PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Noticed...

WDWHeather
04-04-2007, 10:02 PM
...the incredible flushing power of those toilets at the value resorts and, if I remember correctly, the moderate resorts too?
What's that all about?!
Just a tap on those buttons and WOOSH!
Anyone else shocked every time they flush the toilet?

(I hope this isn't a totally inappropriate thread, but I've just been itching to ask this one!)

minnie61650
04-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes, In fact my BIL had one the first ones I ever saw. It was a test model and he put it the new home he was building for his family.

They are often referred to as Turbo-toilets.

The high performance of this pressure-assisted toilet is achieved by using compressed air inside the tank, which creates a turbo-charged flushing action.

These toilets conserve on water and usually only one flush is needed-- to get the job done-- if you know what I mean. ;)

WDWHeather
04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
:lmao: Turbo Toilet! I love it!!
We always call the flush the "21 Flush Salute"! haha. (No disrespect intended here)

minnie61650
04-04-2007, 10:30 PM
We always call the flush the "21 Flush Salute"! haha. (No disrespect intended here)

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Actually your name for it is very fitting since one of the Brand names of these toilets is........Gerber Ultra Flush 21-312 .

How's that for coincidence? :laughing:

punkin1763
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Too funny! :rotfl: I knew they were loud but now that we know they are turbo toilets it all makes so much sense!

catbertdave99
04-05-2007, 05:06 AM

That's funny -- that is EXACTLY what my teenage sons call them too!

WDWHeather
04-05-2007, 08:04 AM
That's funny -- that is EXACTLY what my teenage sons call them too!

hahahaha. I KNEW we couldn't be the only ones! Although, since it's me and my sister, I'm feeling a little boy-ish admitting we call it that.... :lmao:

Oh... so many jokes, so little time!

But seriously, I'm glad that they are environment-friendly. I had a feeling that was why the toilets had such gusto, but now I am certain.

yankeepenny
04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
:rotfl2:
go ahead and laugh, i could not believe it last sept at CBR
went to flush and said , whoa- who opened the hoover dam!
:goodvibes

seven dwarfs
04-05-2007, 08:55 AM
That is another cut back, less time spent cleaning them. LOL :rotfl2:

SnowWtch
04-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Strange question but is anyone else every afraid to flush those toilets at night? I'm afraid I'll wake the whole place up b/c it's so much louder than a regular toilet.

Bondfan531
04-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Turbo toilet!!! :rotfl: I've been reading about toilet noise on different boards and sites at the Value resorts but hadn't heard about them being super powered.

That's just too funny. :crazy:

Marty Joe
04-05-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm afraid to flush in the middle of the night... I hate waking everyone up with a shuttle launch in the john.

maelstrom
04-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I hate these toilets. We don't flush them in the middle of the night and I have a hard time with the button. I don't know how kids manage to flush them because it takes a lot of force for me to do it.

MickeyEars
04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
My boys call them "turbo toilets" also!!! :lmao: It's guaranteed that one flush will do the job!!!

Carla

WDWHeather
04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
haha. OH my gosh, I am totally worried about flushing them at night! Probably will wake up the whole complex, you know?!
I, too, have a hard time pushing the button, but I'm not sure if it's because of strength or out of pure terror because I know what is coming! I kind of stand away a little and try to stretch my arm out to touch the button for as little time as possible. I wish it was kind of a tap and go situation, but it definitely isn't. I don't care how many times I use them and how many times I've been to WDW, they still scare the crap out of me(and you can take that as literally as you'd like)!

heatherlynn444
04-05-2007, 02:50 PM
they are like that at the GF, too. I am afraid I am going to break my finger trying to push down on those buttons! and so LOUD! As soon as i push it I run out as fast as I can so I don't go deaf! :rotfl:

WDWHeather
04-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I was just thinking about it and the first time I saw one of these MONDO POWERED toilets, I wasn't even sure HOW to flush it. Had to look around for a bit before I found the button.