PDA

View Full Version : ECV's at Disneyland?

dohgusgus
03-28-2007, 10:08 AM
My grandmother has very hip and knee problems so she can only walk for so long and we are going to Disneyland in 2 weeks and 6 days (but whose counting :rolleyes1 ).

Does anyone know if they rent out ECVs or just regular wheelchairs? It would be kinda tough pushing my grandma uphill in New Orlean's square and I don't want to fall back and see her rolling away :lmao: Now that's a ride in itself.

stampinshauna
03-28-2007, 10:22 AM
They do rent both ECV's and Wheelchairs.

dohgusgus
03-28-2007, 10:34 AM
They do rent both ECV's and Wheelchairs.

Do you by chance know how much they cost?

tinkerbelt
03-28-2007, 11:32 AM
For the ECV's, I think you have to put down a $50 deposit, but you get some of it back when you return it. It costs either $25 or $35, I think.

dohgusgus
03-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I didn't know it was that pricey. So I'm guessing a reg. wheelchair would be cheaper but WAY less convenient

Amy&Dan
03-28-2007, 05:26 PM
The ECCV's are around $40 a day I think. You do put down more than that as the pp said, and then when you return it you get part of that back. We have rented them many, many times for my fil. And that cost does add up! Wheelchairs are much less but I have to say pushing a wheelchair is not that easy. Especially given that some areas of DL are a bit hilly. It stinks having to pay that much extra but sometimes its a necessity.

dohgusgus
03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
On another discussion board, somebody said that my grandma needs a note from her Dr. so that she doesn't have to wait in lines in her wheelchair. does anyone know anything about this? :confused3

Amy&Dan
03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
On another discussion board, somebody said that my grandma needs a note from her Dr. so that she doesn't have to wait in lines in her wheelchair. does anyone know anything about this? :confused3

Check out the disabilities board here on the dis. There are many experts over there that can tell you what you need to know on this issue. There is a Guest Assistance Card that can be obtained but I don't know the criteria for getting one.