PDA

View Full Version : birthdays on the magic????

disneycruise_obessed
03-31-2007, 12:42 PM
does anyone know what disney does on the magic for birthdays? my sister and i are celebrating my 16th birthday and her 9th birthday next year. just wondering if they do anything special.

thanks

Kelly1Mickey
03-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Stop by Guest Relations in any of the parks and you will get free pins. Same goes for Honeymoons, Anniversaries, etc...

nana_b
03-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Just tell your waiter on the first or second day... they will ask when you want to celebrate the occassion and after dinner on the right night you will get a cake at the end of the meal with a Happy Birthday song. The head waiter also gave us a birthday pin after the song

The cake is large enough to feel several people (at least 6 or so). BTW, you can also order dessert :banana:

Brucemcc
03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
We had a birthday and an anniversary on board 3 weeks ago. They had a cake for both occasions sent to our table, say songs and gave out pins. We just told our T/A ahead of time before travelling and just confirmed it with our servers the 1st night.Cake was really good and will probably feed 4 no problem.pirate:

BubbaGrump
03-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Stop by Guest Relations in any of the parks and you will get free pins. Same goes for Honeymoons, Anniversaries, etc...

Don't you mean buttons? We've always been givin a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" button.:goodvibes Never thought about one for our Anniversary. Don't think I've ever seen one of those. Oh yeah, to the OP, enjoy your birthday cruise!:thumbsup2

Kelly1Mickey
03-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Don't you mean buttons? We've always been givin a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" button.:goodvibes Never thought about one for our Anniversary. Don't think I've ever seen one of those. Oh yeah, to the OP, enjoy your birthday cruise!:thumbsup2

They are buttons, but we always called noth items pins when I was growing up. A regional thing maybe (like Soda, Pop, Coke). We didn't think of one for your anniversary either, but my best friends anniversary is 2 days befre mine and of course we were at Disney for it. The front desk at Saratoga Srpings gave her their buttons/pins.

I just realized that this was in the Cruise section...sorry. Notify the cruise beforehand and you can get a special package in your room when you arrive (for a charge of coure). Enjoy the cruise! We are dying to go again!

BubbaGrump
03-31-2007, 06:08 PM
They are buttons, but we always called noth items pins when I was growing up. A regional thing maybe (like Soda, Pop, Coke). We didn't think of one for your anniversary either, but my best friends anniversary is 2 days befre mine and of course we were at Disney for it. The front desk at Saratoga Srpings gave her their buttons/pins.

I just realized that this was in the Cruise section...sorry. Notify the cruise beforehand and you can get a special package in your room when you arrive (for a charge of coure). Enjoy the cruise! We are dying to go again!

You always forget our anniversary! :confused3 I swear, some people!:rotfl2:

kcashner
03-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Call your TA (or DCL if you didn't use a TA) and have them note the birthdays on your reservation. That way, your server and head server will already have it on their print out and will just confirm which night you wish to celebrate. It's one less thing you have to remember!

You can purchase room decorations. However, they are put up before you board, not on the actual birthday. I took stuff along and decorated the room and especially the door for my daughter's 13th. The door decorations got a lot of comments and birthday wishes from other guests.

disneycruise_obessed
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
thanks for the info
i'll be sure to tell our t/a
:)