PDA

View Full Version : Tambu Lounge at Polynesian

boomhauer
04-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know what time the Tambu Lounge opens at?

We were hoping to swing by there mid-afternoon (3:00 or so) and have a drink.

Thanks.

Bob P
04-04-2007, 01:11 PM
The Tambu Lounge is open from 1PM till midnight.

boomhauer
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
The Tambu Lounge is open from 1PM till midnight.

:thumbsup2

Thank you.

KS Jeff
04-04-2007, 01:47 PM
I think they must run a skeleton crew there until later in the day, because we have not had very good luck getting served there mid-afternoon. Once the bartender ignored us for 15 minutes (we left), another time the bartender was nowhere in sight - one of the hotel staff had to go find him for us.

ADP
04-04-2007, 02:29 PM
I think they must run a skeleton crew there until later in the day, because we have not had very good luck getting served there mid-afternoon. Once the bartender ignored us for 15 minutes (we left), another time the bartender was nowhere in sight - one of the hotel staff had to go find him for us.

The last two times I've been there before 4:00PM there was one bartender and no servers in the lounge. I believe it is intended to be that way, but not sure.

smep013
04-04-2007, 02:29 PM
We love this lounge and cannot wait to be back there! I actually have a photo of it as my background on my computer!

mabenoab
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
What a great idea! It never occurred to me to stop by one of the hotel lounges for a little respite and drink in the afternoon. I think I hear the Poly music from the Tambu calling me. How relaxing!:hippie:

smep013
04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
We usually go there early for our Ohana ADR, but I think this year we may stop by there to relax :-) Especially when it is 100 degrees. Really wish we were staying there!

maelstrom
04-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Where is the Tambu Lounge? I just turned 21 so I want to take advantage of it during my next trip in May, but I just can't figure out where it is. And I've been to the Poly a lot.

smep013
04-05-2007, 02:10 PM
It is at the entrance to Ohana, in what I believe is the main building.

LibertyLover
04-05-2007, 02:15 PM
What a great idea! It never occurred to me to stop by one of the hotel lounges for a little respite and drink in the afternoon. I think I hear the Poly music from the Tambu calling me. How relaxing!:hippie:

The first time I went to WDW, I took my 2 nephews (12) and my niece (9). We stayed at CR because at the time it had the best game room. Every afternoon about 4 pm or so, we would go back to the hotel and go to Outer Rim lounge on the 4th floor. I'd have a cocktail (or two) and the kids would have mocktails. It was a great way to relax and chill. Afterwards we'd go swimming or the kids would go down to the gameroom and I'd read.

One morning we were in the elevator going down to breakfast when it stopped and in got a bunch of older men and women, all wearing name tags for a Baptist Church convention. My one nephew, looking at the name tags, got an evil look in his eye and then asked me if we were going to go to the bar for drinks that afternoon as usual. It was a good thing the elevator was not air tight, because the in drawn breathes of air that the conventioneers did would have exhausted it on the spot. :rotfl:

maelstrom
04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
So if you want to go get a drink during the time 'Ohana is open, you have to deal with the "festivities" there? Is there a quieter lounge area to sit in?

smep013
04-05-2007, 02:33 PM
It is pretty well closed off from the Ohana festivities (if you mean the hoola-hooping, etc). The bar only has 8 seats or so, and then there are tables and comfy chairs around that area so you are overlooking the lobby. There are not walls to the lounge. It is pretty out in the open. I would not say it is LOUD, but it is not quiet.

edcrbnsoul
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Lapu Lapu's http://www.edmccann.com/smilies/cheers2.gif :banana:

mabenoab
04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
My one nephew, looking at the name tags, got an evil look in his eye and then asked me if we were going to go to the bar for drinks that afternoon as usual. It was a good thing the elevator was not air tight, because the in drawn breathes of air that the conventioneers did would have exhausted it on the spot. :rotfl:

:lmao:

paulag
04-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I cannot WAIT to have a LAPU LAPU! It is our first time at the Poly. Since we have 3 children, I guess Dh and I will have to visit the lounge in shifts. Is there a way I can enjoy my lapu lapu AND be with my family at the same time?

I wish I could go there now~

smep013
04-06-2007, 10:39 AM
What is a Lapu Lapu? A drink?

paulag
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Tropical fruit juices and Myers dark rum served in a fresh pineapple topped w/ Bacardi 151

sotoalf
04-06-2007, 11:34 AM
The Tambu and the Outer Rim are the only resort lounges open in the early afternoon. If you're at the MK and desperately need a drink (I know I do!), they're great options.

Marty Joe
04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I had a Lapy Lapu on our last visit because I have heard how great they are. I don't know if the bartender got carried away but that drink was just pure evil! I'll take my usual Mai Tai from now on...:drinking1

edcrbnsoul
04-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I cannot WAIT to have a LAPU LAPU! It is our first time at the Poly. Since we have 3 children, I guess Dh and I will have to visit the lounge in shifts. Is there a way I can enjoy my lapu lapu AND be with my family at the same time?

We went and got them at the pool bar(seemed stronger) or the lounge (they come in pineapples that way) and just brought them back to the room .

boomhauer
04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Island Sunset.

Best frozen drink I've ever had.:love:

kaysmommie
04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Tambu Lounge has great strong drinks if you ask me ;) . I only had one drink and was pretty buzzed. Does anyone know what time the entertainment starts on most nights?

edcrbnsoul
04-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Tambu Lounge has great strong drinks if you ask me ;) . I only had one drink and was pretty buzzed. Does anyone know what time the entertainment starts on most nights?

Right after a couple of Lapu Lapu's.... oh you meant the lounges.

Try the Backscratchers and the Zombies too.

crazywig
04-06-2007, 03:44 PM

the lounge is a huge open area, we take the kids with us :). usually we're only there for a short while before dinner at the Kona.

mabenoab
04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
This is my favorite thread!

LOL!

I wondered what a Lapu Lapu was after that first post. Now I know I'm going to try one.

:thumbsup2

Jill Schwartz
04-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I've heard that if you want a Lapu Lapu in the scooped out pineapple, don't order from the pool bar.
I assume you could order one inside and carry it out to a lounge chair by the pool??
Jill