PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me about Build A Bear in DTD

Caitsmama
03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
So... my dd loves BAB here, and i am wondering what different things the one in DTD offers - if any? Do they have disney themed accessories/clothes/ bears??
Any info would be great!! anyone have more pics other than what is shown in the WDWinfo pages?

TIA! :thumbsup2

got2travel
03-30-2007, 08:04 PM
It's not really any different than any other BaB. There are a few Disney outfits to choose from, but mostly just the regular outfits. Its a nice diversion for an afternoon break or a non-park day. But in my opinion if you have one near home, this one is not spectacular enough to give up park time.

minniefaye
03-30-2007, 08:31 PM
I took my daughter to the Disneyland BAB last October, it was our first visit ever to a BAB. I remember since it was October, they had halloween costumes for the bears that were disney themed. If I remember correctly one of the "costumes" was Tigger, another was Pooh. We also could choose from several other disney princess outfits. My daughter chose the Princess Aurora dress and wand for her doll. She also chose to stuff a large Minnie Mouse instead of a bear. HTH a little bit!:goodvibes

Caitsmama
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks!! unfortuately it doesn't sound like it has "extras" versus a reg. BAB. I believe all the reg. stores have the disney costumes, I have seen in our stores, Tink (we have that one), Princesses, Lilo, Buzz..etc. So.. i guess i was hoping for some different accessories or DLR shirts or something.. Do they have souv. DLR tshirts for the bears? I know when we were in Myrtle beach SC last mo. they had a BAB there, and they had cute MB t's that the bears could wear.. Which is why we did a BAB there too.. she dressed it in the Myrtle Beach tshirt. Nice Souvie..

CaliforniaDreamin
03-30-2007, 09:06 PM
We went in October. The girls had planned to get a Mickey or Minnie Build a Bear but they ended up getting an outfit for bears they already had at home. The outfit was a tshirt that says Disneyland on it and Mickey Mouse ears that also say Disneyland on them. It is a really cute set and as far as I know, you can only get it at DTD in DL. The price was reasonable, around $12 or $15.

Twinprincesses
03-30-2007, 09:32 PM
My girls got the Mickey and Minnie. They do not have those here so they loved being able to build their own.

dohgusgus
03-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Do they accept Disney dollars at BAB in DTD?

CdnMouseEars
03-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I actually work at one of the BABW's here in Canada! :goodvibes

Regular stores do have some Disney outfits, but not all of them. The ones we usually have in rotation are Woody, Buzz, Tinkerbell, Cinderella, Mulan, Aurora and Ariel. The store in DTD has a much wider selection of other characters, along with some "Disneyland" t-shirts (one comes with some ears, as someone else pointed out, and there's also the mouse hands as well!) and a DTD t-shirt. Every store has something unique to it based on it's location. You can also make your own Mickey or Minnie at the DTD location. (To see them and other products just go to the BABW website and type "Disney" in the search bar on the site).

The DTD store is 3 or 4 levels (I can't remember for sure) which is much much bigger than the regular stores. I have no idea how it's laid out though, but I know that when I'm there in June I'll definitely be checking it out if not for souviners, then for it's size and atmosphere!

But that's just me... ;)

minniefaye
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
You're right, the DTD store is multi leveled. However, when we were there in Oct of 2006, they had the upstairs closed off. I'm guessing that's a more quiet "season" for them?? Anyway, we are going back to DL this October again, and I'm taking my daughter to BAB for her birthday surprise! :yay:

onederland
03-30-2007, 11:07 PM
we went to BAB when we went to DL in 05' and my girls got DL 50th anniversary t-shirts and mickey ears for their bears along with a DL pink t-shirt and mickey ears and the white gloves this came as a set I think for $15.
really cute:flower3:

Pixieshouse
03-30-2007, 11:42 PM
We were there last month and there were Mickey and Minnie dolls as well as Winnie the Pooh. They also had more princess costumes and a pirate costume that I had never seen.

Have fun and my tip is to go to the store in the morning or early in the day. Late in the day is really busy!!!!

Caitsmama
03-31-2007, 06:21 AM
Thanks so much guys!! See, that's what i wanted to hear, that they have specific tshirts and stuff to go with DLR!YEA!! We are definately going to hit it.. Probably on the day we do DCA? Heck....... maybe "mom" will even build herself a bear! LOL.. i'll admit, i am dying to do it.. just holding out for the "right time" LOL

Jenn, please post back after you go in June, i would love to hear details from a BAB workers' prospective!

THEDISFANS
03-31-2007, 07:03 AM
We were @ bab @dl lasy may the line to get your bear stuffed was around the building. Then we had to wait in another line to pay. I think that they did have a lot of disney stuff though.pirate:

eduk8r26
03-31-2007, 12:42 PM
The upstairs is now open. It used to be the "party place", but it now has pretty much the same stuff as downstairs. You can also make the dolls. I think they are 2B a friend or something like that. They are only girls. The Ontario Mills BABW has the boys. They also come with clothes.

dohgusgus
03-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Do they take Disney dollars at Build a Bear in downtown Disney?

CdnMouseEars
03-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Jenn, please post back after you go in June, i would love to hear details from a BAB workers' prospective!

:goodvibes For sure! I can't wait to see the place for myself, my store is just a regular small store and it'll be so cool to see the DTD location in all it's glory! I can't wait! :woohoo:

Do they take Disney dollars at Build a Bear in downtown Disney?

I called the DTD location today and asked them this question. They do take Disney Dollars but not Disney Gift Certificates. Hope this helps!

labagit
03-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Can Disney gift cards be used to purchase Disney dollars? I bought each of my children a gift card to use for souveniers, and I'm wondering if this might be a way around it if they decide to buy something at BAB.