PDA

View Full Version : WL Questions. HELP PLEASE

ShelleyRN
04-04-2007, 07:36 PM
We are hoping for free dining in Sept (like everyone else hahaha). If they offer it we were considering upgrading from POP to WL. Is WL really worth the price difference? We would also like a room with bunks. Does anyone know if they are the same price or category as a standard room? Is there any way to book connecting rooms with bunks in each room? Thanks for any help.

cherylclt
04-04-2007, 07:47 PM
We are hoping for free dining in Sept (like everyone else hahaha). If they offer it we were considering upgrading from POP to WL. Is WL really worth the price difference? We would also like a room with bunks. Does anyone know if they are the same price or category as a standard room? Is there any way to book connecting rooms with bunks in each room? Thanks for any help.

I would absolutely choose WL over POP!
Bunk Beds are only available in Woods View and Courtyard View Rooms.
Standard - $215 per night plus tax
Woods View - $240
Woods View Bunk Bed - $260
Courtyard View - $270
Courtyard View Bunk bed - $295
I believe you can get connecting with bunks but I'm not 100% sure.

crate1
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
:woohoo: WL well worth the extra money! We took our chances last year and booked a std room. On arrival we were upgraded to courtyard! I had read of people getting lucky since there are fewer std rooms. The view was awesome! Next time we book it will be courtyard. Not taking a chance..they spoiled me!

ktturner
04-05-2007, 09:18 PM
This may be a dumb question, but I keep seeing posts about requesting rooms. Are we able to request specific rooms when we turn in for a standard view at WL, and if so, how does one do this?

loopner67
04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
We took the leap from POR to WL last March and didn't regret it one bit. WL is awesome and having the bunk beds was perfect for our family. Otherwise, my DH & I end up sleeping with a child. With the bunk beds, our boys were perfectly content and DH & I got the queen sized bed! Yeehaw.

Also, we could see Fireworks from the Magic Kingdom from our woods view room, which was really magical for us. AND we could see the castle through the trees. Loved that!

I've never stayed at the POP, so I can't compare, but I can give two thumbs up to the WL. We're even going back again in a little over 1 week! :cool1:

Seahunt
04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Just one thing to also consider if you are trying to save $$$ - last year the free dining offer meant that you had to pay "rack" rates (non-discounted rates) for your room, and a lot of DISers posted that value or moderate resorts were much better deals with the free dining package than paying rack rates at a deluxe.

Just as an example - say you booked at Pop Century and the rack rate is listed at $82 per night compared to WL Courtyard Queen - Bunk @ rack rate at $295 per night. You can see how the value works out to be such a great deal when it includes free dining! Especially if you have kids with you!

The WL is one of my favorites, and if you were going when free dining might not be offered my suggestion would be different, but when the free dining package is offered and you look at the value resorts it's so hard to pass up such a great deal! ;)

:goodvibes

alldiz
04-06-2007, 06:34 AM

I love WL...If you can swing it....definately try it...
Bunk bed rooms are more money now....but you can guarantee it...
This may be a dumb question, but I keep seeing posts about requesting rooms. Are we able to request specific rooms when we turn in for a standard view at WL, and if so, how does one do this?

Best not to ask for a specific room.....
Ask for....smoking or non....high or low floor...
quiet?...some standard rooms are above WCC...and can be noisy...
If you ask for a specific room #...chances are it wont be
available..and they wont know why you want that specific spot..
Kerri

LisaRN
04-07-2007, 04:38 PM
If you want bunks, you will have to upgrade to a woodsview or Courtyard view and request the bunks. Bunks are an additional fee to the ugraded room view. If you stay standard, request the north wing, though you will be over the service area you will, if you request a higher floor, have a view of the MK fireworks at night :) The other standards, in the south wing, are a view of the bus stop and parking lot. Woods view, same thing, request north wing on a higher floor..it will be the same MK view :) But don't forget, the bunks are an additional fee to the woodsview or courtyard view upgrade :)