PDA

View Full Version : AKL CL what is going on?

WendyisDarling
04-05-2007, 06:58 AM
I've been reading several different threads and picking up bits and pieces of info., but I'm hoping someone here can help me put the puzzle together.
I've plugged in several dates for AKL CL and most often it says, no rooms available. A couple have given the option of the two bedroom suite (I wish :lmao: ). Of course, I can't get anyone online info. about 2008.
So, what gives?
I know they are doing some construction for DVC, but don't know any details. Will DVC reduce the number the CL rooms available?
Previously we had a CL room with a queen bed, bunks and a day bed and a great view. We want that room again--well, something like it anyway. We did have 5 people for a while and can't recall if that made a difference in the type of room we got or not.
If we wait until 2008 for AKL, what will it be like? Will the CL rooms as described above be available again? (Do we need 5 ppl to get the bunk beds--help my poor memory). Will there be fewer because of DVC?
Any answers are greatly appreciated or if someone can direct me to a thread with the information that would be fantastic.
TIA

TammiMcMan
04-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Will DVC reduce the number the CL rooms available?Yes it's already doing that, due to the renovation of some deluxe club level rooms to DVC units.

Previously we had a CL room with a queen bed, bunks and a day bed and a great view. We want that room again--well, something like it anyway. We did have 5 people for a while and can't recall if that made a difference in the type of room we got or not.This is the setup of a deluxe room. The standard club level rooms accomodate 4 guests.

Will the CL rooms as described above be available again? (Do we need 5 ppl to get the bunk beds--help my poor memory). Will there be fewer because of DVC?You don't need 5 to book a deluxe room, because it's in it's own category. You could have 2 people and still reserve that type of room if you wanted. These rooms will still be available for booking, there are just fewer of them available. After construction, there may be a few more added to inventory, but I don't think they'll have as many as they did pre-DVC.

WendyisDarling
04-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Thank you, Tammi. You are always such a huge help.
May I ask another question and further advice?
I think you answered this, but want to be absolutely sure -- there will still be some deluxe CL rooms available for non-DVC owners?
Our family may end up waiting until next summer for AKL, how early do you think we should book for deluxe CL? If we visit in August, how far in advance CAN we book? Is it because rates haven't come out that I can't get online info? Could I book over the phone or with AAA w/o rate knowledge?

I'm pretty bummed about this. Maybe we will need to explore joining DVC.

countingthedays
04-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Iím trying to understand, but Iím afraid Iím just not getting it :confused3
Can anyone provide clarity around how DVC impacts the availability around rooms at AKL? Are rooms at AKL being Ďsubstitutedí until construction is complete? Is there an advantage in terms of room discounts for DVC members to book at non-DVC properties such as AKLV vs AKL or even the Polynesian?

BroadwayGirl
04-05-2007, 08:31 AM
According to the information from DVC when I toured the models for the AKL villas, the top 2 floors of AKL are currently in the process of being converted to DVC accommodations. Some of the DVC accommodations will be considered club level, but just a handful. They really couldn't answer information about how they'll be handling non-DVC accommodations and club level.

crazy4wdw
04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
It's my understanding that all of the rooms on the 5th and 6th floors are being converted to DVC units. So basically, all of the deluxe rooms will be taken out of the inventory for hotel rooms at AKL. The concierge rooms will all be located on the 4th floor with the lounge remaining on the 6th (not very convenient). Some of the one and two bedrooms suites are also being converted to DVC units. All of the rehabs are scheuduled to be finsihed in May 2008. Here's a link to a map of the proposed changes to the AK Lodge:http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/languagespecific/eng/resorts/animalKingdomVillas/DAKVMap.pdf

countingthedays
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks so much for the info!

WendyisDarling
04-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Yes, thank you from me, as well.
This really puts a damper on AKL CL as far as I am concerned. :sad2:

Angel16
04-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I am excited to see AKL when they are done. :) we all need to wait until they are finished with construction and see how the concierge level rooms, lounge and service turn out. There are FANTASTIC people working in the IPO and on the concierge floor that love AKL as much as many of us do. They are saying that things will be as good as ever if not better once they are complete with all the building.

I'm looking forward to a new experience. :hippie: