PDA

View Full Version : Howard Johnson Building 4?

twinmama1999
03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey everyone,

I received an email from my travel agent advising that my tickets for DL are ready for p/u. Excited cannot describe how I feel!! :cool1:

I have a quick question.

We are staying at Howard Johnson Anaheim and after reading comments on here that the freeway is quite noisy, I put in a request that we be put in a room away from the freeway if at all possible. My agent just emailed and said she requested Building 4 as itís furthest from the freeway. Iím wondering if this is a good choice?

I tried going on the HoJo website to see where itís located but I their pdf map is having technical difficulties right now so I could nít see where itís located on the map. Not sure if itís my work computer or the site, but I canít get on screen.

Thanks in advance.

DangerMouse
03-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Bldg. 4 is one of the two-story bldgs. It is closest to the pool with splash playground. It should be quiet. I think most of the rooms in these bldgs. have two doubles. Also, be aware that if you are on the 2nd floor, there is no elevator, so you will need to be able to handle a flight of stairs with your luggage.

My preference at the HoJo is Bldg. 2. It is very quiet back there.

Here is a direct link to the pdf. Hope it helps.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/pdf/room_layouts.pdf

MATTERHORN
03-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I have stayed in every building except 4 and I requested 4 for June because of my little ones and proximity to the main pool. But I have to agree that building 2 facing the quiet pool, I could hear crickets chirp it was sooooo quiet.

Andrea

PeterPansPixie
03-28-2007, 03:15 PM
We have only stayed in Building 1 and have avoid 3 and 4 because of the double beds. I think that another issue people have mentioned with the rooms in Buildings 3 and 4 are the top floor rooms have half circle windows above the other windows and they are not covered. If you are an early riser and/or can nap with lots of light, probably not a big deal. But if you like to sleep in or need the room to be darker in order to nap, then you may want to reconsider.

How do you get back to Building 2? Is there parking back there?

MATTERHORN
03-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes there is lots of parking in the back near the building 2 entrance.

Andrea

PeterPansPixie
03-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes there is lots of parking in the back near the building 2 entrance.

Thanks, Andrea!

XTinabell
03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
I've stayed in building 4 and it was great. I found the highway noise only noisy when I went onto the balcony otherwise I couldn't hear it at all. And it was nice being close to the pool.

twinmama1999
03-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks, we're under two weeks now, very exciting indeed!!

SamIAm21
03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Building 4 is very nice and quiet especially if you face the walkway and fountain. I would think that facing the pool could be a little loud with the kids and folks in the pool. However, if you like being in the thick of it and hearing all the fun, Building 4 will definitely work for you!!