PDA

View Full Version : OK, I think I'm ready!

PrairyChikk
04-01-2007, 02:14 PM
We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for the first leg of our 10 days of California bliss! We're driving to Bismarck, ND and flying out from there. :woohoo:

I'm finishing up the last of the packing today and going over my many, many lists of info I've gathered off of these awesome boards. 3 days for DLR and DCA, a day each at USH, Sea World, SD Zoo & Huntington Beach with a couple of extra free days to do whatever strikes our fancy. :dance3:

Thanks bunches to everyone that shares their wealth of info & experience! And to think I was just gonna get there and "wing it" during one of the busiest times of year. :eek:

I think we're ready. The kids are climbing the walls today, they are so excited. I have my LGMH and hope to spot a DISer or 2! I'll be the one with the printed itinerary & ridemax schedule bossing my dh, dd (15) & ds (11) around! :rotfl:

Any last minute words of wisdom for me?

rentayenta
04-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Just to have the most magical time! pixiedust:

twinmama1999
04-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Have a fabulous trip!!!

LindaM
04-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Have a great time:cheer2:

hlbtimes2
04-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Remember to relax and not overplan. Take some time to just enjoy being with your family and take the park as it comes.

XTinabell
04-01-2007, 04:41 PM
:cool1: :yay: Have soooooo much fun! I wish I was going tomorrow :sad1: But I'll be going in 6 months so I can't complain too loudly, have a great time.

GailT
04-01-2007, 05:27 PM
have a FUNtastic timeI wish I was going tomorrow. Have a safe trip:)

VWCat
04-01-2007, 06:07 PM
yay:cool1: have fun!!!!!:banana:

maddiesmommie
04-01-2007, 06:19 PM
:cool1: :cool1: 31 Days left for us! Have fun!

ozbrooke
04-01-2007, 08:11 PM
:banana: Have a GREAT time! Can't wait to read your trip report, hope the parks aren't too busy. :yay:

Alex2kMommy
04-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Remember to relax and not overplan. Take some time to just enjoy being with your family and take the park as it comes.
I agree. I gathered all kinds of information, read guidebooks, took copious notes and went to DL well-armed (I thought.) But things didn't always go according to plans, and that's OK. Some days we pushed to get to the park at opening; some days we slept in. Some days we started out at DCA when we had planned to hit it in the afternoon. Once in the park I rarely referred to my notes, and forgot a lot of the information in them. It's just sooo overwhelming once you're there!

But I bet you remember the important things:
* See fireworks at first opportunity!
* Head to DCA or the hotel pool when DL gets too busy on the weekend
* Use fastpasses!
* Make sure you try to hit each person's MUST DOs
* The Aladdin musical is awesome! See it if you can

Read the park's daily schedule. It gives not only parade and fireworks times, but what characters will be out and about, where and when. (Might or might not be a big deal with your crew...)

Relax and enjoy. The time goes all too fast, so live it up! :thumbsup2

PrairyChikk
04-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for all of the well wishes and tips! :goodvibes

I'm practicing deep breathing techniques so I don't go into panic mode. Did I pack enough clothes, did I remember all of the important stuff? Will they let me take make up in bottles larger than 3.4 oz in my carry on luggage? And where the heck did I put the extra rechargeable batteries for the camera? :confused3

No, I'm ok, lol! I overplanned like a crazy woman, more to keep me occupied until trip day. I really like to be spontaneous. I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type of gal normally. :banana:

I got the kids to run the Ridemax itinerary this afternoon. That kept 'em busy for an hour. We're done packing and ready to go! :thumbsup2

Is it time to go to sleep yet? :surfweb:

See you when we get back! :mickeyjum

MATTERHORN
04-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Have fun and good luck getting any sleep tonight!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back, and we are having awesome weather around here so it should be prefect!!

Andrea

DisQueen
04-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Welcome to California:beach: Have a wonderful trip! It's gorgeous here right now and should be a perfect week for DL and San Diego. Wave as you drive down the I-5 freeway!

onederland
04-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Have a wonderful time, sounds like u got it 2-gether:woohoo: the weather is perfect out here right now, just enjoy:dance3:

PrincessSitka
04-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Would you mine getting me a map if you have time. I already know that you will have a wonderful time. Enjoy and thank you

PrairyChikk
04-02-2007, 01:34 AM
I will definitely bring back some extra maps.

Happy to hear the weather is awesome, it's been snowing here the last 4 days.

I think I might be getting tired soon... :lmao: