PDA

View Full Version : So is it busier in Oct or Nov.

Mary.Poppins
04-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm trying to decide when to go...
Middle/late October or early/mid November. I've been in mid October
before. The weather can be very nice but a bit crowded. I've been in
early December when the crowds were very minimal!!! So, if I decide
to go in Nov, what can I expect crowd wise?

nbodyhome
04-05-2007, 08:04 AM
It's sort of hard to tell, because it's busy a lot now. Maybe mid November - but not around the Super Soap weekend, because it books rooms full on property.

October is a GREAT time with the Food and Wine in full swing, that would be my choice still. :)

magicaldisney
04-05-2007, 08:12 AM
We have switched to November now because it works with my kids schedules better. October offers warmer weather, Food and Wine, MNSSHP, and not necessarily more crowded.

KimWDW
04-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Avoid Columbus Day week (mid October) and Jersey Week (early November) and you'll be fine. :)

mickeysaver
04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Because of the way that the calendar fell this year, we are going to experience a little October and a little November. We miss most of the big crowd weeks in the process. With a little smart planning, I am hoping for some excellent low stress park touring. :wizard: Maggie

deejohn
04-05-2007, 11:52 AM
We usually go in Oct/Nov, but have started to go in Dec so we can see the Christmas decorations and the crowds are smaller, although, they are starting to catch-up to the Oct/Nov crowds we are use to seeing.

Here's what we found:
- Many schools are closed for Election Day, so many people take a long weekend, which makes for larger than normal crowds in early Nov, so keep that in mind
- Oct/Nov are now considered Regular season. 5 Years ago it was Value, so it looks like everyone is starting to take advantage of our secret. So we switched to Dec
- Crowds tend to follow the Extra-Magic Hour schedule. In 2005 we followed the EMH schedule and the parks were packed. In 2006, we went opposite and were wondering if the parks were even open!!!
- Oct/Nov weather is excellent. Nice during the day and not too cold at night

We are now considering Sept since WDW ususally offers great packages at that time.

minijeanie
04-05-2007, 08:52 PM
My only objection to Sept. is that it constantly rains...

I would rather take medium crowds over low crowds wth torrential rain all day

my preference is November.

I have gone Jersey week many times and it really is not that bad