PDA

View Full Version : How much $$ does Photopass cost?

dohgusgus
03-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I kinds stink at taking pictures and I was looking into photopass, how much is it?

labagit
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
From what I've read, it's $125. A lot of money, but you can get 300 pictures. Many people here try to find someone to share with. Perhaps since you're going with 3 generations, the cost can be split amongst your family.

KatelynnsAuntie
03-29-2007, 10:35 PM
If you split it with someone...do you still only get one cd? Or can you request 2 or ???

dohgusgus
03-29-2007, 11:02 PM
I think I'll just stick to my own photography. We're all tight on http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/socal_pickid/Disney/Forums%20icons/twocents.gif and this trip is barely happening. Maybe next time when I have saved more money. Thanks DISers

cmwade77
03-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Photopass depends, basically their photos are free, you just have to pay to buy them, the CD is $126, but you could also buy a scropbook, etc. and you can do so after you get home, you have 30 days from the date the first picture is taken (yest it works a little different at DL than at WDW), also if you let them take a picture with their camera they will take one with yours as well.

godalejunior
03-30-2007, 03:06 PM
The closer it got to the deadline that you have to purchase by (30 days I think) we started getting emails for 20% off. Not sure if that still happens but it helps with the cost. I believe if you have an AP you get a discount?

Danauk
03-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Are they really OK with taking a picture with your camera too? On our trip there will just DH and I so we will have to use photopass to get some photos of us. I feel a bit cheeky asking someone who is paid to take photos to take one with my camera too. Do any photopass people refuse to do this? I will probably end up buying a couple of the photopass ones anyway to add the borders to, but then just use the ones they took with my camera.

Illuminations_Rocks
03-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Are they really OK with taking a picture with your camera too? On our trip there will just DH and I so we will have to use photopass to get some photos of us. I feel a bit cheeky asking someone who is paid to take photos to take one with my camera too. Do any photopass people refuse to do this?

Yes, they really are ok with doing it. They're Disney workers and are taught to make the guests happy! But, from my experiences, just because they're paid to take pictures doesn't mean that their pictures are the greatest! I had wonderful photopass pictures in August but completely awful ones in January... half were blurry! Most of them see the camera in your hand and even offer to take the picture. Don't feel awkward! Also, though, you can buy their pictures at the park, you can get the cardboard or nicer frames, and you get at least a 5x7.

labagit
04-01-2007, 12:15 AM
It's very easy to find someone willing to take a photo of you. I typically look for someone taking photos and ask if they would like one of their entire party. Then I ask them to return the favor. ;) No guarantees on what you'll get, but if you have a fool-proof camera, it's usually okay. You can preview it if you have a digital camera and try again, if necessary. That said, I'm probably going to be purchasing some photos as well. I have a couple of friends going during the same month, as well, so we might possibly share a CD if we feel it's worth it once we see the number and quality of photos taken.

Dukland
04-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Don't be afraid to ask people to take your pictures. I have never been in so many pictures as our first family trip to Disneyland. I am in a lot of the pictures, holding kids, with the characters. No one minded at all.

mikayla73
04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
It has always been just DH and I on our DL trips, and I have had several CM's come up to us when one or the other was taking a pic and offered to take one of us together.:goodvibes We have puchased some pics from before, but we haven't been since DL got photopass, so we'll see how it works.:hippie: But from my experience, the CM's don't mind taking pics of guests.