PDA

View Full Version : Favortie que and why

disneyfanatic4
04-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Forgive me if this thread has been done recently. I was just curious what everybody's favorite que is and why they like it.

I love the Indiana Jones que. I never mind standing in that line. Maybe because I always get cooled off once inside.

MATTERHORN
04-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I never mind waiting in line for Splash Mountain, not sure why exactly as it's not that exciting, but it's one of my favorites.

Andrea

RMH
04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
I like the Matterhorn if it not too hot. You get to do a lot of people watching and you get to see everyone on the Bobsleds. The line seems to move quickly too so you spend less time standing still.

Mom2micayla
04-02-2007, 05:57 PM
My personal favorite queue is the Indiana Jones one. My kid's love the Buzz Lightyear one because they get to see Buzz. :)

DangerMouse
04-02-2007, 06:00 PM
My favorite que is the one with no other people in it! :dance3:

MATTERHORN
04-02-2007, 06:07 PM
My favorite que is the one with no other people in it! :dance3:

Yes, those are great!! :lmao: Hence why the Peter Pan line is NEVER my favorite!

Andrea

cryssi
04-02-2007, 06:09 PM
The Indiana Jones queue made me aspire to be an Imagineer...ok, so I'm not an Imagineer, but I REALLY wanted to be! Instead, I do retail architecture...not quite the same... :(

spazzyjazzy
04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
My favorite is Star Tours because I am a huge Star Wars geek. I love being so close to C-3PO. :ewok: :yoda: :chewy: :darth:
Indiana Jones is my son's favorite.

DangerMouse
04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Yes, those are great!! :lmao: Hence why the Peter Pan line is NEVER my favorite!

Andrea

Peter Pan is my favorite que first thing on an EE morning when I am first in line to get in the gates. I like it so much, I usually go twice! :cool1:

MATTERHORN
04-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Peter Pan is my favorite que first thing on an EE morning when I am first in line to get in the gates. I like it so much, I usually go twice! :cool1:

Yeah, I really prefer it when they close it down for the fireworks and then you happen to be RIGHT there when it opens back up!! Bee-U-T-full!

Andrea

JenDisneylandlver
04-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Pirates, love the atmosphere and the smell (I don't know, that ride has that unique smell! LOL). Buzz is cool, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, and the Matterhorn rank up there too.

mystic_path
04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
I really loved the Indiana Jones Que, that was a blast. I wasnt big on the ride as I felt really clostrophobic on the ride, but the que itself was fantastic. Half the reason that I brought myself to go on the ride so many times with my fellow travellers was because of the que.

mystic_path
04-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Pirates, love the atmosphere and the smell (I don't know, that ride has that unique smell! LOL).

Yes it does have a unique smell. Its very similar to Splash Mountain I found. It was becasue of the water I thought. I looked it up to see what kind of chemicals they use on the water rides cause its not like a chlorine kind of smell. Its a water cleaner called "Ozone". Never heard of it before, but that would explain it.

auntyjenn
04-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Tower of Terror is so awesomely detailed in WDW. I can't wait to see the one in DL. ::MickeyMo

DLR29
04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
1. Indy-amazing detail in the theming. Plus the rope and the pole surprises
2. Roger Rabbit-again great detail in the theming. Sets the scene for the ride.
3. Jungle Cruise-Funny signs and good theming. Too bad most of the theming's upstairs and JC never has that long of a line anymore
4. Haunted Mansion-funny tombstones
5. Star Tours-fun theming. Keeps you entertained.

Lithium_picnic
04-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Pirates, love the atmosphere and the smell (I don't know, that ride has that unique smell! LOL). Buzz is cool, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, and the Matterhorn rank up there too.

Yes! The smell is amazing.

My favorites:

POTC
Splash
Roger Rabbit
Indiana Jones

RubyTurner
04-02-2007, 09:31 PM
I have to go with the majority and say Indiana Jones. I really miss those cards that they gave out so that you could decipher the writing on the walls but I suppose you don't have enough time anymore to look at them. Oh, and pretty sure my dad ALWAYS has to pull the rope just to scare everyone in the room (including me!!).

I always LOVE seeing Buzz in the Astro Blasters! I can just imagine what Walt would have thought of the amazing technology!

JenDisneylandlver
04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one that liked the smell of those rides. :lmao: I think it's the water too, even Small World is like that. I could remember how it smelled since I was a kid, funny how that can bring about childhood memories!

