PDA

View Full Version : super busy=closing the park?

VWCat
03-29-2007, 01:10 PM
eek! is that true? If it is crazy busy they close the park? Does it stay closed all day or what the heck? this scares me. anyone?

Sosai X
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
They don't close it, they just don't admit more people through the gates or sell more tickets when capacity is reached. Something to do with fire marshall and safety regulations. When people exit the park and numbers go down, they open the gates again.

VWCat
03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
oooh okay...well lets say we go to ee then back to the disneyland hotel for a rest,so there could be a possiblity that we couldn't get back in til it's less busy? thanks for the info:thumbsup2

Sosai X
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm not exactly sure what the policy is for re-entry .. if you have that day's hand stamp, i would think they would let you back in ... you could always go over to DCA, it NEVER reaches capacity ... :rotfl2:

VWCat
03-29-2007, 01:26 PM
:thumbsup2 cool,thanks for the info! got a bit scared as we are going the opening of nemo week..eek!

kuusimo
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
The only time I have heard of them doing this is during Christmas/New Year's.

ScooterL
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
It's not just around Christmas...we were there on November 10 (a Friday!) and they were at capacity that afternoon...we went to DCA, but were able to enter Disneyland around 6:00.

disneyfanatic4
03-29-2007, 01:58 PM
I did read, in a different thread, that if you leave Disneyland, there is a chance you won't be allowed back in if it reaches capacity. Someone, sorry don't remember who, said that even though they had their hand stamped, they were not allowed back in because Disneyland was at capacity. It sounded like it caused a big "stink". They were upset because when they left the park they were not told that there was a chance that they would not be allowed back in.

MATTERHORN
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes it has happened the last two Veterans Days in a row which is why ScooterL experienced it. But I cannot remember a time it has happened in June in many many years if ever!!! The only other time I can think of not on a US holiday time is on DL birthday in 2005 perhaps!

Andrea

hlbtimes2
03-29-2007, 02:11 PM
The park does reach capacity a few times a year. Typically its around holidays- July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years.

There is a whole system/ order in which they limit entry. They start by limiting new ticket sales. Then limiting entry to those that have handstamps, then those staying onsite, etc. Until they reach the point that NO one is allowed to enter until people leave.

You are going in June, when Nemo opens. It could be very busy that week. I would be careful leaving the park. Ask about your chances of being let back in based on being a resort guest and a hand stamp.

VWCat
03-29-2007, 02:12 PM
yeah I'm just worried about the nemo causing havoc...I've looked up to see if dlh has been all booked yet for that time period and it hasn't so maybe people are staying away that week...who knows

VWCat
03-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I'll make sure I ask when leaving the park,thanks guys:thumbsup2

ButterflyJen
03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
How about the Friday before Memorial Day? Would that be a really busy day? TIA!

CdnMouseEars
03-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm going the week of June 10th as well. I honestly have no idea what to expect because of the opening of Nemo. :confused3 I'm planning on taking a break sometime between 1-5 so hopefully if it does reach capacity then the park will start to empty and let more people back in around dinnertime. If not there's always DCA until then!

VWCat
03-29-2007, 02:21 PM
yeah I'm doin every ee and then taking a break when it gets busy and then coming back after a swim and a nap:cool1:

tinkerbelt
03-29-2007, 02:37 PM
How about the Friday before Memorial Day? Would that be a really busy day? TIA!

It will be really busy, but they won't necessarily shut the gates. Like others have mentioned, it's pretty rare. The last time that I know of that they reached capacity was on January 2nd.

Usually when DL reaches capacity, you can still get in over at DCA. Though once DL closes it's gates, I imagine that DCA fills up quickly. But it would take *a lot* of people to fill both parks to capacity.

Albort
03-29-2007, 02:41 PM
It will be really busy, but they won't necessarily shut the gates. Like others have mentioned, it's pretty rare. The last time that I know of that they reached capacity was on January 2nd.

Usually when DL reaches capacity, you can still get in over at DCA. Though once DL closes it's gates, I imagine that DCA fills up quickly. But it would take *a lot* of people to fill both parks to capacity.

