PDA

View Full Version : Our Favorite "All Hands on Deck" a Major Disappointment!

swandiverpatt
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
We just got back from the 3-day Wonder cruise. We've always looked forward to ordering the cheese platter after we get back from Nassau. This time all that was on it was a very thin slice of cheddar, cut into 2 triangles; a very thin slice of Swiss, cut into 2 triangles; and a wedge of gorgonzola! Lots of crackers and a few grapes, but nothing like we've had in the past.

We even ordered one yesterday to see if it was as bad, and it was. :confused3 :sad2: :sad2: DD always liked the smoked gouda or edam -- but even the quantity of what we got was chintzy! I thought I took a picture of it, but guess I didn't.

OTOH, DD won the jackpot at Bingo last night plus one of the other games! It must have been her lucky night! :banana: :banana: :banana:

princess22
04-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Congrats on winning Bingo, I wish I was that lucky

swandiverpatt
04-01-2007, 02:48 PM
She beat me out of the jackpot. The next number up would have been mine! :confused3 :rotfl2:

mommasita
04-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I honestly found this platter a HIT or MISS. Our first 2 cruises it was gorgeous, and a full plate. The third cruise, it was not as great. Oddly enough, it varied every time we ordered it..

Congrats to your DD, that is a way to end the cruise:cool1:

Luckymommyx2
04-01-2007, 07:05 PM
We noticed a big change too between our 2003 and 2006 cruises. If I would have known how small it was I would have ordered two! ;)

swandiverpatt
04-01-2007, 07:42 PM
We would have liked more variety (as we had in August 2006!) We basically had 2 paper-thin slices of cheese and some gorgonzola (which was a rather generous wedge, so I can't fault them with that!)

This was our 2006 plate:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/swandiver/cheeseplate0806.jpg