PDA

View Full Version : Checking in late

Ddoc185
04-04-2007, 10:59 AM
We will be arriving late at WL in Aug. We are not landing in FL untill 10:00pm How will ME work with our bags that late:confused3 . Also do you think I should let WL know that we are coming that late. Thanks

BethA
04-04-2007, 01:56 PM
We checked in late last time--they already had our keys printed, because they said the comp[uter is down at night, and we had to come back in the morning to put charging on the cards.

I was told they would drop the bags off at the room, but instead they left a message on the phone---not really a call--that they had them, but we didn't get it til the morning, and then they brought the luggage.

I did call to say we'd get in late--actually arrived at 2am instead of 11 because of flight delays, they didn't seem interested in my call and said they don't give your room away.

CleveRocks
04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Your room is guaranteed until 6:00 a.m. the following day, no matter what.

No need to call, but I guess no harm in doing so if it makes you feel better.

Ddoc185
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks for you help:thumbsup2

Indy's Girl
04-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Also, I know your flight is getting in at 10 but if for any reason there are delays be aware that DME will not pick up your bags from baggage claim after midnight, you will have to get them from baggage claim yourself and have them loaded onto the bus. I just heard about this on the transportation board, I think it is a relatively new policy, but something to keep in mind for late night flights.

BethA
04-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Oh- I hope that is not true---my parents are meeting us, but have a flight arriving at 11pm--which with USAir there are always delays--one of the reasons we decided on ME for them was so they wouldn't have to worry about their luggage and wouldn't have to drag it around themselves. Do you happen to know thw thread about that?

Indy's Girl
04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
BethA: here is the thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1393407
Actually it says they won't pull bags after 11pm so I hope you can figure out something for your parents! Good luck:goodvibes