Since the 7 months i been there, DCA has only been closed due to heavy crowding once. Thats about it.

I am told that if you have a handstamp, you should be let in. But i may be wrong about it.

Mtnman44
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Guests of the DLR hotels will always be allowed in....right?

Albort
03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Guests of the DLR hotels will always be allowed in....right?

most likely, you will get in via Early Entry :)

VWCat
03-29-2007, 03:49 PM
thanks guys for clearing that up:cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo:
you are awesome:grouphug:

hlbtimes2
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
If it is super crowded and the fire marshall says NO MORE- it will not matter where you are staying and if you are stamped. Its very rare that it happens, but it can.

tlovesdis
03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
It's happened to me twice! Once was in October the year the Electric Parade was going away (maybe 1995) and once on a 4th of July!

I have a picture somewhere of the old DL sign that says "Disneyland is Closed".

VWCat
03-29-2007, 05:55 PM
hehe,there are so many different variables for this trip,I'm glad I'm not stressing over all the possibilities: june gloom,crazy crowds for nemo,park closing,2 grad nights. And you know why I'm not stressing, other than I'm freakin excited,I have everything planned because of all the tips and tricks you guys have given me:thumbsup2:cool1: :banana: :hippie: :love:

cmwade77
03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
It actually happens quite often, sometimes to DCA and not DL and sometimes to DL and not DCA, basically here's how it works:

First they stop selling one day, one park tickets (at this point if Disneyland is closed, they may sell a one day pass that states something like "Valid for Admission to California Adventure Only until 4:30 PM" After 4:30 PM, if DL's capacity is back to normal you would then be able to enter Disneyland, but not re-enter DCA. They don't do this part all of the time)

Next they stop selling tickets all together

Then they go to allowing only Resort Guests and Annual Pass Holders

Then they go to letting one guest in for each guest that leaves.

Then they completely stop allowing people to enter, although re-entry may still be possible, depending on the situation.

This happens:
End of April (when the So Cal promotion ends, usually to DCA)

Mid June (When most schools get out to either park)

the week of July 4th (Disneyland)

Various days throughout August (either park, never seems to happen to both at once though)

colbybug
03-30-2007, 12:16 AM
It happened last "end of April" to us. It was the weekend just before the last promotion ended. If I remember correctly, this was also when Easter was really late in April. So we had post Easter crowds, some spring breakers, the last day of some promotion for the locals, Disneyland wasn't letting anyone in so we went over to DCA and they were out of all Fast Passes at noon. They weren't issuing anymore for the entire day! I never even knew that this could happen! Silly me. Anyway, this was on a Saturday and by Sunday, the crowds weren't that bad.....still really busy but noticably less.....
We are going again the same time this year and we're hoping that it won't be quite as crowded this time....especially with Easter being earlier in the month!

Kathy

Warlock128
03-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Its happened to me only once, dec 29th 2005. We arrived at the park at 10pm and waited in line to buy our tickets, and then say everyone start to walk away, i asked what happened, and i was informed DL was full. its was my anniversary we always go every year on this day, and i was D#)$ed if i wasnt going to go in, i said ill pay whatever lol, as long as it gets me in, and the lady at the booth said....well......you COULD buy 2 day hopper tickets, she mentioned how it somehow is ok to buy those and still be allowed in since technically it lets you in both parks, so it doesnt count as a dedicated DL ticket or something....and i had a party of 3 others with me...but my love for my gf was too much to just turn back...so...off to the ATM i went, and in we went for a awesome day ^-^.

denyd
03-30-2007, 07:24 PM
It's my understanding the DL management has already made arrangements with Caltrans to use the slow lane of Highway 5 for the Nemo Line overflow for the first 2 weeks of June :dance3:

Really the only times I would worry about DL is the Christmas, holiday weekends or special events POTC3 premiere, Nemo opening, etc. DCA will feel the crunch primarily when DL is not admitting people (like POTC3 premiere) or when they open a new ride (Midway Madness next year).

VWCat
03-30-2007, 07:57 PM
nemo is gonna be nuts..I'm afraid:rotfl:
the dlh isn't full yet though,maybe it will be all pass owners.