the actual mousekeeper you have. If you have a complaint, just let them know.

Oh, and while we didn't have a problem with mousekeeping at POP last year I did notice that while other buildings we passed on the way to the food court and pools, had windows done up with towel animals. There were no towel animals in our building-again, depends on the mousekeeper you get.

Enjoy POFQ, you'll love it-we do! Your DD7 is the same age as mine-she'll love the pool, my DD7 loves going down the dragon slide.

skier_pete
04-05-2007, 09:40 AM
We stayed there last October, and had great mousekeeping. Very friendly when we saw them around, and the room was always clean. Even got 2 different towel animals (one snuck into our suitcase...) I cannot compare to a deluxe because I have never stayed there, but we had not one complaint about the housekeeping.

The buses weren't so bad, yes sometimes you had to go around POR as well to pick up, but this adds about 5 minutes. The ride to MK and Epcot was < 20 minutes from pick-up at the resort to drop-off, I think that's pretty good. Once again, if you are used to staying at a Deluxe with a monorail stop, this will be a downgrade. Buses on the way back stop at POFQ first, which is really nice.

The one bad thing was the boat to DTD, we thought this would be fun, but it took forever. Because they share with Riverside, they only let 13 people from POFQ on each boat to DTD, we had to wait for 3 boats, 40 minutes of waiting, then it still takes like 25 minutes to ride there. If there's ANY line for the boat, just use the bus....unless you have a car of course.

We really enjoyed this resort, very quiet and peaceful, except for the pool, but even that was fairly uncrowded. I would recommend NOT getting a room facing the pool because of the noise, We were in Building 2 facing away from the pool, which was near perfect. We are hoping to go back there with free dining in September.

SkierPete

seven dwarfs
04-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Let me start with I love this resort. It is so nice there. I love the scenery, the fact it is small and the bus service is great. But, our stay last sept was awful. We had to move on our third day but that is another story. When we checked in our room had never been cleaned except for the beds. I mean it had "stuff" from the last people in the room. It was so nasty. We waited over two hours to have someone come and when she did she spoke not one word of English. She didn't even understand the word towels. I had to complain several times for two days. The last night before we were forced to move, our room was pretty clean. I am not sure if it was the time of year we went or what. The lady at the front desk said they were having a lot of trouble with this. I am sure they hire very few to clean, give them much work, pay little and then the people can't speak english. With all this said I would like to try to stay here again. My husband and I are driving so we will be bringing a spray bottle of cleaner with us! I guess it is all part of the Disney cut backs. But as long as people are willing to stay with all the cuts then Disney will not change. I guess I am one of those people.

MdmMim
04-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I normally stay in a deluxe, but when my budget dictates, I stay at POFQ--and I love it! I haven't had Mousekeeping problems there, and I just think the resort and grounds are beautiful. The rooms are cozy and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay there at all. :cloud9: It's one of my favorite resorts.

3DisneyBuggs
04-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I haven't read any nasty mousekeeping stories about POFQ recently. We'll be staying 3 nights there in September. Hope we all have clean stays!

Mom2Rae
04-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks so much for your input.

I figured this trip...well, we won't be in the room all that much. We're doing Sea World one day, Discovery Cove the next and MK the last day. I hate the thought of paying over $300 a night for not being in there that much. However, who doesn't love the atmosphere of Poly at night...swimming and sipping of a fruity cocktail while Dd plays in the water??! OK - I digress!

I think I'm going to go for it and try it out. We tried the Cabins at Fort Wilderness last December and weren't thrilled, but I have higher hopes for POFQ. We'll have our own vehicle so the buses will not be an issue for us. I will and always do bring Clorox Wipes and a HUGE can of Lysol. Plus...I've never, ever slept under the bedspreads in the rooms...EVER!

Wilderness Lodge isn't much more than POFQ.....:scratchin !

