PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Care Doctor near Disneyland

mickeysgal
03-30-2007, 07:24 AM
We're getting ready for our trip and of course, two of the kids are sick. We're taking them to the doctor today to have them checked out. In the event they get sick or the rest of us come down with something while we're in Disneyland, where can we go? Are there any reliable, decent urgent care walk in places near Disneyland? Any suggestions?

shyboy72
03-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I know the GCH has a inhouse nurse, other then that I'm not sure..

HydroGuy
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
When we went to DLR in 2005, we had not one, not two, but four kids with ear infections while we were there. There is a physician service which makes house (or rather hotel) calls. The doctor came to our hotel room and, knowing ahead of time that we likely had ear infections, brought antibiotics with her which she prescribed on the spot. This saved us a trip to a pharmacy.

The medical service we used and now recommend is: HouseCall Physicians, (800) 362-7911. Their website is www.housecallphysicians.org (http://www.housecallphysicians.org).

mickeysgal
03-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Thank you for the replies. I hope we won't need to use this advice.

Albort
03-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Disneyland and DCA both have First Aid centers. DLR = by photopass center, DCA = by Mission Tortilla. Both usually have Ambulances on standby or other carriers to take you to the ER if needed.

The closest ER/medical center is a bit of a walk but its on Anahiem Blvd. Its north of Ball Road. If you still want to talk there, go North on Harbor, make a left on Ball Rd, then make a left on Anahiem Blvd.

Its called Western Medical Center.

mickeysgal
03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Disneyland and DCA both have First Aid centers. DLR = by photopass center, DCA = by Mission Tortilla. Both usually have Ambulances on standby or other carriers to take you to the ER if needed.

The closest ER/medical center is a bit of a walk but its on Anahiem Blvd. Its north of Ball Road. If you still want to talk there, go North on Harbor, make a left on Ball Rd, then make a left on Anahiem Blvd.

Its called Western Medical Center.

Thank you Albort. The medical center isn't too far and we'll have a car. Hopefully we won't have to go there.

poconoboatniks
03-31-2007, 03:30 PM
I had to be seen by a doctor while were at DL last Christmas (couldn't get on the plane with the head congestion). There is a medical practice that took our insurance within 5 minutes drive of the Candy Cane Inn. I would call your insurance company for the names and telephone numbers of doctors in the DL area.

PrincessSitka
03-31-2007, 11:53 PM
wow what a service

jocotter
04-01-2007, 02:00 PM
We've been to Western Medical Center two times and they were very nice. They tried to bill our insurance (Blue Cross) both times, but since the illnesses weren't major emergencies, and were out of network, BC wouldn't pay. Each visit cost about $500, so that's something to consider. We took my nephew once because he had been vomiting for 2 days and couldn't keep food down. They gave him a shot and suppositories and he got much better. It was worth $500 to get him to feeling better. The other time, I had a bad UTI and if you've had one, you know how that can really hurt! I was worth the money to me to go and get rid of the pain.

They didn't make us pay right then, due to the insurance. With mine, I took 3 months to pay it off and they were fine with that. So we were able to take care of the cost after we got home.

PrincessSitka
04-01-2007, 02:22 PM
You can ask your insurance company for an exception. And they should pay. But you have to ask them for that. Because you was not in your area etc

jocotter
04-01-2007, 09:46 PM
You would think so, but in my case, Blue Cross said that they would only approve for things like heart attacks, broken bones, etc. that won't wait. They said for a UTI you can wait to get home. I disagree with that - the pain was too miserable. They counted it toward my deductible, but wouldn't pay like they do in network.:confused: