PDA

View Full Version : The "new" Tinkerbell

lilpixie
03-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Just wanted to say that I am *so* glad that in the new Disney Fairies book series, they have made Tinkerbell much more likeable! They don't portray her all "snotty" like in Peter Pan. They focus on her talent ("tinkering" with pots and pans and she fixes things for everyone) and how she uses it to help Pixie Hollow. All of the fairies have a talent and it is cute to see how they discuss how they use their talents. Now we love Tink and the new fairies (I have 3 little girls and they adore them). I had just read a few posts about how some think Tink is so mean and wonder why people would want their little girls to like her -- but the new "softer side" of Tink is refreshing :) !!
But yes, we just got Peter Pan when it was re-released and my girls ask why Tink is not very nice in that movie LOL

mystic_path
03-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I think that this Tinkerbell will be adorable no doubt, and I cant wait to see the movie. I will be front line and center. But im gonna miss the sassyness of the old Tinkerbell. Thats what makes her unique I think. We all get a kick out of her because I think as ladies we can all relate to her to some degree :rotfl: I hope that they at least make the new Tink some what sassy.

That would be so cool if they made a 3D animation show for the parks about Tinkerbell. That would draw in a huge crowd I would think.

lilpixie
03-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Mystic ~
I agree -- I think there should be some type of show or ride about Tink at DL! She is definately a huge Disney icon! The new Tink is still a little sassy (at least in the new disney fairies books), -- I think in the new books they've released they've made her more likeable so she can be a good role model for girls (? -- maybe?)
The graphics are adorable for this new movie. Have you been to disneyfairies.com and checked out the trailor for the movie? We are so bummed that it possibly won't be out till next year.
But yes, you're right, Tink can't lose all her spunk! I just wanted to post about the new Tink becuse a lot ot moms were saying that they wouldn't want their daughters to like Tink. But the new series is a great one and very appropriate for young girls :love: My girls keep going to "create a fairy" on the disney fairies page and have used up all of my cardstock printing out their fairies LOL We are anxiously awaiting the new movie . . .

Caitsmama
03-30-2007, 08:48 AM
I for one would be totally bummed if they changed Tink! I think the "old" Tink is what makes her my fav.. LOL, I LOVE her attitude, and her spunk. Me and my dd (6) watch the new release of PP, and we just laugh at Tink.. We both love her!!
As for those who say the "old" tink isn't a good role model..... well.. She is a cartoon character, not meant to be a "role" model.. That is OUR job as parents. She is what she is.. if you (not YOU.. just a general "you") don't like her, then don't watch - right?? Me, i like my "old" Tink.. and i am sure the new movie will be GREAT, as we will definately be right there when it comes out, i just hope they keep a lil' bit of her 'tude! LOL
And, yes.. i agree, it would be awesome if they would do something for tink at one of the parks (or both!!), She deserves it!

lilpixie
03-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Caitsmama ~ have you are your DD read the new Tink books? They are very cute! And yes, Tink still keeps her spunk :) -- but she has moved on from Peter Pan and focuses more about her life in Pixie Hollow with the other fairies and they have lots of fun adventures. I have always thought Tink was cute -- yes, even the "old" Tink :) But -- I am glad they have made Tink spunky, but not mean in this new series. Of course, there is a mean fairy named Vidia -- there always has to be an outcast of some sort. My DD7 is very tender hearted and likes Wendy a lot, too -- and that is why she was concerned that Tink was mean to her LOL She gets really into her movies.
Hopefully they add some new Tink attractions!

SamIAm21
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I too like her attitude and spunk in both Peter Pan and Return to Neverland. She can't help she loves Peter and get a little jealous over him. She's a "can-do" kind of fairy with just a touch of neurotic! :laughing:

You know she has a soft heart under all that pixie dust.

I can't wait for the new movie either!!

Caitsmama
03-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Caitsmama ~ have you are your DD read the new Tink books? They are very cute! And yes, Tink still keeps her spunk :) -- but she has moved on from Peter Pan and focuses more about her life in Pixie Hollow with the other fairies and they have lots of fun adventures. !

No, we haven't .. but we constantly view the trailer thingie on the PP DVD, and my dd is all excited! Maybe i will have to find a book to put in dd's easter basket.. Where did you find them?? I guess Barnes and Noble will have them ?
So, Tink has moved on from PP huh?? Finally figured out there must be a "boy fairy" that she can hang over huh? LOL :rotfl: Good for her!

lilpixie
03-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Caitsmama ~
I found they books at Target -- they are little chapter books and they are only $5. I bet your DD would love them. There is also a *darling* hardback one called "In the Realm of Never Fairies" that has beautiful pics and all kind of fairy lore (on Amazon). My girls also loved one called "Secret Fairy Homes" (Target) that has pics of the fairies homes -- darling. I need some new books to come out because we have all of them LOL!