PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things...

Colleen27
04-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Okay, so now that we've got the basics fairly hammered out, I get to think about the fun stuff - little surprises to make this trip magic for the kids. Our last trip was the first Disney vacation I planned as an adult, and between ignorance and a tight budget, I didn't put much thought into anything beyond resort choice and ADRs. This time, with the inspiration of everything I learned last time and the knowledge gleaned from far too much time spent poking around these boards, I want to go a step further.

Is there anywhere other than Disney Florist that does gift baskets to be delivered to the resort? The pirate hat they have is perfect for DS9, but DD5 already has all the princess stuff that is in the two princess designs they offer and I was disappointed to see they don't have anything Tink (currently DD's favorite character).

We do already have an autograph book for DD, and I'm planning to tell her if she leaves her book out, maybe she can lure Tink to come sign it while we're asleep - an idea I got from searching to see if Tink does appear anywhere. I figured out that chapstick and glitter make for excellent fairy footprints (and amazingly enough, I made that discovery for reasons that had nothing to do with Disney! :rotfl2: ), and I'll sign the book in small, fancy letters with a cosmetic jewel to dot the i.

We're planning a special day for DD as an unbirthday celebration, complete with a cake, a makeover at BBB, and a late lunch at CRT.

Any other ideas for little things to make the trip magic? I'm especially interested in more "boyish" ideas, because it is so easy to dream up ideas for our princess-loving Disney baby, but a little tougher for our 'big kid' who isn't that into the character parts of the Disney experience.

jazzgirl
04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Is he into sports of any kind? You could maybe see if something cool is happening at the Wide World of Sports and take him to that. Just a thought.

Or Disney Quest. Lots of cool "boy" things to do there.

Colleen27
04-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Is he into sports of any kind? You could maybe see if something cool is happening at the Wide World of Sports and take him to that. Just a thought.

Or Disney Quest. Lots of cool "boy" things to do there.

He's not really into sports, but we do have some things planned just for him. He & DH are planning on taking surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon and going parasailing, we're having dinner at Planet Hollywood just for him, and we'll do our roller coaster day while MIL & Shanna are doing the kid stuff at MGM.

Right now, I'm just looking for those little extra ideas to make it that much more special, and it is tougher for the kid who isn't as easily impressed.

di$neynutz
04-07-2007, 11:25 AM
www.memoriesbysarah.com can create a basket for you.

kldmom2000
04-07-2007, 02:21 PM
What about one of the Pirate cruises for your DS? He's still within the age range....

Or take him canoeing @ Ft. Wilderness?? Or rent one of the water sprites?

Hmmm.... good luck! :) Have a wonderful trip! :)

Vickie46
04-07-2007, 03:02 PM
:thumbsup2 I love the idea of getting Tink's autograph!!! I will have to take your idea for our trip too! Thanks.

Perditamarie
04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
I love your ideas...especially the Tink-o-graph and unbirthday ( do they still have the alice in wonderland tea party?). Here are some thoughts for you...when you hammer out your final fun stuff list, will you post it???

* pirate cruise
* lego-thon at DTD -- super fun building stations outside that both kids will enjoy, but maybe ds when dd is in bbb
* we love to leave little Tink gifts nightly or make our own gift baskets. If you make yourself you can bring in your own luggage (they fit pretty well in a duffle bag and you can lock w/a zip tie) or ship to yourself at your resort.
* buy all the ride pics from your rollercoaster day!
* pin trading anyone?
* penny pressing is super duper fun too -- the machines are tucked all over the place in parks, gift shops, resorts, etc -- pack sets of 2 quarters and 1 penny in mini m&m tubes and you can buy a penny press book to hold your smooshed treasures.
* have a photo safari and give the kids disposable and a list of items to photograph at each park -- maybe a princess/pirate theme or something meaningful to your family
* go to Beaches and Cream and eat the Kitchen Sink for supper.