Allison
04-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I was just there in February and had absolutely no problems with mousekeeping. They did a very good job and our room always seemed to be cleaned early in the day which was nice. I found it to be very clean and tidy.

chatty
04-05-2007, 10:41 AM
You WON'T be sorry at all! We stayed there the last 8 trips all within the last 4 years and we just Love this Place. Never once out of the 8 stays did we ever have a housekeeping problem. It's one of our favorite Resorts on Disney's property. Have fun.
chatty:)

Mom2Rae
04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I was just there in February and had absolutely no problems with mousekeeping. They did a very good job and our room always seemed to be cleaned early in the day which was nice. I found it to be very clean and tidy.

Oh ~ that's great news!!! I'm looking forward to expanding our horizons and having other options as far as resort stays go! How's the pool crowd in the evenings - really large??

kelleigh1
04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Hubby and I stayed at POFQ last January (probably not as recent as you'd like, but still not that long ago) and we loved it. Mousekeeping was great. No problems. We did get a couple of towel animals and they did cute things with the Mickey & Pooh dolls that we bought. Everything was clean and we never had to call for anything.

The resort itself is very quaint. And hubby, who doesn't usually have an opinion about much, stated that he really liked it there and would have no problem staying there every time we go back. (I'm the one who wants to try some of the other resorts just because we can.)

Mom2Rae
04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
You WON'T be sorry at all! We stayed there the last 8 trips all within the last 4 years and we just Love this Place. Never once out of the 8 stays did we ever have a housekeeping problem. It's one of our favorite Resorts on Disney's property. Have fun.
chatty:)

Yay!!!!:goodvibes So glad to hear it. I was wondering...can you put on your makeup good with the mirrors over the sink? They looked a bit far back from the sink to me, due to the shelf below the mirror. Dont' won't to poke myself in the eye with my mascara!!;)

binky
04-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Yay!!!!:goodvibes So glad to hear it. I was wondering...can you put on your makeup good with the mirrors over the sink? They looked a bit far back from the sink to me, due to the shelf below the mirror. Dont' won't to poke myself in the eye with my mascara!!;)

I'm not 100% sure, but at POR (so I assume at all mods?) I think there was a full-length mirror on the door to the tub/toilet area. So if you're standing in front of the sink, it might be easier to put on makeup while facing that mirror. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm dreaming this up!

disgram
04-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I will chime in here and tell you also to try it!!!! It is my favorite resort! It is small, the grounds are beautiful, the CMs are great and the Mousekeeping is fantastic!! That has been my experience for the past 5 years that we have stayed there! There is no place else I want to stay!!!!

chatty
04-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm the one that had stayed at POFQ the last 8 trips and I never saw the pool where it was too crowded. Actually there was never a crowd that I remember but we always go either in April,May,Sept.,Oct,Dec so our times are normally lower crowd times. I am sure in the High times it could be Crowded.
chatty

Mousema
04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I just got back from POFQ on Sunday. It was great!! Mousekeeping was great, everything clean and I got towel decorations 2 days. The pool was not that busy in the evening, pretty quiet. Great drinks at Mardi Grogs, too:cool1: Any other questions?

ella417
04-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I just got back from POFQ on Sunday. It was great!! Mousekeeping was great, everything clean and I got towel decorations 2 days. The pool was not that busy in the evening, pretty quiet. Great drinks at Mardi Grogs, too:cool1: Any other questions?

Welcome back! How were the busses? I've just about decided on FQ for my summer trip.

5boyz
04-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Disneydaz Ok I read your fridge swap and I get it...that is most awesome by the way.....but I dont know how or where to put my info....I am looking at July 22-Aug3. but I see someone is penciled in from July 22-27 so what do I do?

Thanks,
Caroline:confused3

DisneyFan83
04-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I love staying here & Iíve never had a problem with Mousekeeping. In fact, one time when I wasnít feeling well, they left for me & came back later to clean. Thumbs up from me!

jenrose66
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I have stayed at POFQ 3 times and have nothing bad to say about it. My room always met my expectations for cleanliness and I'm pretty anal about stuff like that.

yaddo121
04-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Just wanted to chime in too. I love POFQ, we just returned from a trip during the first week of March and had a great time! We've stayed there more than once and never had a problem with the mousekeeping, even on the days we had the privacy sign up they left us towels, toilet paper, soap, and shampoo in a little bag hanging on the door handle.