Forgot about Roger Rabbit, that's a really cool one too! OH OH And Monsters Inc. is cool too!;)

mikayla73
04-03-2007, 05:38 PM
I love the smell too! There are lots of smells at DL to :love: , and some that are not so good :scared:

I like Indy, JC, and TOT. I also like Soarin, it gets you in the mood to fly :woohoo:

bubblygrl
04-03-2007, 05:51 PM
For me its the HM (it still creeps me out!) and the POTC the smells the sites and I love going by the Blue Bayou and seeing the people eating.....

AZMickeyfans
04-03-2007, 05:54 PM
I agree too I love the smell of POTC and Splash.

I also love standing under that HUGE ficus tree on Alice. It just makes me happy! :)

LittleWoodenHead
04-03-2007, 05:59 PM
I really like the queues for Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion.

I remember liking the Splash Mountain queue, too, but I haven't been in it for a long, long time (not since discovering the joys of Single Rider-hood). :goodvibes

But there are only two queues which (almost) make me sorry for using a FastPass: Indiana Jones and Roger Rabbit. They're almost like rides in & of themselves.

disneyfanatic4
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I agree. I love Fastpass but sometimes skip it just so I can go through the que. What IS is about that smell....... :confused3

DangerMouse
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Ahhhh, in the infamous POTC smell. I have found a way to (almost) duplicate it in my own car!

First, I run the air conditioning on high with the interior air circulate button on (not a hard thing to do since I live in Phx). Then, after a good several minutes, turn off the air conditioning and switch the vent to outside air. It smells just like PoTC!! Ok, this just may be my own personal funky minivan smell, but I swear, it's that musty, damp smell. pirate: :yay:

AZMickeyfans
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Ahhhh, in the infamous POTC smell. I have found a way to (almost) duplicate it in my own car!

First, I run the air conditioning on high with the interior air circulate button on (not a hard thing to do since I live in Phx). Then, after a good several minutes, turn off the air conditioning and switch the vent to outside air. It smells just like PoTC!! Ok, this just may be my own personal funky minivan smell, but I swear, it's that musty, damp smell. pirate: :yay:

OMG!!! Hysterical. I will have to try this myself. :rotfl2:

mystic_path
04-03-2007, 08:01 PM
:rotfl: This is great! I think its hysterical how many of us LOVE the smell on the water rides :laughing:

As for other rides that I didnt mention and should have, I think the HM is fantastic! It is creepy, I have to agree with those above in other posts.

twinmommyks
04-03-2007, 09:56 PM
My ds6 loved Peter Pan, my ds11 loved Tower of Terror, I loved Soarin and Indiana Jones, my dd6 liked most everything and we all enjoyed Buzz. Oh and dh liked all the thrill rides.

XTinabell
04-03-2007, 10:18 PM
I think the disney dudes have done amazing job on all the queue's but my ultimate fav is Splash mountain especially when you can hear friar rabbit and you're in that cave part. I get such an excited feeling when I get there, my second fav would be Indiana Jones. It's hard to get bored when in line for that one.

BTW I love the POTC smell too!

maberlyne
04-03-2007, 11:03 PM
LOL!!! I'm another POTC smeller, too! I'll smell something similar where I live and think, ah, that smells like POTC!! LOL!

I have a funny story about the Indiana Jones queue, though. My boyfriend apparently was not all that familiar with it. We went on it once or twice, and the second time as we were coming up to the rock/rope thing, some kids in front of us pulled the rope. My boyfriend turned to me, looking totally disgusted, and said, "Can you believe that? Those kids just pulled the rope! The sign RIGHT THERE says not to pull the rope!" I kid you not, he was dead serious! I just looked at him, like, what?! Then I started cracking up... of course, I informed him that if something was in an arm's reach and said "Do not...." then you do it at Disneyland! LOL!!!

I have another story about that same queue. You know a little bit before the rock, where you go through where the skeleton's sitting up against the rock? Well, my bf (same one) and his friend decided it'd be a good picture opportunity. So the friend jumped the little rope fence and sat down next to it. We got a great picture! But as soon as he started to straighten his 6'3" frame, he slammed his head into the low rock ceiling there. Everyone in line went, "Ohhhh..." So we feel stupid, we keep going. He puts his hand on his head. Maybe 25 feet later in line, he takes his hands off and they're COVERED in blood. So we're like, crap, we're in trouble.

So we tell a CM, they make him sit down and radio the nurse. Here comes the nurse with a wheelchair and makes him sit in it on the way back to the nurses station. Now, this is mid day in June - BUSY! The nurse is walking ahead of the wheelchair yelling at people to make way as another CM pushes him. My friend and I are cracking up, my boyfriend's taking pictures. People are looking, of course, and then you just see their faces grimace when they see that 1/3 of his head is covered in blood (he was blond and had a buzz cut so it was totally noticable).

Anywho, we ended up having to go to emergency so he could get staples (2). My parents wouldn't answer their phone, either. When they finally did, it was funny. "Where are you?" "Emergency room." Heheheh.

Sorry so long, just went on a tangent there :)

XTinabell
04-03-2007, 11:26 PM
LOL!!! I'm another POTC smeller, too! I'll smell something similar where I live and think, ah, that smells like POTC!! LOL!

I have a funny story about the Indiana Jones queue, though. My boyfriend apparently was not all that familiar with it. We went on it once or twice, and the second time as we were coming up to the rock/rope thing, some kids in front of us pulled the rope. My boyfriend turned to me, looking totally disgusted, and said, "Can you believe that? Those kids just pulled the rope! The sign RIGHT THERE says not to pull the rope!" I kid you not, he was dead serious! I just looked at him, like, what?! Then I started cracking up... of course, I informed him that if something was in an arm's reach and said "Do not...." then you do it at Disneyland! LOL!!!

I have another story about that same queue. You know a little bit before the rock, where you go through where the skeleton's sitting up against the rock? Well, my bf (same one) and his friend decided it'd be a good picture opportunity. So the friend jumped the little rope fence and sat down next to it. We got a great picture! But as soon as he started to straighten his 6'3" frame, he slammed his head into the low rock ceiling there. Everyone in line went, "Ohhhh..." So we feel stupid, we keep going. He puts his hand on his head. Maybe 25 feet later in line, he takes his hands off and they're COVERED in blood. So we're like, crap, we're in trouble.

So we tell a CM, they make him sit down and radio the nurse. Here comes the nurse with a wheelchair and makes him sit in it on the way back to the nurses station. Now, this is mid day in June - BUSY! The nurse is walking ahead of the wheelchair yelling at people to make way as another CM pushes him. My friend and I are cracking up, my boyfriend's taking pictures. People are looking, of course, and then you just see their faces grimace when they see that 1/3 of his head is covered in blood (he was blond and had a buzz cut so it was totally noticable).

Anywho, we ended up having to go to emergency so he could get staples (2). My parents wouldn't answer their phone, either. When they finally did, it was funny. "Where are you?" "Emergency room." Heheheh.

Sorry so long, just went on a tangent there :)

OMG! That last story had me rubbing my head, he must have cracked it pretty hard.

bumbershoot
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
I've only been on Splash once, but I liked it because it reminded me of "my" old water ride, the one at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Love those rides and their lines. :)

I've always loved Space Mountain's line.

And, what I've seen of it, I like Indiana Jones' line.

wendypooh22
04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Pirates, love the atmosphere and the smell (I don't know, that ride has that unique smell! LOL).

Oh, I am with you on pirates... There is nothing like the smell of "Disneyland water". My second favorite is the Matterhorn. Lots of people watching....

Hound 109
04-05-2007, 12:42 PM

DangerMouse, you crack me up. :lmao: I love that smell too!

Regarding favorite ques' -

Alice - good people watching area & you can enjoy the teenagers spinning the tea cups next door. :crazy2:

Jungle Cruise - To me it's Disney from the 60's.

Small World - a very small line (both times we rode it), but beautiful landscaping there made the line almost too short.

Tiki Room - um....let's see...walk through the turnstyle...sit in neat faux polynesian splendor. In the shade.....and I think...maybe if you want a treat...you can walk over to the "short" "cool kids" line....& buy one of those yellowy, smoothy, somethingeruthers....can't remember the name of em'...What are they called? ;)

(& you can take them inside!!!)

hound :cool1:

XTinabell
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
DangerMouse, you crack me up. :lmao: I love that smell too!

Regarding favorite ques' -

Alice - good people watching area & you can enjoy the teenagers spinning the tea cups next door. :crazy2:

Jungle Cruise - To me it's Disney from the 60's.

Small World - a very small line (both times we rode it), but beautiful landscaping there made the line almost too short.

Tiki Room - um....let's see...walk through the turnstyle...sit in neat faux polynesian splendor. In the shade.....and I think...maybe if you want a treat...you can walk over to the "short" "cool kids" line....& buy one of those yellowy, smoothy, somethingeruthers....can't remember the name of em'...What are they called? ;)

lol, sounds like you're thinking dole whips...mmmmmm

snoodledoo
04-05-2007, 03:28 PM

:cloud9: This is my favorite, too.

We also like Buzz, POTC & Indy.:thumbsup2

SunBunny23
04-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Anywhere you're inside!