PDA

View Full Version : Visa Meet & Greet Event??

ChrisMouse
04-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Can someone tell me how you find out when/where the free meet & greet would be? (My trip is still 5 weeks, but I'm compiling my loads of info, and I can't figure out how to know where the meet & greet would be. **Gotta make sure I get that free picture!)

TIA for any info.

Oh, and I went to Home Depot today, so I'll be sporting my lime green Mickey head on my backpack just in case I see any of you there May 5-12!

mikayla73
04-01-2007, 02:08 PM
It's at Ariel's Grotto in DCA. I believe that it goes until 11:30a. I am not 100% sure what time it starts though, I think when the park opens (10a).

ChrisMouse
04-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks! Is it always the same character? Is there a schedule? Do I just arrive & show my Disney Chase...?

Thanks for your help!

DangerMouse
04-01-2007, 02:15 PM
The photo op is only open for 90 minutes prior to when Ariel's opens for lunch. I can't remember exactly, but I believe it's from 10-11:30.

Taken directly from the Disney Visa Rewards website:

Character Meet 'N' Greet
Cardmember-exclusive Character Meet 'N' Greet Event takes place at Ariel's Grotto in Disney's California AdventureŽ Park (Paradise Pier area).
Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for admission (limited to 6 people per card).
Begins when the park opens and runs for 90 minutes.
Each Cardmember group will receive one complimentary 5x7 group photo with Disney characters; additional photos will be available for purchase.

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/cardbenefits/disneylandresortbenefits.html

ChrisMouse
04-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks SO MUCH!

This works perfectly--we have reservations for the Princess Lunch at Ariel's...we'll just go early!

Thanks!!!

tmatthews
04-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Ariel's Grotto....at 10! They send only 1 family down at a time so it is really special. We went two days and both days Micky and Goofy were there. They played with my son and we got 2 free 5x7!! Don't forget to use this perk! There is a CM waiting at the door....just have your VISA card out.

abby
04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
When we were there in October we found out they do Mickey and Goofy the 1st 1/2 hour then chip and dale then Mickey and Goofy again. We got lucky and got there as they were changing characters and saw all four. We were the only family there, it was so fun.

Husker Mickey
04-16-2007, 11:31 AM
We were there last week and did the meet and greet. The information given so far is correct. A tip - if both you and hubby have a joint account and each have a card, get both of them out and hopefully the CM won't look closely at them. That way you can get two free 5X7's. We did. You can also have other pictures taken in DCA and use one of those for the free pic. I understand that it all depends what CM you get when you pick out your pics. Guess we were luck. Good luck to you!!!