It was kind of cool in the evenings so not too many kids in the pool at night, maybe a dozen at the most but the pool is pretty large so it's easy to spread out and find a quiet spot.

Hope you enjoy your stay!!

CleveRocks
04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I've read:surfweb: , and not only here, some horrific stories about Mousekeeping at this resort and I know this post isn't the first to bring the subject up. But, DH and I are nervous about the cleanliness of the room and I was wondering if anyone had any recent first hand experience??

Here's the deal .... There's not a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons or any other top-tier hotel in the USA that has a 100% spotless record, no pun intended. Every property everywhere has had someone goof or overlook something or have a bad hair day or whatever.

The problem is, we'll never ever see threads started like the following:
"Mousekeeping cleaned my room every day to my satisfaction."
"The sign said the stand-by wait for Peter Pan was 30 minutes, and we waited in line for 30 minutes."
"I rode Space Mountain and it didn't break down."
We had dinner at Victoria & Albert's and guess what ...? No food poisoning!"
It's for the same reason that we don't see the following stories on TV news or see the following headlines in newspapers:
"No attempted escapes at area prisons yesterday."
"No fires ravaged City Hall last week."
"Local woman gives birth to healthy baby; in-laws fly to town for the blessed event."
Silly, I know, but you get the idea.

None of us starts threads spelling out all of the things that went as expected. We might say nice things when someone else asks, and we might start a thread saying that we had a nice Disney vacation overall, but we just don't jump up and publicize each and every little thing going normally, unless it's a brand new resort/attraction/service that almost no one has used yet.

But it's human nature to report and complain about something that went wrong or didn't meet or expectations.

I stayed at POFQ for a week in November. Spotless. No problems. Totally enjoyed it. And I never started any threads saying any of that.:goodvibes

Amyg
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
We stayed at POFQ for 8 days last July and loved every minute of it.

The buses were great, we always had a seat except for one night from EPCOT, it was SRO after IllumiNations.

Our rooms were clean but I did notice a bit of dust in one corner of the bathroom that was there during our entire stay. The tub, sinks, beds, carpet and tops of things were always clean. So it was not significant enough to consider it as "unclean" but then again everyone's opinion on cleanliness is different.

I had to add...the only reason I noticed the spot of dust in the corner of the bathroom is because in the past people have mentioned various hotel rooms not being clean. It just made me look more, whereas normally I probably would not notice unless it was obvious.

I would stay there again.

jess20k
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM
We were there in Feb. and had a wonderful stay!!! The rooms were terrific! Very quaint and nicely decorated. They were also VERY clean! We had no problem at all with our room or location. We were in bldg 5, on the third floor, in a corner room, and we had a courtyard view. I would not hesitate to stay at this resort again.

By the way, the buses were fine overall. We swam one day and the pool was not crowded at all.

kaybird
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
It will be a long time before we stay at a deluxe again after POFQ! We simply loved it, close convenient and Charming.

Did a 360 tour of this... Click on the picture to slow it down.

360 Disney (http://www.kansasvirtualtours.com/DIS/NewIndex.html)

KMLOVESWDW
04-05-2007, 05:14 PM
We are checking into FQ in exactly 28 days from today!:dance3: I'm so excited to stay here for so many reasons. We were going to switch to the Poly but it was $2000 more for the week-CRAZY!!! The river, the cobblestone streets, the iron railings-should I go on! We have visited but never stayed so I will report back with all the details. CAN'T WAIT TO GO!!!!

Buzzfan2Mom
04-05-2007, 05:46 PM
We check in on Monday:banana:

I love reading all these great posts! I can't wait!

Thanks to all for sharing:)

PrinceKevin
04-05-2007, 06:12 PM
We stayed at POFQ last April and it was absolutely awesome. We did not have any cleaning issues and the kids had towel animals every day.

The grounds are so beautiful.

We did not take the buses....so no comment there.

Kevin

skipperkim
04-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Another :thumbsup2 for POFQ. It is designed after the "Big Easy" so relax. The grounds are spectacular. You might even want to take a carriage ride in the evening.

cobbler
04-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Well I was there in October of 05 and we had a very clean room and no problems with mousekeeping at all.

Disfan3
04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I was a Polysnob but stayed at POR this month and LOVED it!! I did miss the monorail but that really was the ONLY thing I missed! It had a GREAT pool, food court, shopping, restaurant, busses were good IMO...we just made sure we left parks before crowds to help get back to our room without a wait (and this was PEAK season BTW) We managed to go visit POFQ and we really liked it too and ran into a family that had stayed at both (they said they prefer POR btw...but liked FQ) hot tub, great theming...REALLY you will love it...relax! I loved the set up of the bathrooms...much better than Poly bathrooms IMO.

I would stay there again in a second!:cloud9:

ella417
04-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh, I am so happy to read all these great reviews! I'm not even going to worry about the busses anymore. It seems far more people who've just returned say that the busses are no problem. We're easy-going and not impatient people so I don't think we'll have any problems either. I guess some people are harder to please than others. When we're on vacation I'm just happy!

FSUDisneyGirl
04-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Just stayed there in January with my mom and grandma.

Super easy to get around...we ended up with a river view upgrade for free! The pool was cute, easy to get to the parking lots, and the boat to DTD was a wonderful ride! We never had to wait for a boat more than 5 minutes. We had breakfast there one day, it was fine. It's adorable, our room was neat and clean, you'll have a great and relaxing time!

**pixiedust**
04-07-2007, 09:03 AM
I just had to respond to this...we stayed there in May 05 and May 06, and in five weeks we will stay there again. We have had nothing but great experiences at POFQ - mousekeeping has always been fantastic, busses were never a problem, and the boat to DTD was great. I highly recommend POFQ!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

DisneyShack
04-07-2007, 09:44 AM
We stayed there last May and loved the resort. The only problem with Mousekeeping was sometimes they would get to cleaning the room late (around 4:00) but that was not big deal. We'd just change into our bathing suits and head for the pool.

soontobewed07
04-08-2007, 11:50 AM
We just got back March 29th and had a great time. It was packed due to spring break but the room was clean and I am really picky about it. We stayed in building 2 right across from the pool and it was only a 30 sec. walk to everything. At night the place is just amazing with the street lights it feels like you are really walking down the streets of the French Quarter. We loved the Boat to DTD and POR. You can put on your makeup in the long mirror on the bathroom door if you can't see in the other mirrors which is what I did because with a big Preggo belly I couldn't get close enough to the mirror to put my contacts in. Hope that helps if you have any questions feel free to PM me

disneyfan61
04-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Staying at POFQ for the first time in about 8 days!!! Can't wait. Glad to hear
all of the great reviews.:cool1: :cool1:

Dizzyworld
04-08-2007, 02:36 PM
I know how you feel. We have a reservation to stay there for 3 nights before a cruies. I am fighting myself to change to another WDW resort or the Swan (I can get the teacher rate). I took the family over to eat and walk around POFQ grounds on the last trip, and they all really want to stay there this time. Since we will be doing MK and EPCOT, my kids wouln't have time to use a pool anyway. So I too don't want to spend money for things that we will never get to use. It is so hard not to change the reservation though.

Have fun.

MrsPMC00
04-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Do not worry about POFQ...we have stayed there 6 times over 7 years and have NEVER run into any problems!!! We will be back there in Sept too! You will love it!!!! :thumbsup2

ems_mom
04-08-2007, 02:58 PM
My 21 year daughter and I were at POFQ last September with free dining. Overall we were very happy... loved the scenery, the room, mousekeeping was great (even got towel animals!). Only downside, the lovebugs! They were everywhwere!: eek: